Speculation: Auston Matthews goal/points total 2018-2019 season

How many goals/points 2018-2019

• Total voters

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
If he keeps up this scoring Matthews will be the $12 million dollar man. Oh and Marner will be be a $10 million guy. Good luck with that cap Dubas.

Unless Marner scores more than 100 points this year he ain't getting more than f***in Kucherov lmfao.

Honestly, think for a second, don't let idiots like Kyper poison your mind with their lunacy. There's 0 chances Marner gets 10 mil, he won't get 9 mil either.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Not a fan of how the points are being earned. Look like a bunch of point hounds out there just trying to stack personal stats while not even bothering to play structured at all. Whatever, what a joke. Obviously Matthews is awesome regardless but this should not be happening.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Matthews 5 goals 3 assists and 8 points after 3 games is outstanding.

Looks like Auston is seeking the McDavid contract based on this performance so far.

Could Matthews become the highest paid player in the game after this year?

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Not a fan of how the points are being earned. Look like a bunch of point hounds out there just trying to stack personal stats while not even bothering to play structured at all. Whatever, what a joke. Obviously Matthews is awesome regardless but this should not be happening.

Y'all need to chill out man.

The goaltending was worse than the structure this weekend. Even Babs said, once they started playing well they really played well.......but the other team kept scoring.

Shit happened.

Also, JT, Marner, Matthews have all been playing honest hockey. To assume they're cheating for points is lunacy that makes me question what games you are watching.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017

Looks like Auston is seeking the McDavid contract based on this performance so far.

No, he can't. Next question?

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Seriously you two, how about letting Leafs fans enjoy themselves for a little bit instead of boosting these dumb takes that we expect to hear from idiots like Kyper and Doug Maclean, not hear from educated fans like you guys who know better than to buy into these spicy hot takes.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

he could but according to Dubas he and Marner have already promised to give the team big discounts like Willie has to make "it fit"

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I thought Awesome could over take McDavid in another 2 or 3 years. I'm now thinking it's possible this season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
he could but according to Dubas he and Marner have already promised to give the team big discounts like Willie has to make "it fit"

Dubas probably was a sunshine salesman in a previous life. Everything is always rosy with him :wg:

If Matthews tops 50 goals which is looking very promising baring injury then he we will have a strong case for asking for the McDavid deal.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yes, there is never enough threads about the most stacked and richest Canadian team in NHL.

oh i am a die-hard leafs fan BUT

the peg is more stacked then us. but thats ok, them and Tbay are the only teams "on paper" that look better then us.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
I never thought Id be saying this but I think its a lock that Matthews scores 100+ pts if he stays healthy. 50 goals? Yes. Hes already 10% there and its been only 3 games and hes only averaged 16-17 minutes of ice time.

Mar 26, 2010
Thats not possible, according to the Laine clan only he can improve because he is only 20. Mathews can't improve because he is older than Laine by 7 months!!!!

BTW where is TWS I need to correct him on who the best player is from the 2016 draft and it's not Patrick Laine!!!!!
100% true.

No disrespect to Laine, but he is no where near a Matthews.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Insider Trading: Will Matthews be in the $12.5 million range?

TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun have the latest on what Auston Matthews' salary range will likely look like, William Nylander and the Maple Leafs digging in during contract negotiations, the Capitals saying Tom Wilson will appeal his 20-game suspension, why there was no discipline for Brad Marchand and much more.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-will-matthews-be-in-the-12-5-million-range~1506619

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
After the injuries last season, and a lackluster playoffs, I was thinking we might see a “status quo” season, about the same as last year. So far though, that doesn’t seem to be the case at all. Matthews looks amazing out there - stronger, faster and more confident than ever before. He’s playing at a truly elite level right now, totally dominant.

I voted 40-49 goals, 80-99 points. If he stays healthy, this feels like a safe bet. But 50+ goals is totally possible too, maybe even 100+ points. Injuries are a big wildcard though, they really derailed his season last year, hopefully that’s not the case again.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
60+ 50 = 110

as long as he continues to get prime PP minutes. if that stops, then he won't get there.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Insider Trading: Will Matthews be in the $12.5 million range?

TSN Hockey Insiders Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger and Pierre LeBrun have the latest on what Auston Matthews' salary range will likely look like, William Nylander and the Maple Leafs digging in during contract negotiations, the Capitals saying Tom Wilson will appeal his 20-game suspension, why there was no discipline for Brad Marchand and much more.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-will-matthews-be-in-the-12-5-million-range~1506619

good thing we have Mess to help the Toronto media try to ruin our enjoyment of this season by talking about future salaries instead.

Reactions: stickty111

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Voted 40-49 & 80-89 but they way he is playing is blowing my mind. For sure things will tighten up out there, but I still think he is scratching the surface of how good he can be

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017

The Hawks scored 6 so the Leafs should not try and score 7 because it's stats padding? Always someone to spoil the fun! Since the Leafs have not played structured hockey since Jesus was a baby I'll take the barn burners where Leafs can outscore any team and win the games. They are a lot more exciting and fun to watch, that's my kind of hockey. GO LEAFS GO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad