Austin Watson Suspension reduced from 27 to 18 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm sorry, are people actually trying to make the claim that the Watson and Voynov situations are equivalent??

Not enough facepalm in the whole internet

Reactions: Alicat

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Don’t see why, the two suspensions have nothing at all in common.

Imo while wilson hit is bad and deserves suspension is it worse then domestic violence? That's my point. Wilson should be suspened but its sending a bad look if he stays more then Watson. Put wilson at 17 games

Reactions: dukeofjive

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
League did overreact to it. Drunken couple did argue and by all accounts what Wilson really did wasn't even worth fine or slap to wrist. Losing 1/3 worth of his salary because something so minor is simply wrong. Meetoo and leffist mob are really dangerous.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kind of a non-story IMO. NHLPA doing its job ensuring that punishments meet within the league's own guidelines, and the arbitrator doing his job being a completely objective third party.

Anyone arguing against stuff like this is essentially saying that if you commit a crime or break a rule, there is no such thing as unfair punishment. But I don't think anyone really thinks that.

Reactions: PredsV82

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Imo while wilson hit is bad and deserves suspension is it worse then domestic violence? That's my point. Wilson should be suspened but its sending a bad look if he stays more then Watson. Put wilson at 17 games
Why do you people not understand a simple concept like recent suspension history?

Honestly? Is there a learning impairment? If so, I apologize

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Witkowski was suspended 10 games for attempting to re-enter the ice after an altercation. Wilson was suspended 3 games for an illegal hit to the head that broke another player’s jaw.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
legit read that title as Tom Wilson and tried to figure out how he went from 27 to 20 games

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Witkowski was suspended 10 games for attempting to re-enter the ice after an altercation. Wilson was suspended 3 games for an illegal hit to the head that broke another player’s jaw.
Yeah but it was 3 playoff games, so the equivalent of 78 billion regular season games.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Did his no contest plea in the court of law have any bearing on the reduction in suspension?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The league clearly hasn't been paying attention to the news lately. Entertainers and athletes don't get away with this sort of behavior. Only presidents and judges.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Then they should have suspended him 18 games in the first place. Reducing the suspension (by any amount) only sends the message that the league doesn't consider abuse and violence to that big of a deal.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Then they should have suspended him 18 games in the first place. Reducing the suspension (by any amount) only sends the message that the league doesn't consider abuse and violence to that big of a deal.

The suspension reduction was by the CBA independent arbitrator, not the NHL. For all we know the NHL could have suspended Watson for 18 games and the arbitrator would have dropped it to 12.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad