Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Saw a poster from Russia that's supposedly from Avengers 4 and the Hulkbuster armor is in it along with Yondu and The Ancient One...

Also Hawkeye gets some tats along the way

hotlink to deceptive site removed

Last edited by a moderator:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Been feeling a bit of superhero fatigue lately but that trailer sucked me right back in, looks so great.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Been feeling a bit of superhero fatigue lately but that trailer sucked me right back in, looks so great.

Next year will be a big test on what the limits are for superhero films, with 8 major live action films being released. But, with that trailer, its not likely to be this film that suffers if any fatigue does set in.

Bigger isn't always better, but, clearly, this film will be giving movie goers an experience that can't be duplicated elsewhere.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It looks good.

To be honest I am kinda bummed that the best part of the MCU is ending. I know unknown/lesser properties like GOTG and Ant-Man have done really well at the box office, but I don't think the MCU can thrive without the big guns.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Next year will be a big test on what the limits are for superhero films, with 8 major live action films being released. But, with that trailer, its not likely to be this film that suffers if any fatigue does set in.

Bigger isn't always better, but, clearly, this film will be giving movie goers an experience that can't be duplicated elsewhere.

Black Panther, Avengers, and Ant-Man from Marvel. Aquaman from DC. What are the others?

I do agree that bigger isn't always better but this film certainly looks like it's going to overcome that. Pretty much all of the main MCU films have been building to this confrontation with Thanos.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Amazing looking yet again. Looks like they are indeed going in groups like in the posters with each group of heroes fighting a specific member of Thanos' Black Order and also possible protecting a specific stone.

One thing that is weird with the Thor scene at the end is Groot is still small. From the after credit scene in GotG 2 I thought he would be at least that size in the movie.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Looks cool. I feel like they almost have too many heroes in this. The Guardians of the Galaxy are in it too? In order to fit all these characters in the movie will have to be at least 3 hours.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I love the dark yellow color scheme they're working with in the Thanos battle scenes. They use that scheme again at the very end with the Avengers logo. It looks like a sunset and more metaphorically, like the sun is setting on the Avengers. This is going to be so amazing!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Black Panther, Avengers, and Ant-Man from Marvel. Aquaman from DC. What are the others?

I do agree that bigger isn't always better but this film certainly looks like it's going to overcome that. Pretty much all of the main MCU films have been building to this confrontation with Thanos.

Black Panther February
New Mutants April
Avengers Infinity Wars May
Deadpool 2 and Incredibles 2 June
Ant-Man and the Wasp July
Venom October
X-Men Dark Phoenix November
Sony's Animated Spider Man movie with Miles Morales still on deck for December
Aquaman December

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Black Panther February
New Mutants April
Avengers Infinity Wars May
Deadpool 2 and Incredibles 2 June
Ant-Man and the Wasp July
Venom October
X-Men Dark Phoenix November
Sony's Animated Spider Man movie with Miles Morales still on deck for December
Aquaman December

New Mutants - TV, doesn't count.
Deadpool 2 - a comedy
Incredibles - animated movie, not what I would consider a comic book movie.
Venom - If anything is going to bomb this is it....
X-Men Dark Phoenix - X-Men movies are garbage and I dont think people hold them against Marvel
Animated Spider-Man - Surely this isn't going to theatres, right?
Aquaman - DC/WB, lol

I dont think those movies will put a dent in Infinity War's predictably massive box office numbers. Like I said, if anything is going to bomb it will be X-Men and then Aquaman.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Amazing looking yet again. Looks like they are indeed going in groups like in the posters with each group of heroes fighting a specific member of Thanos' Black Order and also possible protecting a specific stone.

One thing that is weird with the Thor scene at the end is Groot is still small. From the after credit scene in GotG 2 I thought he would be at least that size in the movie.
Chicks dig baby Groot and he sells more toys / stuffed animals.

pre-teen groot is just weird.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
New Mutants - TV, doesn't count.
Deadpool 2 - a comedy
Incredibles - animated movie, not what I would consider a comic book movie.
Venom - If anything is going to bomb this is it....
X-Men Dark Phoenix - X-Men movies are garbage and I dont think people hold them against Marvel
Animated Spider-Man - Surely this isn't going to theatres, right?
Aquaman - DC/WB, lol

I dont think those movies will put a dent in Infinity War's predictably massive box office numbers. Like I said, if anything is going to bomb it will be X-Men and then Aquaman.

Those are all theatrical movies and all he asked was what other comic book movies were coming out, not just MCU stuff.

Deadpool is comedy...in the comics also it is comic book movie and has more than comedy with tons of violence etc.

Venom may or may not bomb time will tell it does have a great lead with Tom Hardy.

New Mutants is also a movie not a tv show. From the first trailer looks like they follow the comics in that it's almost a horror film

The New Mutants are a bunch of teenage mutants who started life as a spinoff from the Marvel X-Men comics. The group are learning to control their mutant powers, and, in the comic book, they are guided by Professor Charles Xavier. Rather like Doctor Strange, New Mutants focuses on the more supernatural, mystic elements of the genre. Also, given the age of the characters, their personal dramas are often interwoven into storylines.
Directed by Josh Boone, the New Mutants is already in pre-production, but as yet no casting is confirmed. It is heavily rumored that James McAvoy will appear as Charles Xavier, and that would seem to be a logical thing to happen given his presence in the comics. Other actors who are reported to be frontrunners for roles, without official confirmation, are McAvoy’s Split co-star Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik and Game of Thrones‘ Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane.
With no official word to go on (and we’re hoping that changes soon), it is also assumed that the New Mutants movie will opt to keep close to the original line-up of characters from the comics, and that will include Cannonball, Mirage, Sunspot, and Wolfsbane. You can read more about them here.

Animated Spider Man is set to release in theaters in December who know where they are in production.

Spider-Man might be teaming up with Tony Stark and the rest of The Avengers over in the MCU, but Sony aren’t relinquishing their hold completely. An animated Spider-Man movie (as yet untitled) is currently in pre-production, with Bob Persichetti and Peter Ramsey set to direct. The script comes from Phil Lord, with the movie executive produced by Lord and Chris Miller.
It’s been confirmed that this Spider-Man movie will be a standalone feature, and will focus on Miles Morales. Many have been pushing for a live-action movie with Morales as Spider-Man, but we’ll take what we can get with him in animated form. Hopefully, the movie will be his origin story, since it’s unknown to many, and will give a refreshing take on the nature of Spider-Man. If this animated movie performs well, then who knows what shape the future of Spider-Man could take?
The release of Sony’s animated Spider-Man movie is still a long way off, but it’s already facing tough competition, because it releases on the same day as….

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Box office wise, the funny thing is that Disney is probably its own biggest competition, with the Hans Solo movie coming out the same month as Infinity War (albeit with 3 weeks buffer).

That said, this movie is going to have a ton of up front demand, at a time where movies usually open very big, as most kids are still in school, so the weekend is still the time when people can get to theatres.

With the marketing campaign starting from now and likely to steadily build, I think this might have a chance to challenge SW: TFA for biggest opening weekend (if Last Jedi doesn't take it before then).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad