Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Leafs, Tuesday Oct 8th. The Downie effect continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Kulemen, Gunnerson, Reilly.

We only have Statsny that people often get wrong.

I don't know about, seems like a lot of people misspell O'Reilly's name a lot, some spell his name O'money for some reason... :sarcasm:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Flyers also made Lappy an assistant coach. :yo:

Wrong thread, but still. Lappy!

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
I have a tutorial at school during the start of the game. And they take attendance for marks, so I can't even skip it. Gonna have to listen to Moser during the tutorial I guess.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I <3 Jay McClement.

Seriously, if we had McClement as a 4th C, our lines would be so ridiculously balanced and the PK would have all the necessary players.

Such a shame he wanted to be in Toronto.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I hope we blow the Leafs out as well....but come on guys. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Our defense looked bad in the first few games and Varly really bailed us out. Don't get cocky, because it will more than likely all come tumbling down soon. This kind of start happened in 2 of Sacco's seasons as well. Don't you remember the "Are the Avalanche for real?" threads. Well in March they became a "What happened?" thread.

Regardless, lets make Phaneuf look like the mistake magnet he is and lets beat the Leafs.
Game 1, I would agree. I thought the defense played well last game.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think that's more a product of Nashville's offense lacking. Although I agree the D didn't look too shabby
Yeah, they don't have a ton of firepower, but they create chances other ways, particularly on the cycle, and I thought the Avs did a great job limiting them. I don't recall them having a ton of great scoring chances.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Just read through the Leafs pre-game thread. We're ****ed guys.
-We have 1 second pairing defenceman, and a bunch of bottom pairing defencemen.
-No one who can stop Kessel and Lupul.
-All the Avs forward have been outscored by the Leafs forwards over the last three years.
-Bernier is an absolute brickwall.
-Our coach is a *****.
-Downie will turtle like he always does.

Avs are worse in every aspect of the game. I think we'll be shutting our arrogant mouths after being humuliated 8-0.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Just read through the Leafs pre-game thread. We're ****ed guys.
-We have 1 second pairing defenceman, and a bunch of bottom pairing defencemen.
-No one who can stop Kessel and Lupul.
-All the Avs forward have been outscored by the Leafs forwards over the last three years.
-Bernier is an absolute brickwall.
-Our coach is a *****.
-Downie will turtle like he always does.

Avs are worse in every aspect of the game. I think we'll be shutting our arrogant mouths after being humuliated 8-0.

Also don't forget Orr will fight Bordeleau, McLeod and Roy at the same time, killing them. Bettman will be so moved he will award the Stanley Cup to the Maple Leafs on the spot where Orr will drink their blood from its chalice. Immediately after the game O'Reilly, Duchene, and MacKinnon will demand trades to the Leafs and start a hunger strike until they get it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Also don't forget Orr will fight Bordeleau, McLeod and Roy at the same time, killing them. Bettman will be so moved he will award the Stanley Cup to the Maple Leafs on the spot where Orr will drink their blood from its chalice. Immediately after the game O'Reilly, Duchene, and MacKinnon will demand trades to the Leafs and start a hunger strike until they get it.

:handclap::handclap:

Man I cant wait for the game.

Have a Psych exam at 530 on Tuesday, game starts at 830, gonna get out of the exam just in time for the game!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Go Avs for this one! Can't wait until Thursday when they meet up with Boston. We have to wait from last Saturday against Detroit until Thursday for Hockey again when we play you guys. :(

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Why are we picking fights with Leafs fans in this thread? I get that there were a lot of trade proposals (which is the worst forum on HF anyways), but come on. Last time we played these guys the Leafs fans coming over to comment were very classy and reasonable. The fan vs fan stuff in here is stupid.

Going to be in town to go to this game so I'm excited. Hoping for another solid game from the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->