Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's a great movie. One little thing that bugs me in particular...

Ned and Peter Parker greeting each other again is a great little part in the ending montage(Ned is one of the best things about Homecoming, IMO). But uh, why is Ned still in high school? Kid has got to be 20 at this point.

Another thing is I would like to see is how people in general react to everyone coming back. Five years is quite a long time. I'm sure everyone is generally happy. But for a hypotheical example: what about the guy who lost his wife, took a couple years grieving, then found someone and gets married again? Or: How about dealing with millions of unemployed people showing up all of sudden?

I guess thinking about stuff like this is what makes me a sci-fi/space opera fan generally. :laugh:

If Ned was snapped, then he would be the same age at Peter.

Reactions: Hint1k

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Yeah I’ve been interested to see how that works moving forward. Are they actually gone for good? I’m not totally convinced they are.

Though maybe it works because they’re gone in certain timelines but not all of them?
If Thanos had destroyed them it’d basically swallow that Universe whole. Nevermind ‘almost’ killing Thanos. But if he actually has, I’m sure they’ll just form again throughout the Universe since energy can’t be destroyed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Adam Warlock is shown with one, he's almost always associated with the gems. It’s up to the directors I guess.
I might have missed it in the movie but
What happened to the pre-GOTG Gamora? Did she turn to dust like the others?
IIRC They didn’t show her after kneeing Quill, we just see Quill at the end searching for her on his ship, hinting the plot for GoTG3 imo

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
How good was it? like a 10/10 or 7/10 or what?

For me, 9.5/10. There are maybe some imperfect things, but the overall movie and the beauty of how it was put together makes it that high. I take 0.5 off just because of the little things, but it’s literally as good as I could have asked for - and better. I feel like the more you know and are interested in the MCU, the more you will appreciate and like it.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Re: Cap arc and Vormir
No issues with him making out with Peggy's grandniece and then going back to presumably marry her? Also he would have been at her funeral and then known/saw that he was going to do it. Also, I had a bit of a laugh that in all the combos they came up with in the time travel, this was the only one that would have worked. Imagine War Machine and Nebula get there and have to turn back to get the other couple.....

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
To me the biggest plot hole in the movie is following:
How did "evil" Nebula manage to bring Thanos and his ship into the present day from the past
Well, I saw the movie only once, so i may be missed the explanation. Anyway the only explanation I can think of is:
Thanos and his "science guy" reverse engineered Tony's hand device, Pym particles and the whole time traveling technology they took from the "good" Nebula. Then upgraded it to the point that it allows to send a whole ship through time and space. They actually could spend a lot of time doing it (may be years), since when you have a time traveling technology - time does not matter. When they were ready they sent the "evil" Nebula back into present day to help them arrive at the right moment.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
To me the biggest plot hole in the movie is following:
How did "evil" Nebula manage to bring Thanos and his ship into the present day from the past
Well, I saw the movie only once, so i may be missed the explanation. Anyway the only explanation I can think of is:
Thanos and his "science guy" reverse engineered Tony's hand device, Pym particles and the whole time traveling technology they took from the "good" Nebula. Then upgraded it to the point that it allows to send a whole ship through time and space. They actually could spend a lot of time doing it (may be years), since when you have a time traveling technology - time does not matter. When they were ready they sent the "evil" Nebula back into present day to help them arrive at the right moment.

They likely figured out how it was used by watching the video from Nebula’s memory, and then sent evil Nebula back to send them in.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Re: Cap arc and Vormir
No issues with him making out with Peggy's grandniece and then going back to presumably marry her? Also he would have been at her funeral and then known/saw that he was going to do it. Also, I had a bit of a laugh that in all the combos they came up with in the time travel, this was the only one that would have worked. Imagine War Machine and Nebula get there and have to turn back to get the other couple.....
She is technically not his niece in this timeline. When Cap went back in the past and stayed there he created a separate timeline (a parallel reality) where he and Carter are together, but he "never kissed anyone else" :naughty: in that 2nd timeline. When he appeared as the "old" Cap in our timeline - its a point when both timelines are reunited into the one timeline again. So all his life with Peggy Carter happened only to him, but it did not happen to the rest of the world as we know it at this moment of time :nod:

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
She is technically not his niece in this timeline. When Cap went back in the past and stayed there he created a separate timeline (a parallel reality) where he and Carter are together, but he "never kissed anyone else" :naughty: in that 2nd timeline. When he appeared as the "old" Cap in this timeline - its a point when both timelines are reunited into the one timeline again. So all his life with Peggy Carter happened only to him, but it did not happen to the rest of the world as we know it at this moment of time :nod:

Ah yes, of course. Wait, I don't get it.

Reactions: shello and Hint1k

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Cap had to return each stone to their timeline so they wouldn’t create whole new and terrifying timelines according to the scene with the Ancient One and Banner

edit; I see what you’re asking now. Thanos destroying the stones with no effects on the Universe makes no sense seeing as they control an aspect of reality and have for billions of years, it was something I didn’t understand in IW. That’s kind of unexplained...
The Gems (except for power) were destroyed in 616 pre-Secret Wars soft reboot without ill effects. I dont think their continued existence is necessary to the universe.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Saw the movie tonight.

Thought it was very good, but not to the level I was expecting and I kind of disagree with some of the rankings in here. To me it was just a solid ~8/10. I think I'd rank Infinity Wars ahead of it still, possible a couple other MCU movies as well

Reactions: FultonReed

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Saw the movie tonight. Great movie, but I prefer Infinity War. One of the only thing I really hated is what they did with Thor. Unnaceptable

Reactions: FultonReed

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
The Gems (except for power) were destroyed in 616 pre-Secret Wars soft reboot without ill effects. I dont think their continued existence is necessary to the universe.
I haven’t read in a long time but I’m pretty sure it was the Time Gem that sent them to the future. And the only reason the Gems were destroyed was because Cap was using them to fight off the incursion with another Universe lol. That’s what I remember anyway. I don’t see a possible way Thanos just snaps the stones to atom without any repercussions.

Even since the Gems have resurfaced. They can’t be fully destroyed, they’ll always be somewhere. That was Hickman’s run, right? I don’t think it’s ever happened beyond that. Closest thing would be LT nullifying the Gauntlet altogether

Last edited:

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
In the alternate timeline in which Cap spent his life, did he leave that universe's Cap frozen in ice while he was screwing his girl? Or did they perhaps engage in polyandry? It's probably best not to think about it.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I will say I prefer Infinity War to Endgame VERY slightly. I loved Endgame and thought it was a truly epic ending, however Infinity War to me felt like the more complete movie, if that makes sense. It felt more fluid and pacing wise was honestly top notch. Endgame for all its parts was a great story, but sometimes a bit tougher to follow just because you're so caught up in everything it can be genuinely surprising to catch yourself forgetting how the plot's going for a second :laugh:

For the time being I'd put CAWS and Infinity War ahead, but Endgame can take the second spot on a second watch to be honest. It's truly a fantastic cinema experience, especially the third act. I cant wait to re watch this in IMAX without the 3D. The colors much darker at times in this movie, so no 3D will be great.

Also this is nit picky, but I would have liked to have seen a little more of Thanos in the film. And I say not picky because I completely understand why they didn't regarding the plot, but I just enjoy the character alot, and part of the reason I loved Infinity War was the balance of screentime between him and the Avengers.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You're unfortunately gonna get lots of plot holes in a movie of this size, it wasn't too glaring in general imo and I was fine with them.

Btw Captain Marvel with short hair....wow. I want her hair stylist and I'm a guy. Also I hated how her character just f***ed off for most of the film then swoops in right at the end, that isn't a plot hole to me, that's just one of those convenience things they use.

Btw my theatre was driving me nuts. A lot of high schoolers it seemed cos it was right when school was about to end and they kept clapping and going ooooh at like every major revelation which was basically throughout the entire 2nd half especially the big battle. Is this normal? In Canada? I've never experienced that but I generally watch films once they've been out for a while.

Reactions: jasonleaffan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad