Auston Matthews Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
That's smart by you, a ounce of prevention's worth a pound of cure! I wasn't smart enough to see trouble coming, but having a serious health scare was exactly what I needed to get myself sorted out. I worked on the road so I ate allot of crap, drank way too much, generally didn't take care of myself. I guess when I was young I could get away with that, but it caught up with me. I've since retired and although I never got fat, I'm in better shape then when I was in my thirties, workout like a fiend, do saunas daily, currently into Wim Hoff's cold therapy/breathing methods.

I don't think any one diet is good for everyone, but for me Keto is a great diet, I don't even have cheat days, my wife can bake up some pretty great Keto baked good when I need something sweet. If anyone has blood sugar issues I highly suggest you look up Dr. Jason Fung on Utube, he's a Toronto doctor who's reversing Type 2 diabetes is people who've been on insulin all their lives simply by removing carbs from their diet and intermittent fasting.
Ive been intermittent fasting for about 4 years. I eat a fair amount for dinner and although I eat anything I want, I have always eaten cleanly. Best thing I ever did. Im in my mid 50s and now have a 31 waste to go with my 44 jacket. No off the rack suits anymore but dropping below 200 lbs really helped my plantars fasciitis. Also...no need to calories count. I try to eat more at dinner to comfortably sustain myself for the next day. The digestive system is meant to run all day. 200 years ago, people were lucky to eat once in 2 days rather that 5 or 6 times a day.
George st pierre is an intermittent faster and he now swears by it as an athlete

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ive been intermittent fasting for about 4 years. I eat a fair amount for dinner and although I eat anything I want, I have always eaten cleanly. Best thing I ever did. Im in my mid 50s and now have a 31 waste to go with my 44 jacket. No off the rack suits anymore but dropping below 200 lbs really helped my plantars fasciitis. Also...no need to calories count. I try to eat more at dinner to comfortably sustain myself for the next day. The digestive system is meant to run all day. 200 years ago, people were lucky to eat once in 2 days rather that 5 or 6 times a day.
George st pierre is an intermittent faster and he now swears by it as an athlete
Good to know others are into alternative ways to improve there health, I too eat one meal a day, intermittent fasting is the original human diet and is both easy cheap and convenient. With the internet, you can easily learn 100% more in a day than the average doctor was taught or knows about diet, amazing results can be had when you ignore current dietary guides and the medical communities opinions on diet, food pyramids, and eating schedules. It's all been tainted by big business and big pharma, and idiotic advice.

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Good to know others are into alternative ways to improve there health, I too eat one meal a day, intermittent fasting is the original human diet and is both easy cheap and convenient. With the internet, you can easily learn 100% more in a day more than the average doctor was taught or knows about diet, amazing results can be had when you ignore current dietary guides and the medical communities opinions on diet, food pyramids, and eating schedules. It's all been tainted by big business and big pharma, and idiotic advice.
People got fat after guidlines were established. Its pretty easy to look healthy if you eat multiple meals and have an active excercise regiment but there are all kinds of associated digestive issues including collitis and gall bladder issues that people suffer from.

horner

May 22, 2007
Sundin wasn't all that aggressive in starting trouble but he more than held his own and took up a ton of space just knowing when to drop the shoulder or pop out the hip.

Imagine how much greater he would have been if he did.

I don't mean running players through the boards.

Creating space for yourself.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Feel free to tag any fan who still defends Matthews.

The hype didn't come from no where. I came across this clip and I want you all to watch it.

Done? Ok tell me when the last time you saw Matthews battle for a puck like that? When was the last time he protected the puck with his body like he does here several times. When was the last time he went INTO traffic for the puck?

This guy still can be one of the best players in the league, but something is wrong. He should be a much better player than he has been this year. We can find clips like this all day long of him just being impossible to stop. Now he won't put in any effort.

He either hates the coach or is having personal issues. No excuse for less than that type of effort after getting paid or actually without getting paid.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I never said the team isn't soft. I said we didn't lose because of that soft playstyle. We lost because we had a historically bad penalty kill. It's not debatable.
Love the comment not debatable. Of course it is. Leafs will lose every game 7 to the Bruins because they are bigger, badder and want it more. Fo watch the last 10 minutes of game 7 from 2013. Nothing has changed. Leafs choked in games 6 and 7 last season because they were scared of the moment. In those moments, tough, veteran teams like the Bruins just take over against young, soft teams like the Leafs.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Mathews has 12 goals in 17 games, which is a pace of 55 goals and people are asking what's wrong with him? The answer is nothing.
12 goals in 17 games is impressive, but we all know he's capable of so much more.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I always find it odd how Matthews is on pace to lead the team in goals and potentially points, and there's all this negativity around here concerning him... And yet, Tavares has done much of anything this season, but not even a whisper about him.

I don't think I'll ever understand the love that Tavares gets.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I always find it odd how Matthews is on pace to lead the team in goals and potentially points, and there's all this negativity around here concerning him... And yet, Tavares has done much of anything this season, but not even a whisper about him.

We're stuck with him for longer and he has an NMC, that's going to be a long 6 years if people turn on him already.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019

You must’ve missed the post game thread the other night where I was bashing him for doing absolutely nothing. He looks like a ghost.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
MATTHEWS JOINS RARE TORONTO COMPANY AS BABCOCK EARNS 700TH WIN
Maple Leafs forward Auston Matthews tallied his 13th goal of the season (13-6—19 in 17 GP), including a League-leading 12 which have been scored on home ice (12-5—17 in 11 GP). He became the fifth different player in franchise history to score 12 or more goals through the team’s first 11 home games in a season and just the second in the NHL’s modern era (since 1943-44).

MatthewsHome_Media-08014118.png

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
On pace for 96 points?

Thats not bad but we paid for about 110pts and 50+ goals. If Matthews hits that and has a good PO I am ok with it. I am also ok with 96pts if he plays a 200ft game. I mean I say that but the money should be less regardless considering how lazy he has looked this season.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013

In addition to the other responses I would like to add, that for me anyways, it also comes down to potential. Matthews has the talent to be one of the most dominant players in the league, not just someone who puts the puck in the back of the net, but someone who takes games over in all facets of it. We saw a little bit of that last night where he simply took over. He can be a lot more than a guy you don't notice all night who then pops in a goal, and frankly the Leafs need him to be.

With all due respect to Tavares he doesn't that same ability and I don't expect him to. Talking the elite of the elite in the NHL where Matthews can be.

Tavares has been God awful though...

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia

I really think that a lot of it is just that people made up their minds that Tavares is a hometown kid that chose to come here to play and Matthews is a spoiled American that got as much as he could and will jet as soon as his contract is done.

Reactions: Lycan

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It's mind boggling to see it unfolding tbh. He's done a 180 regarding effort all game. His first year it wasn't as bad as it's become.

You have to wonder, at some point, you can only blame the coach so long even if you don't get along. I'm thinking it's his fitness and lifestyle. His endurance for high level play all game and for all 82+ playoffs needs major work.

I can't really defend it much longer even though he's putting up goals and racking up assists.

I'm confident he'll get much better in that aspect by next year. Problem is team needs that play like yesterday, so he has to make changes, along with some others.
I call it yh Babcock effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad