Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
anyone else think Thor looked like a mix between Khal Drogo and The Dude?

feel like i have to see it again. still can't put my finger on what i was iffy on, but overall a fun experience.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Went a second time this morning...

My goodness Tony’s death hits hard. As others have said before, the theatre is just in complete silence. That whole sequence is just so well done.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
anyone else think Thor looked like a mix between Khal Drogo and The Dude?

feel like i have to see it again. still can't put my finger on what i was iffy on, but overall a fun experience.

If GoT were as dated as The Big Lebowski I’m sure Tony would have referenced him as well.

Reactions: FultonReed

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

It’s amazing how much it is outpacing IW. Like, it isn’t as if the MCU was significantly less popular this time last year. I suppose what it really speaks to is the value of serialized storytelling and how, once established, the hype will just snowball.

wait, there was a joke about that?

Tony called him The Dude at least once, I’m sure of it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

My goodness Tony’s death hits hard. As others have said before, the theatre is just in complete silence. That whole sequence is just so well done.
His

final recorded message hit me like a ton of bricks. I held it together for the most part up until that point but "I love you 3000", the warm smile and then his image fades away for the last time. Tears were pouring down my face. Didn't get as emotional the first time. The full context of his journey and knowing we'd never see that character again. Just rough.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Got out of the movie a couple hours ago. Amazing. Just a perfect ending to a franchise that I love.

I definitely recommend seeing this movie as spoiler free as possible. I basically haven’t even watched a trailer for the last month.

Seriously. Amazing.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Dissecting the film is gonna be lots of fun as spoiler concern fades.
That conversation from Avengers sprung to mind right away, really from the moment you realize Tony is going to sacrifice his perfect life for everyone's sake but his own.

mok5g40zptu21.jpg

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Oh.. let me say this..

If you’re a parent thinking about brining a younger kid who is going to talk or ask questions half the time... STAY THE EFF HOME.

Give it a weekend, at the very least. Thank god I had seen the movie already, or I would have been furious. It’s unbelievable. 3 little kids at the movie probably 6 years old or younger, all moving around the entire time, talking, asking questions.

As a parent, you should know better. Probably one of my biggest pet peeves. These kids don’t even understand the movie, and you’re ruining it for other people.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’m just gonna day it and I’ll probably be the only one that feels this way but I feel that it needed to be longer and I’m sure there’s a directors cut coming for it; I understand that this was close to the max it could be without an intermisssion but I felt some parts could be longer

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015

I’m going again Monday...

I’m worried about that scene the most, I don’t think I processed it correctly the first time. The first viewing I was really only sad at two parts, when Parker breaks down seeing Tony and when depressed Thor was talking to his mom, then again he’s always been my favorite. I’m not used to my Avengers dying on screen permanently...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’m just gonna day it and I’ll probably be the only one that feels this way but I feel that it needed to be longer and I’m sure there’s a directors cut coming for it; I understand that this was close to the max it could be without an intermisssion but I felt some parts could be longer

100% agree, and I’ve seen others say it as well. Just so much in this movie.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’m going again Monday...

I’m worried about that scene the most, I don’t think I processed it correctly the first time. The first viewing I was really only sad at two parts, when Parker breaks down seeing Tony and when depressed Thor was talking to his mom, then again he’s always been my favorite. I’m not used to my Avengers dying on screen permanently...

It’s just such a beautiful arc for him, and the fact that he sacrificed himself, even though he has a little girl. Man. Tough.

Reactions: The Hound

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I honestly believed after Thanos handed Captain his ass, that he was gonna bite the big bazooka as well. Part of what made this so well done is that we spent so much time thinking about who was gonna die and when. Once Black Widow hit the deck, I started questioning every damn scene. The fact that Tony died without being theatric (everyone else had the emotional responses) just hits you hard, man. It was brutal.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Loved it, but I liked Infinity War better to be honest.

SPOILERS BELOW
-^Probably because I'm just over the whole time travel thing at this point. Ending battle was amazing though.
-Loved how the pretty much got everyone back for this.
-Marked for Korg and Miek!
-Guessing past Gamora is still in the present and wasn't dusted and that's how she's in GotG3*, original Gamora remains dead along with those who died in this , Quicksilver and Vision(?) and then there's approx. 106 year old retired Cap** with Falcon now taking the mantle.
-*Hopefully the ending means Thor is in this.
-I had no idea who that one kid at the funeral was standing in front of Maria Hill, had to look it up to find out it was the kid from IM3.
-**I felt this coming as soon as he was going back alone to return the stones, but I don't get how it doesn't screw up the timeline or at least make an alternate where the old man cap wouldn't have been just sitting out there. Didn't Peggy they say Peggy married someone else in either Winter Soldier or Civil War?
-Also the Blue Meanie reference :laugh:

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Loved it, but I liked Infinity War better to be honest.

SPOILERS BELOW
-^Probably because I'm just over the whole time travel thing at this point. Ending battle was amazing though.
-Loved how the pretty much got everyone back for this.
-Marked for Korg and Miek!
-Guessing past Gamora is still in the present and wasn't dusted and that's how she's in GotG3*, original Gamora remains dead along with those who died in this , Quicksilver and Vision(?) and then there's approx. 106 year old retired Cap with Falcon now taking the mantle.
-*Hopefully the ending means Thor is in this.
-I had no idea who that one kid at the funeral was standing in front of Maria Hill, had to look it up to find out it was the kid from IM3.

I struggled with whether I like IW or Endgame better, but on second watch I think I’m going with Endgame. IW has a little better pace to it, but I like the storyline of Endgame better. It’s more of a drama for a while, then turns into a superhero movie at the end. Don’t get me wrong - loved them both. But I love how there’s more to the storyline in Endgame, and then the ending is just phenomenal on so many levels. Still got chills the second time when everyone came back for the fight.

I understand everyone’s issue with time travel, but that’s just how it had to be done. They added so many great things into the time travel aspect that I absolutely loved it.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
-**I felt this coming as soon as he was going back alone to return the stones, but I don't get how it doesn't screw up the timeline or at least make an alternate where the old man cap wouldn't have been just sitting out there. Didn't Peggy they say Peggy married someone else in either Winter Soldier or Civil War?
according to the time traveling theory this movie used:

When the "young" Cap returned back into 1945 he created another timeline aka another separate reality which is different from our reality. He stayed there for many years (we don't know how much) then he returned back to the moment of the movie where he is the "old" Cap sitting nearby with the shield. When he returned, he essentially traveled from that 2nd reality back to our reality. Now he has all his family life with Peggy, but it happened only to him. In our reality all his other life did not happen at all.

It's kinda look like this:

1-jpg.221911

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
according to the time traveling rules this movie used:

When the "young" Cap returned back into 1945 he created another timeline aka another separate reality which is different from our reality. He stayed there for many years (we don't know how much) then he returned back to the moment of the movie where he is the "old" Cap sitting nearby with the shield. When he returned, he essentially traveled from that 2nd reality back to our reality. Now he has all his family life with Peggy, but it happened only to him. In our reality all his other life did not happen at all.

It's kinda look like this:

1-jpg.221911

I guess i completely forgot that the timeline moving forward has to be in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad