Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Meh some people have small bladders and can’t make it 3 hours without peeing even if they go before and haven’t drank a lot of liquids. Does it really ruin your movie experience when someone walks in front for half a second?

Yes. I feel like tripping them, even if they're kids.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Your theatres haven't converted to all recliners yet?

Couldn't trip someone even if you wanted to at any of my local theatres.

Hell no. :laugh: The national theater chain Finnkinoo seems to have only one theater with recliners in Helsinki:

Finnkino - Premium-salit

I've seen Ant-Man & The Wasp and Bumblebee in the ISENSE theater room in Turku but CM I saw in 2D in the second biggest screen at the theater with "regular" seats and plenty of leg room due picking the seat in front of the area dividing the seating areas.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Screen-Shot-2018-01-29-at-3.07.07-PM.png

This is what all my cinemas look like now. They're so nice it is almost hard to resist going to a show.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

This is what all my cinemas look like now. They're so nice it is almost hard to resist NOT going to a show.
Those chairs are more for the 3D, IMAX, and Dolby enhanced movies which ticket prices get beyond the fifteen dollar range (where I live). Dolby enhanced movies are easily the best though, holy smokes just the overall immersion is unbelievable.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Those chairs are more for the 3D, IMAX, and Dolby enhanced movies which ticket prices get beyond the fifteen dollar range (where I live). Dolby enhanced movies are easily the best though, holy smokes just the overall immersion is unbelievable.

yup, the 3D IMAX theater here in Providence has those seats now. $17 for 3D IMAX is worth every penny

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Fifteen dollars though. It's just so expensive nowadays, especially for families.
It's more than that, the Dolby ones are also 17 dollars a piece as well as the 3D IMAX @BigBadBruins7708 said above. I rarely go to the movies except ones I really like so I don't mind shelling out the money. I'm fortunate though because the hospital I work at gives me black tickets every handful or so months which reduces the ticket costs by 90%. I get your point though, it is expensive if a family of four ever wanted to watch something like Marvel or Wreck It Ralph in IMAX or Dolby, looking at 68 bucks without popcorn or refreshments.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Fifteen dollars though. It's just so expensive nowadays, especially for families.

A 3D showing CM at 17:15 would have cost me €18,40. That's the highest price I've seen. Even the 2D one cost 14 euros in a slightly smaller room. If a movie I want to see arrives at my home town's small cinema, I can get away with just 10 euros.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's more than that, the Dolby ones are also 17 dollars a piece as well as the 3D IMAX @BigBadBruins7708 said above. I rarely go to the movies except ones I really like so I don't mind shelling out the money. I'm fortunate though because the hospital I work at gives me black tickets every handful or so months which reduces the ticket costs by 90%. I get your point though, it is expensive if a family of four ever wanted to watch something like Marvel or Wreck It Ralph in IMAX or Dolby, looking at 68 bucks without popcorn or refreshments.

I know it's not specficially what you're saying but I've never understood people complaining about the price of tickets including concession stand purchases in the price. That stuff is marked up through the roof, if the tickets are already a financial burden then it should be an easy pass. Or in the case of the theater if you have to or want to have a snack it's not that hard to sneak something in.

What I'm really replying to on this family topic pricing I think it's fairly recent but has nobody heard of Cineplex's family day? $3 admission for a Saturday 11:00am screening of movies typically a few months out of circulation. That solves a lot of the pricing issue.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I know it's not specficially what you're saying but I've never understood people complaining about the price of tickets including concession stand purchases in the price. That stuff is marked up through the roof, if the tickets are already a financial burden then it should be an easy pass. Or in the case of the theater if you have to or want to have a snack it's not that hard to sneak something in.

What I'm really replying to on this family topic pricing I think it's fairly recent but has nobody heard of Cineplex's family day? $3 admission for a Saturday 11:00am screening of movies typically a few months out of circulation. That solves a lot of the pricing issue.
There's a ton of ways to get around it that's for sure. As you said, midday showings are always cheaper and you can always sneak food in because majority of the employees are 14 year old high schoolers who don't give a damn (but you can't beat fresh artificial popcorn).

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Most of the theaters in my area have a bit of everything. You can get standard with no reclining, 3D with reclining, IMAX, and then the Dolby one. And the ticket pricing will vary depending on the time of day and which experience you want. I think the only thing I don't like about modern movie theaters is the reserved seating and it kind of forces you to purchase way ahead of time in order to get the seats you want

Sep 19, 2008
Your theatres haven't converted to all recliners yet?

Couldn't trip someone even if you wanted to at any of my local theatres.

The only bad thing about Alamo is that they didn't have recliners when I saw Captain Marvel thursday. Some Alamos have recliners and this one didn't.

Most of the AMC ones around here do have recliners though. Again, people need to lean back and raise their feet up in the air while watching a movie.

This is what all my cinemas look like now. They're so nice it is almost hard to resist going to a show.

The movie theater next to the Caps arena has this. Other theaters I have seen largely have the recliners on a gradual ramp, not on such a steep slope like this.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Most of the theaters in my area have a bit of everything. You can get standard with no reclining, 3D with reclining, IMAX, and then the Dolby one. And the ticket pricing will vary depending on the time of day and which experience you want. I think the only thing I don't like about modern movie theaters is the reserved seating and it kind of forces you to purchase way ahead of time in order to get the seats you want

Reserved seating is literally the #1 reason why I even go to any movie.

Before it became standard here in the last year or two I probably went to the theatre about 3-5 times in the entire decade.

Reactions: Roman Fell

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Reserved seating is literally the #1 reason why I even go to any movie.

Before it became standard here in the last year or two I probably went to the theatre about 3-5 times in the entire decade.

same. I love being guaranteed being center of the row and in the middle height wise.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I like the reserved seating so I can show up right before and not worry about getting a bad seat. The surcharge in ticket price is worth it as I don't need to get the babysitter as early. Where I hate it is when I go to a show with the kids. I usually go to matinees with them when it's not busy (avoiding opening weekends), and occasionally get stuck paying a premium for four people, which gets a little pricey.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yup. I go to Landmark Cinemas in Vancouver & you get the recliner seats for regular movies not just 3D
They brought these seats to the Cineplex near my place in Calgary too. Used to be just Landmark but nice to see Cineplex upping their game to compete.

Reactions: Huggy43

CTC

Oct 9, 2014

I hate that bar though...you can recline or even sitting and it gets in the way of the eye line...seems unnecessary.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014

Reserved seating is so much better now a days, now there is no worrying about having to show up 2 hours before a big blockbuster to try and get good seats. It is better for theaters too since they can track what is selling out and then book more shows based on demand. Now I can buy my seat a month a head of time and show up a few minutes before and tell the people to move if I have too.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Reserved seating is so much better now a days, now there is no worrying about having to show up 2 hours before a big blockbuster to try and get good seats. It is better for theaters too since they can track what is selling out and then book more shows based on demand. Now I can buy my seat a month a head of time and show up a few minutes before and tell the people to move if I have too.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but personally I never cared where I sit in the the theaters. I liked when I went to the movies, get my tickets and then having the freedom of sitting wherever I wanted. But I will admit it does make sense for the big ticket productions like the Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad