Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That was what the film was. Its saving grace was all the good work the solo films already did.

On its own merits it was as noisy and joyless as justice league.

Justice League was a turd of a movie compared to this one. The only decent thing DC has put out lately is WW and that movie while damn good is more in the Black Panther league of movie and not in the Infinity War league. Justice League was below Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther easily.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Justice League was a turd of a movie compared to this one. The only decent thing DC has put out lately is WW and that movie while damn good is more in the Black Panther league of movie and not in the Infinity War league. Justice League was below Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther easily.

Black Panther is top tier. It is easily better then Infinity war by a wide margin

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Black Panther is top tier. It is easily better then Infinity war by a wide margin

Completely different type of movie IMO. Both were awesome, but IW is in a league of its own. I saw them a week apart so both were fresh in my mind when I came to that conclusion.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

I waited and saw BP on Saturday and then IW on Sunday.

BP was really good but Infinity War was the superior movie. I liked BP but thought it a bit over-rated. There were some slow parts. Too easy to beat and kill the true villain as well. The premise seemed a bit forced. Murders his own brother instead of just taking him home and putting him under house arrest? Killing him was a pure evil act. Doesn't add up.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I waited and saw BP on Saturday and then IW on Sunday.

BP was really good but Infinity War was the superior movie. I liked BP but thought it a bit over-rated. There were some slow parts. Too easy to beat and kill the true villain as well. The premise seemed a bit forced. Murders his own brother instead of just taking him home and putting him under house arrest? Killing him was a pure evil act. Doesn't add up.

The brother wasn't coming home quietly.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I like Moviebob’s analogy in his review, that The Avengers movies are the all star game where the individual movies are the playoffs. The real work is done in the individual movies, and The Avengers is the fireworks show.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
wish it could crack 2 billion but with Deadpool and solo on the way I'm not sure
2 billion is all but assured.

This will hit 1 billion OS - China rather easily the way it's holding in nearly every market. China is looking at around $350m - $375m and Domestically $675m is a good target.

It's gonna be close as to whether or not IW can catch TFA WW. Don't think it will be able to leg its way to BP's $700m total Domestically though.

Reactions: CPTN71

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
~62 million this weekend domestically per official Disney estimates. Deadline was predicting closer to ~65 and that may be the case if there's another Sunday overperformance relative to the official estimates. Only real significance there would be getting it across the 550 million line one day earlier.

Also the opening weekend in China looks to be at around 200 million USD, which would be the 3rd best ever there, and it's now over 1.6 billion worldwide.

2 billion is all but assured.

This will hit 1 billion OS - China rather easily the way it's holding in nearly every market. China is looking at around $350m - $375m and Domestically $675m is a good target.

It's gonna be close as to whether or not IW can catch TFA WW. Don't think it will be able to leg its way to BP's $700m total Domestically though.

I think it's got enough juice left to climb past 660 and into 4th overall domestically, but yeah I don't know if there's ~150 million left. Your 675 number seems like a likely middle ground between its probable lower (650) and upper (700) domestic bounds at this point. It will be interesting to see how front-loaded it ends up being in China. That will really determine whether or not it has a chance to pass TFA and even Titanic.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Without reading any posts to avoid spoilers and whatnot...sorry if its already been said.

Can I see this without seeing Black Panther or Thor Ragnarok, or are those must watch leading into Infinity War?

Thanks.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Without reading any posts to avoid spoilers and whatnot...sorry if its already been said.

Can I see this without seeing Black Panther or Thor Ragnarok, or are those must watch leading into Infinity War?

Thanks.

I would say Ragnarok is more relevant to the story than Black Panther, but I don't think either are absolutely essential.

In order of importance (off the top of my head) I would say GOTG 1 & 2, Avengers 1 & 2, and Civil War.

Reactions: Avalanche

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Thanks.
Yes, you can see it without seeing either one, although there are one or two moments where you'll be catching up to speed with events/locations/characters from those movies (nothing that you won't understand within 5 minutes of watching). However, I would try and watch them if you can as both of those movies give context to some important events in IW.

Reactions: Avalanche

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Repeat viewings of this confirm to me that it's one of the most impressive blockbuster-type films ever released. The second time I saw it (so first repeat after the initial viewing), I was worried that it was going to feel long and a bit dull without the suspense of not knowing how the plot unfolds, but if anything I feel like it goes by even quicker (not sitting through a half-hour of credits for the end scene probably helps a bit there). The pacing on this film is just tremendous. Also not being so emotionally invested on the repeat viewings makes it easier to enjoy/appreciate elements such as the humor and also the visuals of the action scenes (as opposed to just taking it what's happening), because you're not gripping the edge of your seat the whole time.

Reactions: Huggy43

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Thanks.

If possible, watch both. Both are great movies IMO and there are ties to both movies in IW.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Completely different type of movie IMO. Both were awesome, but IW is in a league of its own. I saw them a week apart so both were fresh in my mind when I came to that conclusion.

IW was too rushed and hectic to be in the top tier.

I preferred Thor: Ragnarok to IW.

I think IW was as well executed as it could be with its massive cast.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I was referring to the fact that so much happens that it has to jump around a lot.

It did jump around but never left you bored. IW was incredible but BP and Thor Ragnarok were awesome movies too, just not as good IMO.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
So IW is at $1.8B and just got its first real competition with Deadpool 2, needs about $102M to overtake Black Panther as top grossing superhero domestic. No way in hell it is getting close to Start Wars though. Those 3 weeks over the holidays racking in $770M will probably never be beat, unless it is by the last SW movie itself. Which I highly doubt considering how much everyone seemed to dislike the last one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad