ATD Chat Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Pulled this from the Pens forum:

"Looking at Crosby’s 14 year career thus far, I just realized something...

In his first 7 seasons, Crosby scored 223 goals and 386 assists totaling 609 points.

In the last 7 seasons, Crosby scored 223 goals and 384 assists totaling 607 points"

Granted the first 7 consisted of only 434 games vs 509 over the 2nd half but that's pretty neat to see almost identical totals.

Sid (31) hit 100 points, Ovi (33) won another Rocket, Kane (30) had a near identical season to the one back in 2016 when he swept the major awards. Old geezers still have it.

Kucherov just put up the best offensive season in 2 decades and the Lightning dominated as much as any team in history, McDavid had another stellar season on a terrible team (that situation needs to be monitored over the next year or so)

We're pretty fortunate folks. Yeah scoring increased across the board this year (basically back to early post lockout totals) but there were a lot of cool highlights.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Hey hockey fans, time to test out your prognostication skills. Just name the series winner and the number of games it will take. You get a point for every game off you are... Lower is better. I'll start.

Lightning in 4
Leafs in 6
Caps in 7
Pitts in 7
Flames in 5
Sharks in 7
Predators in 5
Jets in 6

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hey hockey fans, time to test out your prognostication skills. Just name the series winner and the number of games it will take. You get a point for every game off you are... Lower is better. I'll start.

Lightning in 4
Leafs in 6
Caps in 7
Pitts in 7
Flames in 5
Sharks in 7
Predators in 5
Jets in 6

Lightning in 4
Bruins in 7
Caps in 7
Isles in 7
Flames in 5
Vegas in 7
Predators in 5
Blues in 7

Reactions: Leaf Lander

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Gretzky thinks he played in a weaker era than Howe and that's why Howe is the better player:

Wayne thinks I'm a better hockey player than he was too..

He's a great ambassador for the game, so you have to take these things with a grain of salt. Wayne's just from the "if you don't have something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all" era. As a competitor he did everything he could to be the best player in the world.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wayne thinks I'm a better hockey player than he was too..

He's a great ambassador for the game, so you have to take these things with a grain of salt. Wayne's just from the "if you don't have something nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all" era. As a competitor he did everything he could to be the best player in the world.

I walked with him while he was under severe pressure - but temporarily unnoticed - and he was a gem and spoke to ME. Love the guy.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Last night...

Jimmy Fallon: "What's the secret to 30 years of happy marriage?"

Michael J. Fox: "Keep the sex dirty, and the fights clean."

:)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
One of the most dramatic first halves (first period and early second) I've ever seen and who would have thought it would be at the Shark Tank in San Jose against a hockey team from Las Vegas.

Game 2 was epic!

The series should go seven games.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1. Tiger has won the Master's again;
2. The Pens were swept in 4 games;
3. Seahawks sign Wilson long term.

I love sports!

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Washington has a very strong chance at a repeat. In all reality their path is much easier today.

Tampa getting crushed by Columbus makes me not quite as upset about Pitt getting crushed by NY. I had NY winning the series but didn't expect a sweep.

Pitt desperately needs to dump Kessel, Maatta at a minimum and should explore moving a Letang or Malkin.

That and Sullivan is starting down the Dan Byslma route but I'm willing to give him another year.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Washington has a very strong chance at a repeat. In all reality their path is much easier today.

Tampa getting crushed by Columbus makes me not quite as upset about Pitt getting crushed by NY. I had NY winning the series but didn't expect a sweep.

Pitt desperately needs to dump Kessel, Maatta at a minimum and should explore moving a Letang or Malkin.

That and Sullivan is starting down the Dan Byslma route but I'm willing to give him another year.

I would love it if the Caps repeated so much

Sidenote, the critique of my initial list for the HOH project from a poster makes me happy that I had to disappear for work for a while

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I hate sports.

3ad9d26f-6bde-4cf8-8d68-7c6ad1faf2cb_JDX-2x1_WEB.jpg

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

I want Malkin in Montreal.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What would you offer if you're the GM?

I'm not up to date on contracts and the likes, or even the value of many average players currently because I haven't followed the NHL closely enough.So it's hard to say.

But, I know if I trade for Malkin, it's because I want to win the SC in the next 4 years.That means I cannot trade Price or Weber.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

Pittsburgh probably needs two defensemen at least to make sure they aren't playing Johnson and Badbrandson to the degree that they were this year.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Yeah, Johnson can play in the NHL, but just manage him better. He can't be getting #3 minutes for 2/3 of the season (when Schultz is injured). And Gudbranson should not be a #4 anywhere.

I think if Letang is the #1 and Dumoulin #2, you're ok. Schultz as a #3 to anchor a 2nd unit and play on the PP is also ok. From there though, it's a trainwreck.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Wow... You guys still have this going and added to it. I was the old Quebec Aces back when this was just starting. #66

Keep up the great work fellas. Always fun to watch.

Well the old boy may be barely breathing, but the heart of ATD is still beating

Reactions: Burn

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Well, with Dallas being ahead by 2 with 2 minutes left, I think we can call that one done.

So at this very moment, with that game over and the Caps and Jets games still to come, there's currently a 14% chance that we end up with an ALL-UPSET first round. (that is, if you consider the Isles over Pittsburgh an upset).

What began as a major disadvantage for the Leafs (or, for the Bruins, as neither team deserved their opponent) could become a major advantage as they become the favoured team going forward.

Of course, nothing is certain anymore, with the term "favoured" meaning "likely to lose" this year, but also, the greatest surprises tend to happen earlier, and the deeper you get, the more likely it is that the "expected" winner wins the series.

So at this very moment anyway, I'm pretty optimstic. That optimism will go sky-high if the Caps and Sharks lose tonight, but drop considerably if the leafs can't close the deal tomorrow afternoon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad