ATD Chat Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Been a solid game. Pens have been playing with 4 D since the late 1st. Their top pair, Dumo-Letang both got hurt. Dumo was rocked by a borderline but I think clean hit by Simmonds. Letang was hurt in the melee that followed.

Sid with a goal and a helper. Continues to dominate Philly.

Viewing isn't the greatest outdoors but I've heard that from many people who've gone previously. Still it's another check mark on the sporting event to do list.

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Playing outdoors is awesome. Players under 13 who live in the north should play all their games outside.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I just saw one of the best Toronto-Montreal games in years. It's the best rivalry. It was like a playoff game.

Trailing 1-3 in the third, Marleau made an unexpected pass to a surging Ennis for a goal, then a bit later Marleau used the boards to bank a shot into the offensive zone past the dman and set up the tying goal. It ended up essentially a 4-3 final, given the empty netter and awarded automatic goal skews perception of the competitiveness of the match.

Reactions: tinyzombies

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just saw one of the best Toronto-Montreal games in years. It's the best rivalry. It was like a playoff game.

Trailing 1-3 in the third, Marleau made an unexpected pass to a surging Ennis for a goal, then a bit later Marleau used the boards to bank a shot into the offensive zone past the dman and set up the tying goal. It ended up essentially a 4-3 final, given the empty netter and awarded automatic goal skews perception of the competitiveness of the match.

Montreal’s defense had been playing better

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Internet is far a lot faster these days, being able to stream 4K would've been nearly impossible in 2010

TV in general is much better than it was even 10 years ago. And streaming services are the main reason why.

Like go back and watch (for example) Battlestar Gallactica - when the show is good, it's so good, but there's just so much "filler" content, as bloated 25 episode seasons with lame standalone episodes were just what was required back then. (I'm a big fan of sci fi, which is why I picked this example, but I feel it applies across genres).

Maybe we should continue this in the chat thread?

Reactions: seventieslord

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
TV in general is much better than it was even 10 years ago. And streaming services are the main reason why.

Like go back and watch (for example) Battlestar Gallactica - when the show is good, it's so good, but there's just so much "filler" content, as bloated 25 episode seasons with lame standalone episodes were just what was required back then. (I'm a big fan of sci fi, which is why I picked this example, but I feel it applies across genres).

Maybe we should continue this in the chat thread?

What about Star Trek TNG? From season 3 to 7 there were fillers but even most of those were good.

Is there any TV series that topped TNG? I don't think so, but I stopped watching TV a few years ago.

Granted I'm also huge on sci-fi, my favorite movie was 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad