Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Leafs, Tuesday Oct 8th. The Downie effect continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It will likely be Landy and Stastny against Kessel.

With it being at Toronto, I bet we see them trying to get Kessel out against MacKinnon a lot. Bolland's line probably matched up with Duchene's line. Kadri's line against Stastny's. I like the match up for the Avs when it comes to the forwards.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Expecting a good game. Hopefully Lando can contribute nicely.

Also Roy said Guenin starts again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
With it being at Toronto, I bet we see them trying to get Kessel out against MacKinnon a lot. Bolland's line probably matched up with Duchene's line. Kadri's line against Stastny's. I like the match up for the Avs when it comes to the forwards.

I wouldn't be too worried about that matchup either. MacKinnon's back check will neutralize one of Kessel's best strengths.

The one thing I am worried about is Sarich being on the ice at the same time as Kessel. That would be a nightmare.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Should be a good game. I think the Avs have them beat at forward, but the Leafs have a very skilled blueline.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that we have only played 2 games?

With everything that has gone on, and how different this team looks after just one offseason, I have to take a step back and remind myself that we are only 2 games into the season lol.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Thank you! I shall be pre-drinking there haha:handclap:

I've passed that place 5 times since I've been in the city. Looks a bit like a ****hole though. I prefer Jack Astors lol.

Unfortunately I've pretty much burned through my money so ill be predrinking at the hotel.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
At least some of us are on the same page though. We shouldn't strive towards being hated.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
At least some of us are on the same page though. We shouldn't strive towards being hated.

I don't look at it as "wanting to be hated".

When teams and fans start hating your team, it's usually because you are doing something right.

Sure it's a small sample size, but we are playing good hockey so far this season. We are also hard to play against, which frustrates teams.

You don't get to the top of the league (and by no means am I saying we are heading there this year) by becoming friends with everyone in the league. You get to the top by pissing everyone off.

I don't necessarily want the Avs to be hated, but I view it as a good thing more than a bad thing.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You obviously didn't pay close attention to his grammar correction :laugh:.

:laugh:

The one thing from English class throughout High school and University that I never fully got a grasp on was the difference between their and there.

But I'm a numbers/math guy, I could care less about grammar :laugh:.

I actually like the fact that were being hated by other fan bases and by other teams at this point. It means were relevant again. I'd rather the Avs and our fan base be hated by everyone then for everyone to have no opinion at all on us. Its good to be relevant.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Hi all -

If Leaf fans are here engaging in positive discussion, that's fine (and conversely, if you are engaging in positive discussion on the Leaf board, that's fine). Remember that you will likely not get the benefit of the doubt on an opposing team's sub-forum.

If Leaf fans are trolling, please report them and move on with your life. If you respond, you give them exactly what they want (and increase your chances of receiving a gift from the staff here).

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I love the bit of animosity the Avs and Leafs fans are building up considering it's the 3rd/4th game of the season and the teams are in separate conferences.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
:laugh:

The one thing from English class throughout High school and University that I never fully got a grasp on was the difference between their and there.

But I'm a numbers/math guy, I could care less about grammar :laugh:.

I actually like the fact that were being hated by other fan bases and by other teams at this point. It means were relevant again. I'd rather the Avs and our fan base be hated by everyone then for everyone to have no opinion at all on us. Its good to be relevant.

Not very hard, there is referring to a place "i went there" their is something belonging to someone, "their board"

As for people hating us, it's great, but no point going and arguing like babies about everything because people are going to say anything to get under your skin even when it's blatantly false. Best thing to do is give them a laughing smiley and ignore. It will piss them off even more.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I hate to be that guy but to the Avs and Leaf fans bashing here,

Both of our teams have been a complete joke for years (Leafs finally turning around, Find out soon if Avs are, I'm guessing yes) - Arguing over who's going to blow each other out 9-0 is like arguing who's the biggest Pejorative Slur when you're both really, really Pejorative Slured.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I hate to be that guy but to the Avs and Leaf fans bashing here,

Both of our teams have been a complete joke for years (Leafs finally turning around, Find out soon if Avs are, I'm guessing yes) - Arguing over who's going to blow each other out 9-0 is like arguing who's the biggest Pejorative Slur when you're both really, really Pejorative Slured.

That being said, Avs have no chance. NO ONES MORE Pejorative SlurED THAN ME!

Sorry bro Avs have never lost a game I've attended!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You guys sound like Canucks fans when you talk about how you love being hated... I don't like the sound of that at all.

We're still too irrelevant to be hated like that. A lot of people on HF don't seem to like us (especially Roy and Downie) but in general I doubt many people care about the Avs.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
We're still too irrelevant to be hated like that. A lot of people on HF don't seem to like us (especially Roy and Downie) but in general I doubt many people care about the Avs.

Nobody likes good teams other than their fan bases. For the most part anyway. How many people outside their fan bases like the Penguins, Hawks, Bruins, Red Wings?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nobody likes good teams other than their fan bases. For the most part anyway. How many people outside their fan bases like the Penguins, Hawks, Bruins, Red Wings?

This is such a good point, but at the same time you see a lot of comments about people liking the Avs in their hay day. Even if they were primarily fans of another team.

Detroit really isn't hated as much as the others you mention IMO. Outside of Avs fans anyways.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
A bit of smack talk before the game isn't that bad. Going to the other teams forum after a win rarely leads to good things.

I tend to stay away from posting on other teams forums because I think every fan base should have their own space to frolic in.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I like the Pens and Bruins.

Once we start winning and have some success, then we might be hated a lot more. Roy, Downie, the high draft pick/tanking talk that will come up, etc. Right now though, it's just an internet and message board thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad