ATD Chat Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Haha fantastic. Expansion era Pens. Yeeesh. :laugh:

12-0. They weren't as bad that year though - lost to Buffalo first round. Helmetless Pen got nailed in the head at center ice as period was ending by a stupid longshot- pool of blood over Habs logo. Got a Bunny Larocque game, which I remember being upset about. Sat behind teh Habs' bench because my mother worked with a Shriner and he gave her tickets. Three months later they win the 4th Cup.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I started watching before that because my first memory is Dupont with blood running down his face just before commercial break. Must have been against the Leafs because I was in TOronto at the tiem.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Information Disclosure Alert

Quietly and without fanfare, the Obscenity Filters have been changed.

Now, in the full George Carlin spirit, I'll give some examples:

WordBeforeAfter
(rhymes with 'duck')****f***
(rhymes with 'bunt')****:eek::eek::eek::eek:
(mentally-challenged)********Pejorative Slured
(rhymes with 'jag') ***Homophobic Slur
(precedes 'Sapiens')****(It goes through, but I won't type it.)
(sphincter-terminus)*******(now allowed!)
(Abbreviation of Barnyard Chant)**(also allowed!)
(LP version of Barnyard Chant)bull****(this one, too!!)
(rhymes with 'witch')*****(and one more for the road!!!)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Looks like more expression will be allowed. Good.

Reactions: The Macho Man

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Guess who in the game today has twice led the NHL in scoring in the Stanley Cup playoffs, leading all forwards in minutes played, goals scored, and game winners to the championship; the other time leading all in the NHL in playoff assists and points but in a losing cause. He twice led the NHL in regular season +/-. And hint: the 13+ year veteran has NEVER been an ATD or MLD pick! (He is in the shadow of a Canadian.)

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Guess who in the game today has twice led the NHL in scoring in the Stanley Cup playoffs, leading all forwards in minutes played, goals scored, and game winners to the championship; the other time leading all in the NHL in playoff assists and points but in a losing cause. He twice led the NHL in regular season +/-. And hint: the 13+ year veteran has NEVER been an ATD or MLD pick! (He is in the shadow of a Canadian.)
He will this time. His health is a big issue though, and he doesn't bring much defensively (although he is responsible).

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
He's been picked in the MLD.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
50ADC7FF-1EE2-4998-A71A-539EA6A2DD39.jpeg

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
The Hurricanes ran out of goalies and are using a 42 year-old guy they plucked out of teh stands in Toronto. He hasn't played in a competitive game in 5 years and has let in 2 goals on 3 shots already. 4-3 Carolina. end of 2nd period. Both teams tapped him on the pads as he left the ice at the end of the period lol.

He made one nice save by mistake but lost the puck and got up. The defenseman tackled him to the ground, he fell on the puck and they got the whistle somehow.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
This has been one of the strangest games I’ve ever watched, and if the Leafs win this one it shouldn’t count in the standings. That power play, yeesh.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
How is that not a MAJOR conflict of interest? The guy works for the Leafs organization as the Marlies zamboni driver and has even practiced with the Leafs as a goalie numerous times. That’s total bush league. The Leafs will obviously win the game and the Canes will lose 2 points in this incredibly important stretch of the season.

How do you not have another emergency goaltender in the stands that doesn’t have an affiliation with the opposing club?

The guy is wearing a f***ing Marlies mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad