Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I fall in and out of superhero fatigue but Iron Man, Spider Man, and Star Lord in the same shot got me some kind of excited.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Can't wait!

008215211495.jpg

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
BTW, saw an ad on FB yesterday. Part II's release date is already set 1 year to the week after Part I is released this year. So if you think it's a long wait to May...:laugh:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I think that the only TV cross over guy that would make sense would be Coulson from Shield, but I don't think you see any of the TV side or netflix side. They might have episodes that deal with it but that's about it.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
There's supposed to be how many marvel characters in this? And you guys think they won't include TV/Netflix characters? Okaaaay!

We know Thanos is going to kill a lot of heros. If there is no established connection between the characters & the movie goer then the characters they do kill of will just be a waste of time & really will add nothing to the story. Yes we have seen Marvel successfully introduce new characters within a movie (like in Civil War) but there is no way they can do it on the scale they'd need to to fill the number of characters Infinity Wars is supposed to have.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
There's supposed to be how many marvel characters in this? And you guys think they won't include TV/Netflix characters? Okaaaay!
Well, the TV heroes all have much smaller scopes of their stories than the MCU heroes, so they'd be a little out of place there anyway. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they make some cameos, but I don't expect them to either. Depends on the actors' contracts, probably, and whether it makes sense in the script.

We know Thanos is going to kill a lot of heros.
But not the TV heroes. It would be a complete waste of TV series potential to kill off Daredevil, Fist, Cage, etc. in a bit part in a movie.

If there is no established connection between the characters & the movie goer then the characters they do kill of will just be a waste of time & really will add nothing to the story.
That's why it will likely be one or more of the big boys getting offed. Cap, IM, Thor, etc. Those actors are at the ends of their contracts, their solo film series have ended, and Marvel wants to pass the torch to the next set of characters. It's an ideal setup for Marvel to knock some of the MCU 'old timers' off.

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
The old timers make them hundreds of millions of dollars. They wouldn't do that to replace them with some untested new hero. I would bet nobody dies, at least not permanently. Or someone just gets badly injured.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

We know Thanos is going to kill a lot of heros. If there is no established connection between the characters & the movie goer then the characters they do kill of will just be a waste of time & really will add nothing to the story. Yes we have seen Marvel successfully introduce new characters within a movie (like in Civil War) but there is no way they can do it on the scale they'd need to to fill the number of characters Infinity Wars is supposed to have.

It'd be quite a jarring acting mismatch if elite actors like Robert Downey, ScarJo, Ruffalo, Renner etc were forced to share the screen with tv acting mediocrities like Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter and Finn Jones. (IMO Charlie Cox could hold his own though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->