Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
After the somewhat "tour de force" they pulled off with Infinity War (so many characters doing different things and it works), I'm actually ok with Endgame being a 3 hour long movie.

I'm more worried about what comes after.

Reactions: Voight

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
After the somewhat "tour de force" they pulled off with Infinity War (so many characters doing different things and it works), I'm actually ok with Endgame being a 3 hour long movie.

I'm more worried about what comes after.

Meh. I'm not too concerned with what happens next. It obviously can't go on forever, but we have already gotten such an incredible anthology of Marvel superhero movies that I have an impossible time actually wanting more.

If anybody told me when Iron Man came out that this was what we would get I would never believe you.

I don't believe the MCU as we know it can exist in perpetuity with new characters who are progressively less and less well known to mainstream audiences, but I wouldn't bet big money against it either .

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I still think the MCU should reboot F4 and X-men. It’ll give them what’s essentially a new version of what they’ve just done with the last 20 movies i.e. a brand new cast of characters with their own individual stories that can slowly all come together.

Imagine all the killer story lines that the MCU can handle with care if they can get their hands on them

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I still think the MCU should reboot F4 and X-men. It’ll give them what’s essentially a new version of what they’ve just done with the last 20 movies i.e. a brand new cast of characters with their own individual stories that can slowly all come together.

Imagine all the killer story lines that the MCU can handle with care if they can get their hands on them

I think that's what everyone's been saying Feige's going to do.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
True. The new characters from Fox definitely have the recognition to keep the party going.

That said, the Fantastic Four are lame....but then so was Captain America.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It’s a way better alternative than bringing in enemies stronger and stronger than Thanos IMO. Comics get real lame real fast the higher up th cosmic power ladder you get.

Small, individual movies that are well written would be way better than whatever is left of the Avengers fighting some new cosmic level god

Reactions: Voight and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think that's what everyone's been saying Feige's going to do.

The challenge with rebooting X-Men is that these are heroic level superheroes who were what, hiding, during all of the crises that came before?

Fantastic Four they could simply start now - but with X-Men and Professor X and Magneto, it's kind of hard to start fresh since they are already aged, established characters.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The challenge with rebooting X-Men is that these are heroic level superheroes who were what, hiding, during all of the crises that came before?

Fantastic Four they could simply start now - but with X-Men and Professor X and Magneto, it's kind of hard to start fresh since they are already aged, established characters.

true

they'd probably have to use the multiverse to introduce them.

In End Game they show the different universes to get the audience on board with the idea

Then in the X-Men MCU reboot, they cross from their universe into the current MCU one

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Or they simply have Charles Xavier roll up to the avengers at the end and say “ I have something to show you” and poof all the X-men show up and they play it that Charles had been blocking everyone from seeing the X-men but with the after effects of the snap Charles and the X-men decided it was time to show the world who they were as keeping themselves hidden doesn’t always guarantee their safety/survival.

You don’t need to overthink it, just give a basic reason like so and move on. Who is going to care for the reason the X-men are in the MCU,

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
true

they'd probably have to use the multiverse to introduce them.

In End Game they show the different universes to get the audience on board with the idea

Then in the X-Men MCU reboot, they cross from their universe into the current MCU one

I think that's exactly how they'd do it, probably the only interesting way. It kind of even fits well in a self-referential way with the already established Marvel Cinematic Universe being cosmically introduced to a different universe of heroes and villains. I don't know how you'd otherwise explain Charles and Eric being around and doing nothing to help prevent Thanos' snap

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They're gonna have to do something, since the MCU will basically be done except for a couple outstanding sequels.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They're gonna have to do something, since the MCU will basically be done except for a couple outstanding sequels.

No. The focus will just shift to new people and stories from the Avengers. If there's going to a be huge cross over event, it will likely be the Secret Wars.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

I was reading that using Wanda as the original mutant that does something cataclysmic like destroying an infinity stone to trigger a dormant gene in all the mutants.

Reactions: Huggy43

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
You could make Wanda’s Disney+ show a spin in a house of M & instead of “no more mutants” it’s just “mutants” & awakens the gene in a bunch of people.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I was reading that using Wanda as the original mutant that does something cataclysmic like destroying an infinity stone to trigger a dormant gene in all the mutants.
Still would mean changing a lot of things with regards to age etc. Wolverine is over 150 years old and there are older mutants than him.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Don't see MCU coming close to ending after end game.

Yes you probably lose Captain America and Iron Man but that not certain...I don't think they will both die and even if they do it is a comic book movie...a big enough payday will bring them back for a movie or two.

The roster is just too big...Spider-Man probably becomes the lead

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Of course the MCU won't come to an end... it is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cash cow.

They reacquired FF and X-Men, so that's a LOT characters to introduce to the MCU. They can have another 10-year cycle just with that. There is also more juice in Thor, Ant-Man and the Guardians. Hulk hasn't really been explored either.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Still would mean changing a lot of things with regards to age etc. Wolverine is over 150 years old and there are older mutants than him.

Well on the tv show The Gifted, which takes place in the X-Men universe, the X-Men disappeared some years ago, so maybe that is something that could be worked into introducing them into the MCU. That show apparently is something Disney wants to keep going, seem to be very pleased with it.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

it'd be a little hamfisted, and a waste of a storyline, but you could have a flashback to her saying 'no more mutants' as a kid, then bringing them back current day

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I like the fact that they borrowed from the comic for that scene

avengers-infinity-war-easter-egg-thanos-ending-1106850.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad