Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm very curious to see the direction they go in after IW2. Personally I think it'd be a mistake to start getting heavily into Celestials and go further up the tree of ultra-powerful cosmic entities. IMHO it gets real boring and real hard for casual fans to care.

Instead of trying to up the stakes with scenarios more severe than Infinity War and villains more dangerous than Thanos, I think they should do the opposite. Don't focus on the next band of Avengers, build up new characters with smaller, individual stories that have more consequences more localized to that specific hero.

Of course Marvel knows what they're doing and I trust them to make the right moves. I just think trying to give fans "THE NEXT AVENGERS!!!!" would be a huge misstep

Reactions: NyQuil

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
At best he is Neutral Evil with Chaotic tendencies.

There is nothing lawful about murdering billions.
Oh no no no I disagree. His whole plan is based on order. Comics Thanos (courting Lady Death and all) - maybe more chaotic. This? Pragmatic solution to a problem that is executed evenly? I think that falls on the lawful end of the spectrum.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Oh no no no I disagree. His whole plan is based on order. Comics Thanos (courting Lady Death and all) - maybe more chaotic. This? Pragmatic solution to a problem that is executed evenly? I think that falls on the lawful end of the spectrum.

See my Neutral edit.

Lawful evil will follow the law until it doesn't benefit them. Nothing he does here benefits him except maybe the removal of angst.

Neutral characters are all about balance.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm very curious to see the direction they go in after IW2. Personally I think it'd be a mistake to start getting heavily into Celestials and go further up the tree of ultra-powerful cosmic entities. IMHO it gets real boring and real hard for casual fans to care.

Instead of trying to up the stakes with scenarios more severe than Infinity War and villains more dangerous than Thanos, I think they should do the opposite. Don't focus on the next band of Avengers, build up new characters with smaller, individual stories that have more consequences more localized to that specific hero.

Of course Marvel knows what they're doing and I trust them to make the right moves. I just think trying to give fans "THE NEXT AVENGERS!!!!" would be a huge misstep
How many total Marvel movies (from Iron Man to IW2?) Like 24 or so? And Thanos wasn't introduced until like #5.

Keep that up with a new Big Bad is fine. And the new big bad should be... I want to say Galactus, but I know that's going to have issues with the Fantastic Four and all. Anyway - I think Marvel is pretty good with knowing how to pace their releases.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
How many total Marvel movies (from Iron Man to IW2?) Like 24 or so? And Thanos wasn't introduced until like #5.

Keep that up with a new Big Bad is fine. And the new big bad should be... I want to say Galactus, but I know that's going to have issues with the Fantastic Four and all. Anyway - I think Marvel is pretty good with knowing how to pace their releases.

Disney bought Fox so they should be getting the rights to the Fantastic Four and Galactus back at some point.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Disney bought Fox so they should be getting the rights to the Fantastic Four and Galactus back at some point.

Total guess, but I assume inserting X-Men, F4, and probably Galactus/Silver Surfer is what carries the next phase. The timing of getting Fox is perfect.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’d be okay with just crossover movies moreso instead of Avengers movies. Not enough screen time for all these characters. I like them still obviously but if you add ten more characters in it’s going to get diluted very quickly. Maybe do an Avengers movie every so often but focus more on crossovers to show the Avengers.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
X-Men getting the Marvel treatment and becoming part of the MCU would make me insanely happy.
Most of the core of the avengers are going to move on from their roles by the time all of the Fox superheroes come into the MCU.

It’s been 10 years for RDJ. 7 years for Evans (37) and Hemsworth (35). Boseman , the black panther is already in his early 40’s. Jackman played Wolverine for 17 years beginning at age 32.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Most of the core of the avengers are going to move on from their roles by the time all of the Fox superheroes come into the MCU.

It’s been 10 years for RDJ. 7 years for Evans (37) and Hemsworth (35). Boseman , the black panther is already in his early 40’s. Jackman played Wolverine for 17 years beginning at age 32.

The deal is expected to be finalized in the early half of next year and Feige's already planned things out beforehand.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Despite how great Winter Soldier and Civil War were, I can live without more Captain America. I'm also tired of RDJ and wouldn't miss Iron Man a bit.
But Thor is finally great after Thor Rangarok so it'd suck if that series ended. Hard to really continue on his own at this point though; maybe a cross-over with Guardians.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Despite how great Winter Soldier and Civil War were, I can live without more Captain America. I'm also tired of RDJ and wouldn't miss Iron Man a bit.
But Thor is finally great after Thor Rangarok so it'd suck if that series ended. Hard to really continue on his own at this point though; maybe a cross-over with Guardians.

In best Thor voice "Good thinking rabbit!".

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

On the other hand is that Tom cruise has been making mission impossible movies for over 20 years, and they’re just getting better and better.

Although granted RDJ, hemsworth and Evans have already been in as many (or more) movies as their characters as cruise has as Ethan Hunt in less than 1/2 the time.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

What in the f***, Boseman is 40... Today I learned.

Yeah, I checked on Hemsworth's age the other day. I hope he's got a few more in him. It's crazy how one movie took that character from a B-tier guy to the A+ tier. I think RDJ will stay involved for a long time. He can do less and less. Either by appearing on screen just as Tony or by just capturing his face "inside the suit" if they want to continue him be there as Iron-Man.

I think it makes sense for Evans to be done soon. I had always heard he wanted to transition to a behind-the-camera role for years. It would work with Bucky to take over, although I would love if Sebastian Stan was cast to play a post-Episode 6, pre-Episode 7 version of Luke Skywalker (look how similar him and Hamill look around that age, there's been good Photoshops and it's crazy).

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
On the other hand is that Tom cruise has been making mission impossible movies for over 20 years, and they’re just getting better and better.

Although granted RDJ, hemsworth and Evans have already been in as many (or more) movies as their characters as cruise has as Ethan Hunt in less than 1/2 the time.
There's also the fact that Tom Cruise is the only star of his movies and gets paid basically whatever he wants. MCU has too many chefs in the kitchen and not enough money to pay them all huge dollars. I believe that's why Samuel L Jackson has been MIA.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
There's also the fact that Tom Cruise is the only star of his movies and gets paid basically whatever he wants. MCU has too many chefs in the kitchen and not enough money to pay them all huge dollars. I believe that's why Samuel L Jackson has been MIA.

I feel like with the way Disney has been putting out hit after hit, they have more than enough money to pay them all.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Hemsworth is the only one that hasn't really ruled out anymore Thor movies. Yes, his contract is up but if Taika goes to him with another script i think he'll be down for it. Thor 4 where Thor goes to Helheim to get Loki and on his way he comes across Hela and boom family reunion. :popcorn:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hemsworth is the only one that hasn't really ruled out anymore Thor movies. Yes, his contract is up but if Taika goes to him with another script i think he'll be down for it. Thor 4 where Thor goes to Helheim to get Loki and on his way he comes across Hela and boom family reunion. :popcorn:
If I recall Hemsworth has strait out said that he wants to continue to play Thor, solo movies or team-up movies.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
After watching it a bit more at home....I still think I prefer Civil War.

My top 3 are Civil War, Ragnarok and Infinity War.....and they can go in any order really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad