Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't think they will be getting the record back either.
Possibly/probably not, but I have to imagine the conclusion of the new trilogy is going to likely pull a very big number, the audience reaction to TLJ nonwithstanding.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It's called making a film that completely avoids all fan fiction and goes against all internet speuclations and is primarily understood by people who saw the original trilogy in theaters.
More likely it means that it's a film which is a deus ex machina masterpiece with forced dialog, really unfunny humor, random hippy stories, and just characters who are entirely pointless.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I don't think they will be getting the record back either.

It's iffy.

One thing to remember about that mid December slot it's actually not well designed for a big opening weekend. It's actually a very challenging weekend for people to find time to get to the theatres, but, it's a good launch date to give a 2-3 week stretch where families get out to theatres together.

The fact that both TFA and TLJ had such big opening weekends is a testament to how dedicated that fan base is to see it opening weekend. TFA for example, despite having a near 4 multiplier had a very front loaded weekend.

I also think other studios have learned to not cede the whole Christmas period to Disney anymore.

The bigger question is if Avengers 4 beats its own record next year. There's also the live action Lion King coming down that may compete for it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not with Solo but maybe with the final of the current trilogy...would take a lot of hype.

They won't be getting my $ on opening weekend again. I watched from the front row just so that I wouldn't hear spoilers. If it has a similar fan reaction as TLJ I may wait until it's on DVD to watch it. I have absolutely no desire to watch Solo after TLJ either.

Reactions: Huggy43

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Star Wars is just a very mediocre franchise.

I don't think Episode 9 has a chance at all not without Luke or Han... Nobody cares about the new characters

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Star Wars is just a very mediocre franchise.

I don't think Episode 9 has a chance at all not without Luke or Han... Nobody cares about the new characters

No Luke, Leia, Solo or even Snoke who would've been an interesting character due to his power as a Sith Lord.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
No Luke, Leia, Solo or even Snoke who would've been an interesting character due to his power as a Sith Lord.

But what about Rose Tico ? Finn ? Or Mary Sue ?

If the rebels/allies/resistance, whatever they are don't do it for you, they have great villains too ! Captain Phasma and her amazing backstory, the emo sith or General "spaceballs" Hux ?

But really it's about how they are going to subvert your expectations and promote diversity ! Can't be against that or you're a hater.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
One of the big theories I have heard is that Snoke was a puppet and that someone even bigger than him was giving him his marching orders.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Oh cool, this is a Star Wars thread now

giphy.gif

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Star Wars doesn't have the luster it once did. I bet Infinity War part 2 beats Infinity War part 1's records.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I liked the comparison earlier in this thread.

Star Wars is like Sonic the Hedgehog. It was never actually very good.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
One of the big theories I have heard is that Snoke was a puppet and that someone even bigger than him was giving him his marching orders.

No idea. That said I am more than willing to wait to find out. TLJ really bastardized SW for me.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Let's move on to the actual movie under discussion instead of whatever theories or hot takes we feel like making about Star Wars.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Movie was so good. I love how they re-integrated all of the characters a few at a time in their own scenes. Honestly, it felt like I was watching several movies at once.

Best part is that we haven't seen all of the superheroes altogether in one place. If/when that happens in the next movie, it's going to be a sight to behold. They did a really great job building that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad