Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That's disappointing, I don't think I'll bother with the next one. Having a dark chapter to the series was really refreshing to me. The events of this movie lose a lot of their meaning imo if they are simply undone.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's because "no one dies in the comics". If you look at Marvel's future release schedule many of these 'dead' characters have future movies in the works. Marvel has shown they can and will kill characters, but they're not going to wipe out half their lineup and cut themselves off from future Black Panther, Spiderman, Guardians of the Galaxy, and so on movies just to have a 'dark' ending. The only reason they could do what they did is because they already have some plot element planned out to reverse it. If they were going to do a permanent 'dark' ending, which could end up happening, they'd just kill off one or two of the big players like Stark or Rogers.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Just watched it (twice) and thought it was really good. Very well done.

Obviously they are going to undo some deaths, the existence of the Infinity Guantlet makes that easy enough (finding it will be the hard part). Undoing what Thanos did would be consistent with the comics. Would be a good way to maybe, possibly, bring in Adam Warlock?

Reactions: irunthepeg

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Also, my guess is that Gamora is trapped inside the soul gem (also happened in the comics).
I kinda thought Guardians 3 would be about them taking the stone back and getting Gamora (A4 ending with Quil taking the stone and leaving)

But I think they want the Guardians trilogy to be its own thing and not too heavily effected by the Avengers movies... idk.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I kinda thought Guardians 3 would be about them taking the stone back and getting Gamora (A4 ending with Quil taking the stone and leaving)

But I think they want the Guardians trilogy to be its own thing and not too heavily effected by the Avengers movies... idk.

I could see it going that way. G1 dealt with the stones so no reason why G3 shouldn’t. But do we know which comes out first, A4 or G3?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's disappointing, I don't think I'll bother with the next one. Having a dark chapter to the series was really refreshing to me. The events of this movie lose a lot of their meaning imo if they are simply undone.

We don't know how they will be undone or at what cost.

Seeing the movie on opening night and seeing the crowd react to the credits rolling was pretty special.

Infinity War was just excellent dumb fun. I am looking forward to the next one for sure and I was skeptical as hell with IW (I thought they were going to introduce the celestials).

A4 is gonna be all about the gauntlet methinks, since it was all busted at the end of IW. Maybe they call it the Infinity Gauntlet just to troll comic fans?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
We don't know how they will be undone or at what cost.

As someone who has no idea about what happens in the comics (apart from the odd comment in places like here) I'd think it would have to have something to do with beating Thanos and/or retrieving the gauntlet and using it in reverse. Not sure how convoluted that would get, but the only other option I could think of is time travel and that would be kind of lame.

I just figure if there's this all powerful mcguffin that can instantly turn half the people in the Universe to dust, then that same mcguffin should be powerful enough to turn them from dust back to people again. That's less of a mess than getting into time travel which can just let you retcon pretty much everything, and it leaves some impact from the original movie in that Loki, Gamora (though some of the recent posts here is the first time I've heard of her being 'in' the soul stone), and maybe Vision, dead, plus everything else that got blown up.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As someone who has no idea about what happens in the comics (apart from the odd comment in places like here) I'd think it would have to have something to do with beating Thanos and/or retrieving the gauntlet and using it in reverse. Not sure how convoluted that would get, but the only other option I could think of is time travel and that would be kind of lame.

I just figure if there's this all powerful mcguffin that can instantly turn half the people in the Universe to dust, then that same mcguffin should be powerful enough to turn them from dust back to people again. That's less of a mess than getting into time travel which can just let you retcon pretty much everything, and it leaves some impact from the original movie in that Loki, Gamora (though some of the recent posts here is the first time I've heard of her being 'in' the soul stone), and maybe Vision, dead, plus everything else that got blown up.

The resolution will almost assuredly be weak, resolutions in crowd-pleasers tend to be.

The way the arch ends in the comics is also weak.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well, it leads into the whole Adam Warlock/Magus/Infinity Watch stuff, which I think is pretty good.

Warlock is a boring character and Infinity Crusade felt like it was wrestling with the issue of introducing something as powerful as the Inifinity Gauntlet/Gems.

I am confident they won't go that route in A4 because that would be way too tacky for the Russos to pull off I think.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Warlock is a boring character and Infinity Crusade felt like it was wrestling with the issue of introducing something as powerful as the Inifinity Gauntlet/Gems.

I am confident they won't go that route in A4 because that would be way too tacky for the Russos to pull off I think.

Honestly find all the next round characters to be mid teir.

I was always jazzed to see Stark on screen and where his story was going. Captain America, Thor Hulk...were all side kicks to RDJ's Stark. The problem with the next batch of players is that their is no Stark to center the verse off of. They are all "ok" Spiderman, Strange, Black Panther, AntMan...Winter Soldier...but none steal the screen for me the way RDJ did.

Once he's gone, my interest is gonna disappear.

tumblr_m8tq79dVQ11r6nok4.gif

And personally, I hate this Nano tech rubber suit he's wearing. I preferred the look of actual metal armor that got wrecked.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I never read the comics either. I kept up with Spiderman but, that was mostly through the daily newspaper comic strip. The other day I'm watching IW at home and I see Thanos at the end sitting on what appears to be Titan. I text my younger Cousin who I thought was really into these comics and asked him why Is Thanos on Titan and is he actually there and used the reality stone to recreate a reality he likes? Why didn't Thanos just use the time stone to back and fix Titan?

His response was it's just a stupid comic book movie and you are over thinking it.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

I could see it going that way. G1 dealt with the stones so no reason why G3 shouldn’t. But do we know which comes out first, A4 or G3?

That sounds really dope. I liked how GotG1 dealt directly with a stone the whole movie. It would be cool if GotG3 did too.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad