Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Untitled-11.gif

What's interesting about this shot is what Cap has on his forearms. In another scene before T'challa says "get that man a shield" yet there is no visible shield. I am wonder if those things turn into shields of some sort.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I had no problem with Cap fighting Ultron and Iron Man. Its not like he's some regular guy.

Agreed, I think people forget (old guy and old comic book fan here) that Captain America can basically hold his own against pretty much anyone.

There's no excuse though for the likes of Hawkeye and Black Widow taking some of the punishment they have in these movies, their excellent physical shape notwithstanding.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Gee it seems like you're not excited at all.
I said trailer, not film. AoU and IW both had great trailers. A creepy rendition of I've Got no Strings, David Spades "there are no strings on me", Iron Man Hulkbuster vs Hulk! Caps broken shield etc.

I was excited for AoU because the trailer promised things of consequence will finally happen! Now, we all know that turned out to be a damned lie, but I'll hold out hope for IW, in that things of consequence will finally happen! Fool me once...but at the same time third times the charm, right? Right?!?

Reactions: Nizdizzle

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I said trailer, not film. AoU and IW both had great trailers. A creepy rendition of I've Got no Strings, David Spades "there are no strings on me", Iron Man Hulkbuster vs Hulk! Caps broken shield etc.

I was excited for AoU because the trailer promised things of consequence will finally happen! Now, we all know that turned out to be a damned lie, but I'll hold out hope for IW, in that things of consequence will finally happen! Fool me once...but at the same time third times the charm, right? Right?!?

I think some of the speculation going around is that Infinity War will have...

a lot of main characters die, but be brought back with some funky usage of the infinity stones

...at least that's what should happen. It's Thanos, they better have him wrecking shit. If they water him down like they did Ultron then it'll be a major disappointment

Last edited:
Reactions: Finlandia WOAT

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I wasn't sure if that was some crack that this movie might suck and the hype is unwarranted.

Personally I think the Russos are responsible for one of the top 3 MCU movies (Cap. America 2) and Civil War easily being in the top 10, which IMO was good redemption for the mess that was Age of Ultron.

I have faith in them. Though I get the feeling this won't be as event heavy as people expect. I fully believe this movie will be largely set up and dialogue heavy. I am kind of anticipating disappointment among fans.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Ultron may have well been played by Spade for all the quips and one-liners they gave him. I'm still mad they turned a murderous death-bot into a sarcastic chump.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
someone please dub in David Spade's voice over Spader in the AoU trailer.

Last edited:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Ultron may have well been played by Spade for all the quips and one-liners they gave him. I'm still mad they turned a murderous death-bot into a sarcastic chump.
Agreed.

In a way, I see what Whedon was trying to do, as Ultron is young and lacking perspective and just computed all the data and decided human=bad.
In a way that makes sense.

But still, it wasn't the Ultron we were waiting for.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There's no excuse though for the likes of Hawkeye and Black Widow taking some of the punishment they have in these movies, their excellent physical shape notwithstanding.

They did a pretty good job in making that clear in the first Avengers film.

Both were someone concerned with their relative status compared with their superpowered colleagues.

I just assume they have access to cutting edge medical science. ;)

I would love to see a Black Widow/Hawkeye "intrigue" movie or even a Cold War prequel but apparently there isn't a market for it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Quotes from Kevin Feige from Brazil comic con.

Within the first five minutes of Infinity War, people will understand why Thanos is the biggest and baddest villain in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
You know, we’ve been teasing Thanos since the very first Avengers film. Remember the end of Avengers, the very end of the movie he turns around in the chair and you realize something bad is coming. We’ve been teasing him for years and the trick is when you tease something for that long you have to deliver.

Reactions: Voight

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Quotes from Kevin Feige from Brazil comic con.

Within the first five minutes of Infinity War, people will understand why Thanos is the biggest and baddest villain in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
You know, we’ve been teasing Thanos since the very first Avengers film. Remember the end of Avengers, the very end of the movie he turns around in the chair and you realize something bad is coming. We’ve been teasing him for years and the trick is when you tease something for that long you have to deliver.

Kevin Feige confirmed doesn't have the cinematic ingenuity to subvert all of our expectations and make Thanos an intergalactic parking enforcement officer.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I've been doing a bit of catch-up watching Dr Strange and the two Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I've seen Civil War, Homecoming, and the first two Avengers. Older stuff too (First Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk) Anything else I should watch not to miss anything? Will it be a lot more enjoyable if I watch the Thor, Ant-Man, etc.? Or I dont have to bother?

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I've been doing a bit of catch-up watching Dr Strange and the two Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I've seen Civil War, Homecoming, and the first two Avengers. Older stuff too (First Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk) Anything else I should watch not to miss anything? Will it be a lot more enjoyable if I watch the Thor, Ant-Man, etc.? Or I dont have to bother?

You'll definitely need Thor as there are relevant plot points. Probably not 1, but 2 and 3 have some background info. 2 will be a chore to get through, but 3 is a great ride.

Ant-Man isn't really integral to the plot, but it is a good movie. Different from the rest of the Marvel Movies as it is more like a heist film. Since you've seen Civil War you've already got what you need from Ant-Man though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad