Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Leafs, Tuesday Oct 8th. The Downie effect continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
A bit of smack talk before the game isn't that bad. Going to the other teams forum after a win rarely leads to good things.

I tend to stay away from posting on other teams forums because I think every fan base should have their own space to frolic in.

And we all know how much we like to frolic.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
And we all know how much we like to frolic.

I prefer to prance...

prancercise.gif

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
This is such a good point, but at the same time you see a lot of comments about people liking the Avs in their hay day. Even if they were primarily fans of another team.

Detroit really isn't hated as much as the others you mention IMO. Outside of Avs fans anyways.

I think a lot of people liking the avs in their hay day is more of a nostalgic look back than them actually liking tem at the time, or it could just be people that had a soft spot for them.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I like the Pens and Bruins.

Once we start winning and have some success, then we might be hated a lot more. Roy, Downie, the high draft pick/tanking talk that will come up, etc. Right now though, it's just an internet and message board thing.

I didn't say it was impossible to like them. I like the Penguins and leafs but you certainlysee a TONNE of hate for the Penguins in general.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I like how they bash our team and D pretty bad and then say things like they wouldn't be surprised if they lost cause their D has been playing like ****.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Gotta admit im not really thrilled about the prospect of Kessel and later Ovechkin going up against Barrie/Guenin

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I won't mind if we lose to the Caps, I just want them to beat the Leafs. Their fans are ridic.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I won't mind if we lose to the Caps, I just want them to beat the Leafs. Their fans are ridic.

Aw, you don't agree that the Marlies have a better defensive core than the Avs?

I'm looking forward to the game though, clash of two egotistical fan bases if you were to ask anyone else on HF. Immovable objects versus the unstoppable forces!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I don't know... I'm hoping for Varlamov to get a shutout and Holtby to give up 4+ goals...

Anyways can't wait for this game, screw studying for exams, I'm gonna watch Avs hockey.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't know... I'm hoping for Varlamov to get a shutout and Holtby to give up 4+ goals...

Anyways can't wait for this game, screw studying for exams, I'm gonna watch Avs hockey.

Agreed. I'm hoping we beat the Caps and the Leafs. Wont be too upset if we lost to the B's though.

If we do beat the Leafs tomorrow, we migh actually have a shot at being the last team to lose a game. Our game against the B's on Thursday could potentially end up being the deciding game, again assuming we can beat the Leafs.

Mant*

These commercials for the game are hilarious. "Patrick Roy's roughhouse Avalanche come into town with their new targets set..." :lol:

So Roy is Colorado's new Don Cherry.

Come to the fights (between coaches) and see an Avalanche game break out.

Team Overrated

Aug 5, 2013
Lol egotistical? Us? Nah we are by far the most sarcastic fan base but whats wrong with that?I dont think anyone here is planning parades after a 2 game win streak...

Why not you'd hate to be caught without a plan in June. We do it every year! BTW are you in Cambo?

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Don't get me wrong, our defense is bad. Transition still has a long way to go. Zone coverage, though, is already much better. But they're not nearly as bad as opposing fans, particularly the Leafs apparently, like to portray them. Just a better system has made an immense difference. I expect EJ to have a big game tomorrow actually. He was looking comfortable towards the end of the Preds game.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I like the Pens and Bruins.

Once we start winning and have some success, then we might be hated a lot more. Roy, Downie, the high draft pick/tanking talk that will come up, etc. Right now though, it's just an internet and message board thing.
You don't even need to get that far. All the Avs need to do is show promise that they're headed in the right direction and everyone will start jumping down your throats claiming your successes are flukes.

I'm excited to see Landeskog play. Haven't had a chance since he left Kitchener. Should be a good one.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I liked team defense last game. Forwards did a good job supporting and getting the puck out of our zone. PK was solid and Varlamov stellar again. Nashville might not have the flash of some other teams but they work hard and cycle the puck well. I thought all three pairings handled defense well. It was in the offensive zone some of the defenders didn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad