Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I still think it's Captain America's destiny to take the fall.

Then again, they've built him and Iron Man up as co-leaders of the Avengers so it would leave Stark feeling pretty guilty if Rogers sacrifices himself alone.

At the same time, Tony Stark is perfectly placed for cameos unlike Rogers who is really more of a soldier. Downey Jr. can appear in other people's movies as a patron or rich philanthropist and give those films instant credibility and fan service. He would make a mint just for a few minutes of screen time.

Meanwhile, I think Chris Hemsworth would want to keep the Thor train running as long as possible.

With Hulk, I'm wondering if they could just swap in a different Banner (kind of like Rhodes) if Ruffalo isn't interesting in doing it anymore.

Yeah I revised my thinking about after posting that. I was going with the idea that Nick Fury has to show up in Europe and recruit Peter Parker because he doesn't have anyone else at the moment, but wasn't thinking about the actors themselves wanting to continue their roles. So from the original cast I still think this holds true for Stark and Rogers but Thor isn't necessarily on Earth to be called, Hulk isn't reliable, and by themselves Black Widow/Hawkeye are agents, not heavy hitters.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the comics Thanos is of the race called Eternals, and I don’t think they’re extinct at all.
That's what I figure, I am sure the none deviant ones are out there somewhere as it is rumored that one of the movies in the next phase will be an Eternals movie unless it is some sort of prequel leading up to the destruction of their planet Titan.

ra8eeoexozmh3siovnwp.png

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Here's an obvious question: Why didn't Stark ever hook up Widow, Falcon, Cap, and Hawkeye with similar suits to his own?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Here's an obvious question: Why didn't Stark ever hook up Widow, Falcon, Cap, and Hawkeye with similar suits to his own?

I think it's pretty obvious why Cap would turn the offer down.

I know Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon have all demonstrated different types of advanced technology so it may in part be Stark-designed, who knows...

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think it's pretty obvious why Cap would turn the offer down.

I know Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon have all demonstrated different types of advanced technology so it may in part be Stark-designed, who knows...

They're all susceptible to bullets though, so every time there's a battle their lives are on the line

That wouldn't be the case if they were all sporting adamantium suits

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They're all susceptible to bullets though, so every time there's a battle their lives are on the line

That wouldn't be the case if they were all sporting adamantium suits
Sort of like King Pin, they likely have suits that are bullet proof.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So apparently some toys have already been released in some countries and they have some characters in Quantum suits and Valkyrie as one those characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Are you referring to the 30 second trailer?

I didn’t see anything special
I dunno... confirming that we’re spending time in a post snap world (not just solving the problem ASAP) & seeing what that would be like was something that got me pretty excited.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I thought the first trailer was a lot better, despite not really giving us any info.

Are we going to get the first real look after Captain Marvel?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I thought it was tremendous. Love the small teasers. No battle scenes. Just a few character shots.

Favourite part was Scott and Rhodey suiting up like Rhodey and Tony in Iron Man 2 final battle scene.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'd say no since Russos or Feige said the trailers will only have footage from the first 15-20 minutes of the movie.

Fair enough, didn’t realize they said that. Always just figured we had to wait until the Captain Marvel movie came out as she plays a huge part in this movie.

Guess we’re going in pretty blind. Exciting, but this is gonna be a long couple months haha

Sep 19, 2008

I'm on a PC again (was typing on a phone last night) but the point is even if it didn't show any action the mere fact of the remaining Avengers suiting up for battle, and the mere look at what happened post-snap with empty NYC and empty Citi Field...that in itself was well worth it. They obviously aren't going to show much because there's a lot in the movie and all the snapped people can't be shown but these guys and girls are out there getting dressed and getting ready "We got to save the EARTH" man that in itself was worth the 15 or however short the spot was. So yes, it was damn worth it.

Sep 19, 2008

the YT comment section is basically all meme. "Not us" meme :laugh:

I thought the first trailer was a lot better, despite not really giving us any info.

Are we going to get the first real look after Captain Marvel?

It's very difficult to get a "first real look" at Avengers Endgame because too much would be spoiled if you had a trailer like a normal movie. As Jussi said maybe all trailers are from the first 15 to 20 minutes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Damn the Russo's are currently test screening a 3-hr version of Endgame that is doing well with audiences supposedly

Speaking with Collider, Joe Russo revealed Endgame’s three-hour runtime is “testing great” with audiences.
We’re still at the three-hour mark.
I think the studio is down with what the best story is. Right now, we think the movie is playing well and we’ve had great responses from our test audiences and we’re feeling very good about where it is. We’re still doing work to it. We’re not done with it. Again, this is a culmination film of 22 movies, it’s a lot of storytelling to work into it. Emotion is an intrinsic part of that to us. When you have to tell a really complicated story and you want strong emotional moments with the characters, it just requires a certain amount of real estate. This one, in particular, feels like three hours worth of real estate.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad