Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I agree with the whole forced concept, and even liked the idea here of showing all the females in their own individual action scenes during that number. The reason I felt it stood out more than other scenes is because Danvers just blew up the entire ship on her own like 5 seconds earlier. She didn't need "help" to transport the glove.

Like I said earlier, this is us nitpicking now. If these are the main problems of a 3 hour long movie, then thats a good thing.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Most Avengers comics run into the massive problem of the majority of the Avengers *also* having their own books, so it's just too unwieldy. There have been some good runs, but it's never been an A+ property on a consistent basis.

I just cant love the X-Men no matter how hard I try. I liked Astonishing, and they have some great stories (Age of Apocalypse most notably), but overall I just never loved them.

I'm rediscovering cosmic Marvel though and I love what they've done in the past 10+ years.
True, I like the family feeling X-Men gives, it’s not FF level but it’s nice. That’s impossible with the Avengers who are usually brought together only for massive threats or Marvel events.

I couldn’t get into X-Men without reading Claremont’s runs first tbh, there’s just too many mutants nowadays that (IMO) it’d be hard to form lasting attachments to lots of characters.

I hope when the MCU introduce the mutants it’s the younger generation. Fassbender and McAvoy were perfect in their roles and there’s so many new interesting characters beyond Professor X and Magneto. Having an MCU Magneto and “enhanced” Scarlet Witch would just be weird lol.

With Thanos gone I’m curious but at the same time feel bad for whoever is casted as Doctor Doom, who I hope is the next big bad before they introduce the real heavyweights. I hope they work up Doctor Doom (like introducing him in Doctor Strange 2, before there’s a FF movie) with the threat of Galactus looming, the real Galactus not that puff cloud we got in those sorry FF films.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
True, I like the family feeling X-Men gives, it’s not FF level but it’s nice. That’s impossible with the Avengers who are usually brought together only for massive threats or Marvel events.

I couldn’t get into X-Men without reading Claremont’s runs first tbh, there’s just too many mutants nowadays that (IMO) it’d be hard to form lasting attachments to lots of characters.

I hope when the MCU introduce the mutants it’s the younger generation. Fassbender and McAvoy were perfect in their roles and there’s so many new interesting characters beyond Professor X and Magneto. Having an MCU Magneto and “enhanced” Scarlet Witch would just be weird lol.

With Thanos gone I’m curious but at the same time feel bad for whoever is casted as Doctor Doom, who I hope is the next big bad before they introduce the real heavyweights. I hope they work up Doctor Doom (like introducing him in Doctor Strange 2, before there’s a FF movie) with the threat of Galactus looming, the real Galactus not that puff cloud we got in those sorry FF films.
I dont think Doom in his normal form merits "crossover" to take down unless it's like Loki in the first Avengers. As far as the next "cycle" big bad is, Galactus may be okay, but I would probably go for something less... world endy. That's why I wanted them to do Secret Invasion (and do it better than Bendis did), but it seems like Skrulls are good guys in the MCU.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I dont think any of the theories I have seen regarding Cap lifting the hammer are all that applicable. I dont think he failed to lift the hammer out of deference to Thor, nor do I think Cap became absolved of anything after the events of Civil War. I think it is just that Cap has grown overall and has thus "become" worthy.

Also it is just fan service.

My favourite Cap moment (at this point anyway) is the elevator scene. "Hail Hydra". I love how it shows Cap has grown into a cleverer person, willing to tell a lie in order to get the job done. Also just the fact that it was such a direct call back to the Winter Soldier. My audience was loving that scene.
I read a theory that

Steve couldn't lift the hammer because he was harboring the secret of the death of Tony's parents. Once he came clean, he became worthy

Reactions: Huggy43

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Warlock is too important of a character to just drop in as a deus ex machina with no introduction. Also - I never really loved Adam Warlock the character too much outside of the Annihilation:Conquest and Abnett and Lanning's Guardians run.

They already hinted at Warlock's intro in the MCU in GOTG2.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I dont think Doom in his normal form merits "crossover" to take down unless it's like Loki in the first Avengers. As far as the next "cycle" big bad is, Galactus may be okay, but I would probably go for something less... world endy. That's why I wanted them to do Secret Invasion (and do it better than Bendis did), but it seems like Skrulls are good guys in the MCU.
I was thinking Doom could be introduced in a way similar to
Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment
before we see him as a “villain” in FF. No big crossover with him until he “helps” with Galactus.

Doom should be looked at as a potential big bad, with prep he can basically pull off anything (Emperor God Doom,) and the many times he’s stolen Galactus’ power for example.

With Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel amped to an insane rate (Binary level already?) Thor with the Odin/Thorforce, Scarlet Witch, they have to be setting up for something... Big. Bigger than Thanos. As we saw Thanos clearly getting daddied by both Scarlet Witch and CM at different times, as powerful as they are, to Galactus or Doom with the Power Cosmic it’s still no contest lol.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
I dont think Doom in his normal form merits "crossover" to take down unless it's like Loki in the first Avengers. ...
Agreed. Doom's a more powerful Iron Man, unless he augments his powers with cosmic forces or uses magic. Without one of those two buffs, the current Thor would whip him in a second. I'd rather see Doom used as an FF villain.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Either way fans will have massive expectations for Doom. Fox made a joke out of Galactus and Doom, can’t see that happening in the MCU too. GoTG somewhat teases cosmic entities where Quill steals the Power Stone, or at least shows us they’re present in the MCU...

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Either way fans will have massive expectations for Doom. Fox made a joke out of Galactus and Doom, can’t see that happening in the MCU too. GoTG somewhat teases cosmic entities where Quill steals the Power Stone, or at least shows us they’re present in the MCU...

I got a feeling that GOTG3's main bad guy will be Galactus.

Like you said, they broke the cosmic entity seal already in GOTG2

I can see something where 1st half is Guardians against Adam Warlock and the Sovereigns, then Galactus shows up and Warlock and the Guardians team up against him

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I got a feeling that GOTG3's main bad guy will be Galactus.

Like you said, they broke the cosmic entity seal already in GOTG2

I can see something where 1st half is Guardians against Adam Warlock and the Sovereigns, then Galactus shows up and Warlock and the Guardians team up against him
I don’t know why they made Ego a celestial lol, unless he just saw himself as one.
I think GoTG3 will have something to do with them searching for Gamora and the Soul Realm. Adam is a cosmic anomaly, I’m not sure which Adam we’ll get but I hope he’s similar to his comic self where he’s the keeper of the Soul Gem. Who knows what 5 years later meant for Adam, it’d be nice having Adam notice something irregular about past Gamora and break the curse of the Soul Stone. Both Natasha and Gamora should be in the Soul Realm.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don’t know why they made Ego a celestial lol, unless he just saw himself as one.
I think GoTG3 will have something to do with them searching for Gamora and the Soul Realm. Adam is a cosmic anomaly, I’m not sure which Adam we’ll get but I hope he’s similar to his comic self where he’s the keeper of the Soul Gem. Who knows what 5 years later meant for Adam, it’d be nice having Adam notice something irregular about past Gamora and break the curse of the Soul Stone. Both Natasha and Gamora should be in the Soul Realm.

While I’m sure they could make it work, the Soul Gem is technically destroyed right?

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
While I’m sure they could make it work, the Soul Gem is technically destroyed right?
Cap had to return each stone to their timeline so they wouldn’t create whole new and terrifying timelines according to the scene with the Ancient One and Banner

edit; I see what you’re asking now. Thanos destroying the stones with no effects on the Universe makes no sense seeing as they control an aspect of reality and have for billions of years, it was something I didn’t understand in IW. That’s kind of unexplained...

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I loved it 3000

Since my original showtime had its projector broken I got a midnight showing last night.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I loved it 3000

Since my original showtime had its projector broken I got a midnight showing last night.

Too soon!!

Seriously, I’m not someone who usually gets hit in the feels too often in movies, but that ending gets me man. I shouldn’t care so much about someone who isn’t real, but yet here I am..

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Too soon!!

Seriously, I’m not someone who usually gets hit in the feels too often in movies, but that ending gets me man. I shouldn’t care so much about someone who isn’t real, but yet here I am..

Same with me. And as sad as I was and how emotional I was in the theaters, it was beautifully done and it was appropriate for Tony being the one to end it as he was the who started it.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

I might have missed it in the movie but
What happened to the pre-GOTG Gamora? Did she turn to dust like the others?

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
It's a great movie. One little thing that bugs me in particular...

Ned and Peter Parker greeting each other again is a great little part in the ending montage(Ned is one of the best things about Homecoming, IMO). But uh, why is Ned still in high school? Kid has got to be 20 at this point.

Another thing is I would like to see is how people in general react to everyone coming back. Five years is quite a long time. I'm sure everyone is generally happy. But for a hypotheical example: what about the guy who lost his wife, took a couple years grieving, then found someone and gets married again? Or: How about dealing with millions of unemployed people showing up all of sudden?

I guess thinking about stuff like this is what makes me a sci-fi/space opera fan generally. :laugh:

Reactions: Kurtz

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Same with me. And as sad as I was and how emotional I was in the theaters, it was beautifully done and it was appropriate for Tony being the one to end it as he was the who started it.

Amen

Him saying "I am Iron Man" got me good. Perfect ending to the character and perfect bookend. Begin and end with the same line

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad