Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In both cases it would have to be a reboot.

Reboot of those franchises yes but not the MCU. They likely could find a way to work FF in easily with them getting their powers just recently. X-Men would be more difficult as you would have to wonder where these people powers have been all this time but I am sure it could be done.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Reboot of those franchises yes but not the MCU. They likely could find a way to work FF in easily with them getting their powers just recently. X-Men would be more difficult as you would have to wonder where these people powers have been all this time but I am sure it could be done.

Moviebob did a pretty good fan-fic episode for how he would work the F4 into the MCU. Something about a time warp and them just disappearing in the 1950's only to come back to earth in 2017 with all of their powers resulting from the warp thingy and while its been almost 70 years since they disappeared, they haven't actually aged more than a couple days since they went into the time warp. I thought it was a great pitch that opens up lots of room for story, character development and classic 'man out of time' humor.

Reactions: Ar-too

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why exactly would it shatter his bones? He does have an enhanced physique include much stronger bones...

I can't do the math but his bones would have to be ridiculously strong and dense. He essentially started boxing a fighter jet and/or a tank and almost won...With his bare hands.

It's a movie though so it isn't that big of a deal. The same way Thanos' punch not sending Tony to the moon isn't that big of a deal

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There's no excuse for this:

What exactly is Cap's suit made of that he can withstand a blast from close range like that? Or was Ultron kind enough to set his blaster to "Barely Stun" before the fight?

Also, Ultron literally has his hand around Cap's neck. He just has to close his fist and our hero's head would be the next thing Black Widow is scooping up off the highway. So what is Ultron waiting for? And why didn't he just blast Black Widow while he was at it? He could've taken out 2 Avengers in less than a second

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
There's no excuse for this:

What exactly is Cap's suit made of that he can withstand a blast from close range like that? Or was Ultron kind enough to set his blaster to "Barely Stun" before the fight?

Also, Ultron literally has his hand around Cap's neck. He just has to close his fist and our hero's head would be the next thing Black Widow is scooping up off the highway. So what is Ultron waiting for? And why didn't he just blast Black Widow while he was at it? He could've taken out 2 Avengers in less than a second

Ohhh god you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Reactions: Pilky01

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I can't do the math but his bones would have to be ridiculously strong and dense. He essentially started boxing a fighter jet and/or a tank and almost won...With his bare hands.

It's a movie though so it isn't that big of a deal. The same way Thanos' punch not sending Tony to the moon isn't that big of a deal

I did some quick research and the MCU Cap is considered to be superhuman including strength and durability if you look on the chart below of how Marvel defines this he would in theory have no problem hitting Iron Man in his suit.

5212757-3107483630-latest

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Anyone get the feeling that with Wakanda/Black Panther featured somewhat prominently in the trailer, that's going to be the location of the last infinity stone? Unless I'm forgetting something, the soul stone still hasn't been revealed. I suppose we may find out in the Black Panther movie. Also the trailer makes it pretty clear what ones are in play here (including which Thanos gets before the big fight), but the Aether/reality stone is nowhere to be seen.

There's a lot of speculation going on it might be at Wakanda or it might be Heimdall (his eyes) that has the remaining infinity stone which is the soul stone. The aether is at the collector's museum, it will show up in the film- don't want to give much way.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Are we seriously seeking realism in the Marvel universe? After all we've seen in these movies people are getting hung up on the fact that Cap could punch Iron Man's suit?

I mean I would understand if Black Widow was doing barefisted damage to the suit but past that...

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Are we seriously seeking realism in the Marvel universe? After all we've seen in these movies people are getting hung up on the fact that Cap could punch Iron Man's suit?

I mean I would understand if Black Widow was doing barefisted damage to the suit but past that...

That wasn't a complaint. It was just establishing precedent for unrealistic fighting in a movie after someone said something about Thanos punching Tony

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Just noticed that in Strange's mansion, Tony is holding the phone Steve sent him at the end of Civil War.
By the way, off topic, in the beginning of the trailer he is holding his left arm, the same arm where he felt some numbness in. Civil War (and briefly in Homecoming too, when he is scolding Peter).
Also off topic, Banner crashing in Strange's mansion is the MCU's version of Silver Surfer crashing in the same msnsion in the Infinity Gauntlet comics.
I just love attention to detail and references

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just noticed that in Strange's mansion, Tony is holding the phone Steve sent him at the end of Civil War.
By the way, off topic, in the beginning of the trailer he is holding his left arm, the same arm where he felt some numbness in. Civil War (and briefly in Homecoming too, when he is scolding Peter).
Also off topic, Banner crashing in Strange's mansion is the MCU's version of Silver Surfer crashing in the same msnsion in the Infinity Gauntlet comics.
I just love attention to detail and references[
/QUOTE]

Indeed some of us comic fans think he is indeed going to act as the herald of Thanos' arrival as Silver Surfer was in the comics.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
'Avengers: Infinity War' trailer sets record for most views in 24 hours

If you watched the Avengers: Infinity War trailer multiple times to catch all the details — Cap’s beard! Wakanda! The Guardians of the Galaxy! — you weren’t alone: The first trailer for the upcoming Marvel blockbuster racked up more than 200 million views in 24 hours, setting a new record for the most trailer views in a single day.
After debuting Wednesday morning, the Infinity War trailer earned 230 million views in its first day, according to Marvel. Infinity War‘s record viewership dethrones the previous champion, It, which earned 197 million views when the first trailer dropped earlier this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad