Auston Matthews Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I love Matthews, he has so much potential. I just wish he'd use his size. He dosen't even have to crash and bang every chance, but just be like Sundin and he'd be good. Im just so tired of these fly by stick checks. ENGAGE DAMMIT!
This is fair and about as far as criticism can go on Matthews. He absolutely needs to do this. Very true

Reactions: CincoHolio

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
2 years for me.

I do it for disease prevention as i don't have any specific health issues.

:soap:
That's smart by you, a ounce of prevention's worth a pound of cure! I wasn't smart enough to see trouble coming, but having a serious health scare was exactly what I needed to get myself sorted out. I worked on the road so I ate allot of crap, drank way too much, generally didn't take care of myself. I guess when I was young I could get away with that, but it caught up with me. I've since retired and although I never got fat, I'm in better shape then when I was in my thirties, workout like a fiend, do saunas daily, currently into Wim Hoff's cold therapy/breathing methods.

I don't think any one diet is good for everyone, but for me Keto is a great diet, I don't even have cheat days, my wife can bake up some pretty great Keto baked good when I need something sweet. If anyone has blood sugar issues I highly suggest you look up Dr. Jason Fung on Utube, he's a Toronto doctor who's reversing Type 2 diabetes is people who've been on insulin all their lives simply by removing carbs from their diet and intermittent fasting.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
This is fair and about as far as criticism can go on Matthews. He absolutely needs to do this. Very true

Currently Matthews is credited with 5 hits on the year. I feel like he gives us tiny glimpses of a crash and bang style. He actually hit someone hard earlier this year. I wish Babcock would show him game tape of Malkin and have him mold his game after him. At this point I think it's too late to see any change. He is who he is.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Currently Matthews is credited with 5 hits on the year. I feel like he gives us tiny glimpses of a crash and bang style. He actually hit someone hard earlier this year. I wish Babcock would show him game tape of Malkin and have him mold his game after him. At this point I think it's too late to see any change. He is who he is.
Yep, is what he is! Rocket Richard trophy potential and #1 Center.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
When he gets a little mad he plays better, Hard and stronger on the puck, and more determined.

Hopefully he can start to learn to do that more often.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Matthews!!!
d5AoKxD.gif

Reactions: Volcanologist

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
top 30 player for sure. Right in that 20-30 range with Eichel, Monahan, Taylor Hall and a few others. Making a case for top 20

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

Just be thankful that Toronto didn't have to live through having Lemieux and Jagr. Two guys as big as Matthews, on the same team, who never hit anyone ever.

Reactions: smitty10

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews is Kovalev 2.0 right now

Mind-blowing talent that he puts on display here and there but he just nonchalantly coasts through 90% of his playing time.

Reactions: rumman

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Matthews is Kovalev 2.0 right now

Mind-blowing talent that he puts on display here and there but he just nonchalantly coasts through 90% of his playing time.
It's mind boggling to see it unfolding tbh. He's done a 180 regarding effort all game. His first year it wasn't as bad as it's become.

You have to wonder, at some point, you can only blame the coach so long even if you don't get along. I'm thinking it's his fitness and lifestyle. His endurance for high level play all game and for all 82+ playoffs needs major work.

I can't really defend it much longer even though he's putting up goals and racking up assists.

I'm confident he'll get much better in that aspect by next year. Problem is team needs that play like yesterday, so he has to make changes, along with some others.

Reactions: IPS

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I find it so hard to understand how the Leafs have one of the most elite goalscorers in the game and all we do is try to pick apart what he doesn't do. He got paid to score. Which he does routinely. In fact, since he entered the league there have been almost none better. Just enjoy who he is and what he brings instead of wishing he was Clark 2.0. These subjective takes on his character like you know him as a friend. Watch his reaction tonight as he quickly skated over to Freddie after the game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It's mind boggling to see it unfolding tbh. He's done a 180 regarding effort all game. His first year it wasn't as bad as it's become.

You have to wonder, at some point, you can only blame the coach so long even if you don't get along. I'm thinking it's his fitness and lifestyle. His endurance for high level play all game and for all 82+ playoffs needs major work.

I can't really defend it much longer even though he's putting up goals and racking up assists.

I'm confident he'll get much better in that aspect by next year. Problem is team needs that play like yesterday, so he has to make changes, along with some others.

All valid concerns man. My final judgement is being reserved until I see him under another coach.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I do fully agree that Matthews game can use improvement this season but...

the vitriol in this thread is pretty off putting. This fanbase spent like half a decade trying to pretend that Bozak was a true 1C (no offense Bozie!), and now we're finding reasons to be angry at a centre literally on pace for 60+ goals this season

:help:
There is only one player in the league who I would be ok with in a trade involving Matthews or Marner. Maybe Im a homer but these are our boys and they would kill us on another team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad