Auston Matthews Proving Me Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Do people actually believe Matthews is better than McDavid?

Hes a great talent, but let’s not kid ourselves.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
One thing I don’t get though (for those who don’t know I just made a post praising Matthews so don’t think this is all I’m saying)

Why are People in here saying “he’s proving and going to prove people wrongz”

Who exactly said Matthews wasn’t going to do the stuff he’s doing? I’m honestly curious? Like quotes or Lines what hve people said.

I said he’d win the rocket likely and finish top ten in selke discussion.

We get a lot of disparaging comments @TheJackAttack and a long list of people he will never be "nearly as good as'.

Really it's a bit too early to make any bold claims but lots of players break out year 3 so this could be a hard year for non Leaf HFers. I mean, most Sabre fans think you have 2 players better than him and with higher ceilings right?

I think that is what they mean. I guess the hope is our boy becomes undisputed #2 and until he makes it undebatable there will b a lot of rival fans to prove wrong, which of course may never happen.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I made an argument in a different thread and now humbly i have to say i was wrong,
Matthews has already 7 goals, 10 points this season, ill leave it that thing to that :) .

I might not be a Leafs fan but Matthews is growing into me
- i still hold my ground on that, that you guys will not make it in the play-offs this season,
you guys just do not play good enough, your 3 star players and PP is giving you wins,
that won't last the entire season, you have been out shot in every single game,
your D and goaltending is just not good enough

PS. I'm not wrong often,but when i am, i'm happy to admit it.
They out shot Ottawa and Chicago...

What are you even talking about.

Maybe look up stats before making ridiculous claims to fit your narrative.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I made an argument in a different thread and now humbly i have to say i was wrong,
Matthews has already 7 goals, 10 points this season, ill leave it that thing to that :) .

I might not be a Leafs fan but Matthews is growing into me
- i still hold my ground on that, that you guys will not make it in the play-offs this season,
you guys just do not play good enough, your 3 star players and PP is giving you wins,
that won't last the entire season, you have been out shot in every single game,
your D and goaltending is just not good enough

PS. I'm not wrong often,but when i am, i'm happy to admit it.

Are you sure your not a leaf fan georgeLEAFER? Are you totally sure?

Reactions: Dache

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
They out shot Ottawa and Chicago...

What are you even talking about.

Maybe look up stats before making ridiculous claims to fit your narrative.

When you are getting out shot 70% of the game, last period+OT's shot counts changes the box score reading a bit.
In 1st and 2nd periods they have been out shot.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
We get a lot of disparaging comments @TheJackAttack and a long list of people he will never be "nearly as good as'.

Really it's a bit too early to make any bold claims but lots of players break out year 3 so this could be a hard year for non Leaf HFers. I mean, most Sabre fans think you have 2 players better than him and with higher ceilings right?

I think that is what they mean. I guess the hope is our boy becomes undisputed #2 and until he makes it undebatable there will b a lot of rival fans to prove wrong, which of course may never happen.

No...this is fake news.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Matthews is an awesome player, it's good that a guy like that finally ended up in Toronto
7 goals already!

That being said, there are probably enough threads about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad