Auston Matthews Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Another Game where he looks miles off of being a generational Super Star.
So far this Season he's had far too many games where he goes missing for the majority of play, and no sign of his supposed two way play.

I think his overall game has regressed since his first 2 seasons. He used to dominate opposition with his all around game. This Year he'll score a Goal every other game but doesn't do much else for a supposed franchise Center.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Another Game where he looks miles off of being a generational Super Star.
So far this Season he's had far too many games where he goes missing for the majority of play, and no sign of his supposed two way play.

I think his overall game has regressed since his first 2 seasons. He used to dominate opposition with his all around game. This Year he'll score a Goal every other game but doesn't do much else for a supposed franchise Center.
What? He had a BIG game a few nights ago, so we can expect him to coast for the next week or two.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
His compete level is noticeably down from his rookie season, but some of y'all are melodramatic. The entire team has tuned the coach out, the only guy who's definitely outplayed Matthews is Mikheyev.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
11.634 AAV; 3rd highest in the league; would be nice if it translated on ice.

we waiting; anytime now would be nice........

P.S. at least his line wasn't on the ice for a goal against;

oh no wait a minute Nylander's super defensive play made it so difficult on the flyers

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Draisaitl > Matthews
I've been holding off on saying it but yeah.....it definitely looks like that right now. Matthews just isn't a very big factor if he isn't scoring the puck.

He has a lot to work on, one of it is putting in consistent effort/aggression. If he plays like he's 6'3 he could be a dominant force night in and night out

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This season is a wake up call for not only Mtthews but all the so called super stars on this team, if they can not win against the tough rivals then what's the point of how great they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad