ATD Chat Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Going for an all-over-rated team?

Watching Luce kick ass against the Habs in 75. Scored a goal (after winning the face-off), got in a fight, killed a penalty almost singlehandedly, fans were shouting "Luce" from the opening faceoff - they were doing that for no one else.

Fedorov- he was a stud and then fell apart after all teh money stuff. Strange case. Overrated tho? No. There's footage of him outplaying Forsberg.

Danny Gallivan name checks Mosienko as the fastest player of his time at 48:20 of that Sabre video I posted as well = comparing Perreault to Mosienko after a rush. Gallivan then says, "I suppose today Perreault is faster than Mosienko."

Last edited:

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
BTW- I have Fedorov and Luce on the same team. Has anyone made that connection yet?
Going for an all-over-rated team?
Humorous- but not in the way that you think it is.

In this draft, Fedorov was selected 96th overall. My ten-year ATD look-back shows that it is the lowest he's ever gone. Over the five years prior to this one, his mean selection-slot has been 81.4. I guess the seven different GMs that picked him routinely earlier than he went here were ALL overrating him, and every last one of them thought too much of him.:sarcasm:

It's risible on its face.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Humorous- but not in the way that you think it is.

In this draft, Fedorov was selected 96th overall. My ten-year ATD look-back shows that it is the lowest he's ever gone. Over the five years prior to this one, his mean selection-slot has been 81.4. I guess the seven different GMs that picked him routinely earlier than he went here were ALL overrating him, and every last one of them thought too much of him.:sarcasm:

It's risible on its face.
To be fair, the draft format ensures than no one who rates Fedorov much lower than the rest of the group will ever draft him, while those who rate him much higher will end up with him more often than not. There would be no way for Dreakmur to make us all wait for him to take Fedorov in a spot he feels is appropriate.

Reactions: The Macho Man

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
To be fair, the draft format ensures than no one who rates Fedorov much lower than the rest of the group will ever draft him, while those who rate him much higher will end up with him more often than not. There would be no way for Dreakmur to make us all wait for him to take Fedorov in a spot he feels is appropriate.

just curious if dreak thinks his no 1 can get around fedorov or not. You can’t put skate him, probably or bigger or more skilled or smarter.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Let’s not make “Captain Marvel” type arguments where we act like any of our players are unbeatable, though. Frankly, prime Orr wasn’t even that good in the NHL. Maybe there are a few guys in the game’s infancy who dominated like that, but on the whole the sport doesn’t work that way.

Reactions: seventieslord

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
So I take it I'm not allowed to chime in on the draft thus why my posts are delted so often.

I'll just remain mum and do up my own thoughts offline

Thanks for the incentive

I deleted 150 posts of "who can leave a list" or talking about things unrelated to the draft days later.

I'm going to do another pruning of posts today just to try and stretch this draft thread a little further. But given we're marching to nearly 1000 picks we're going to have 6/7 threads anyway. So I'm not sure why you're complaining that old drafts had at least 3 threads. Have you noticed we're on the third one already?

Previous mods have been doing this before, and just never bothered to ping everyone to let them know. And clearly doing so was a mistake.

So by all means you can complain, but I'll happily show you all the posts of yours I deleted.

Reactions: seventieslord

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I deleted 150 posts of "who can leave a list" or talking about things unrelated to the draft days later.

I'm going to do another pruning of posts today just to try and stretch this draft thread a little further. But given we're marching to nearly 1000 picks we're going to have 6/7 threads anyway. So I'm not sure why you're complaining that old drafts had at least 3 threads. Have you noticed we're on the third one already?

Previous mods have been doing this before, and just never bothered to ping everyone to let them know. And clearly doing so was a mistake.

So by all means you can complain, but I'll happily show you all the posts of yours I deleted.
(and all posts criticizing your Paul Coffey pick)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not sure where VanI got his impression that people thought Montreal had a chance. It was a depressing era of hopelessness and everybody knew it.

Man, I still remember the mid-late 90’s like it was yesterday. Those were some depressing years to be a Habs fan. Sort of like the Bergevin era now..

But man were we awful..

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Man, I still remember the mid-late 90’s like it was yesterday. Those were some depressing years to be a Habs fan. Sort of like the Bergevin era now..

But man were we awful..

Not comparable, we have much better pieces now, and a better prospect pool.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not comparable, we have much better pieces now, and a better prospect pool.

Better prospect pool yes, but the overall feeling that our management staff is completely and utterly clueless with the club having no clear direction is pretty much exactly the same.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Better prospect pool yes, but the overall feeling that our management staff is completely and utterly clueless with the club having no clear direction is pretty much exactly the same.
Hard to justify a rebuild to your 18m dollars invested in your 1D and 1G who are on the wrong side of 30.

Bergevin has made some fine individual moves, but he never has made a series of moves that made sense. Why do you trade Serge then run Markov out of town and let Radulov walk? Why trade for a winger when you need a Center? Seems like he has good moves, but lacks an overall vision.

Reactions: tinyzombies

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
McDavid had 3 points last night after his return from injury, including the game-winning goal. He's 3rd in NHL points despite missing 6 games.

Guess I should go... hooray?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Gretzky (always such a nice guy, pimping up other players) said on TSN that there’s no doubt in his mind Ovechkin will break his goal scoring record.

I think barring a serious injury or a major sudden drop in ability/performance we all expect him to do it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad