Austin Watson Suspension reduced from 27 to 18 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
you would have to think now that tom wilson likely would get his suspension reduced since its gonna be hard to argue why he gets suspended more then a guy with domestic violence

Reactions: Spazkat

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Interesting. Re reading some articles about the case. There was very minimal abuse present at the time(red chest, being pushed). Also had a bleeding knee but that may or may no be related. Seems the arbitrator agrees.

BUT I feel like more was going behind the scenes to warrant such a suspension in the first place and the case. But seems Watson's wife doesn't want him to get into anymore trouble.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I think in these political times they should have just kept the original suspension instead of bringing more attention to yet another case of a woman being abused by a man, and now, getting a lighter sentence.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I think in these political times they should have just kept the original suspension instead of bringing more attention to yet another case of a woman being abused by a man, and now, getting a lighter sentence.

That's the reason the player has the right to an independent arbiter.... so they wont be punished based on the politics of the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad