1.Babe Ruth+ (22)206L
2.Ted Williams+ (19)190L
3.Barry Bonds (22)182L
4.Lou Gehrig+ (17)179L
5.Rogers Hornsby+ (23)175R
Mike Trout (8, 26)175R
7.Mickey Mantle+ (18)172B
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Agreed. My problem is that I want to make a team that would work in real life. You can have all the great sluggers (see above), but if you don't have pitching and defense it won't work. If someone made an ATD team and took the best offensive player in every round, their team would be bad. I need to find GMs with similar values.

I dunno - if you got the Babe and Gehrig and had a decent starting staff, then you'd have to look at head-to-head performances I guess. I'm sure there are grey areas. Pitching generally trumps, but when you get the best ever vs best ever that might level out some.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Lemieux is ranked 12th all time behind Sawchuk by The Hockey Fanatic presents the Top 100 NHL Players of All-Time – 2015 edition. :eek: Top 100 NHL Players of All-Time – TheHockeyFanatic

90s-present players are the best ever, because before the 90s there were no international players such as Mikita. ;)

I think you'll get a strong argument against here. Oh wait - you are being sarcastic.

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
1.Babe Ruth+ (22)206L
2.Ted Williams+ (19)190L
3.Barry Bonds (22)182L
4.Lou Gehrig+ (17)179L
5.Rogers Hornsby+ (23)175R
Mike Trout (8, 26)175R
7.Mickey Mantle+ (18)172B
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Agreed. My problem is that I want to make a team that would work in real life. You can have all the great sluggers (see above), but if you don't have pitching and defense it won't work. If someone made an ATD team and took the best offensive player in every round, their team would be bad. I need to find GMs with similar values.

"Babe vs. Big Train: In 107 at bats, Babe hit .280 with 8 doubles, 2 triples and 7 home runs. He walked 19 times giving Babe an on base percentage of .389, and Ole Walter punched him out 25 times. Not bad, but let’s take a closer look. Babe hit .342 lifetime but Johnson held him 62 points under his lifetime mark. In his career, his home run to at bat ratio was 1 homer in every 11.76 at bats; against Johnson he hit a homer in every 15.29 at bats. Babe whiffed 1 in every 6.43 at bats but when he faced the Big Train, he went down swinging once every 4.28 at bats. Babe’s numbers against Johnson were pretty damn good however, in essence, the Big Train reduced the Sultan of Swat to a mere mortal.

However, there is a flip side. Throughout Johnson’s career, opponents hit .222 against him. He surrendered a total of, ready for this, 97 home runs. THAT’S IT!! That translates to a home run every 227.2 batters! The on base percentage of opposing batters throughout Johnson’s career was .281. So, if you consider that Babe took him deep once every 15.29 at bats and hit him at a .280 clip and got on base 39% of the time then one could conclude that Babe reduced the great Big Train Walter Johnson to a mere mortal as well."

Elsewhere, it says Johnson threw about 91 mph. Like in ATD hockey where you get to upgrade on size over time, I suppose 91 mph back then translates to over 100 mph nowadays? But then you take the spitter away?

WHEN THE GREATS FACED THE GREATS…..

tumblr_mfiti5b2GN1r1a5mio1_500.jpg

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You'd make a wonderful Baseball ATD GM. You can join me or have your own team, but speaking as the Commish I hope you join us next year.

Reactions: tinyzombies

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Definitely would like to try. I have other people who might be interested as well. We used to play in Statis-Pro leagues back in the day lol.
Cool! I'll add you to the list, your friends are welcome, and I'm gonna make sure it ends before the Hockey ATD starts next year.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

I did a speed test to see if I'll be able to pick fast enough. ;)

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Is it as sophisticated as ATD hockey? These guys have dug deep. Baseball probably has way more statistical resources though.
1. L Joe Morgan - 132 OPS+, 689 SBs
2. L Rod Carew - 131 OPS+, 353 SBs
3. S Carlos Beltran - 119 OPS+, 312 SBs
4. L Mel Ott - 155 OPS+
5. L Eddie Mathews - 143 OPS+
6. Robin Yount - 115 OPS+
7. L Carl Yastrzemski - 130 OPS+
8. Gary Carter - 115 OPS+
--------------------------------
Average OPS+ 130

Pinch Hitter 1. L 1B/LF Rafael Palmeiro - 132 OPS+, 3 GGs
2. 3B Ron Santo - 125 OPS+, 5 GGs
3. C Carlton Fisk - 117 OPS+, GG
4. L 2B Lou Whitaker - 117 OPS+, 3 GGs
5. SS/3B Luke Appling - 113 OPS+

No, it's not not nearly as sophisticated. Although they have all the stats available, they just vote on hitting and peak. One GM told me my lineup was way too weak. I'll post it and my bench above. If they were right about hitting being the only thing that matters, the 2017 Astros would not have won the WS. That's the type of team I make. I like to draft good all around players and teams that include pitching, defense, speed, longevity, and durability. I pay the price in the playoffs, but it's worth it and maybe we can change the mindset. Reality and truth is more important to me than the playoffs.

Last edited:

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
A friend asked me why I'm doing the ATD again and I wrote

"I thought about it and realized that I love hockey history which brought me here in the first place, the GMs are old friends who have spent years deeply researching North American and European hockey history (including old newspapers) more than any other website, we have entire threads devoted to research. and that any unhappiness I had in the past was internal or self caused."

Reactions: seventieslord

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Definitely would like to try. I have other people who might be interested as well. We used to play in Statis-Pro leagues back in the day lol.

It was a lot better when Pwnasaurus ran it, its not terrible now but a lot less teams so every single team is stupid stacked.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Vegas odds of TZ going farther than BB & JE are 9/8 after the "Mario Trades". ;)

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I saw the Big 4 live. The 70s were fun. Less teams meant more good players per team, there were lots of fights, and Les Habitants were awesome. The H on the jerseys stands for hockey, not Habs. BB would have been in heaven. ;)

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I saw the Big 4 live. The 70s were fun. Less teams meant more good players per team, there were lots of fights, and Les Habitants were awesome. The H on the jerseys stands for hockey, not Habs. BB would have been in heaven. ;)

I started going to Habs games in Feb 1978. Habs beat the Pens 13-0 and a Pen took a period ending longshot to his bare skull at center ice. A large pool of blood spread over the logo.

Reactions: Wrigley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig