Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Which defensive group would you choose?

TEAM ALPHA:

Nick Bosa (edge), Ed Oliver (DT), Devin Bush (ILB), Byron Murphy (CB)

TEAM OMEGA:

Montez Sweat (edge), Quinnen Williams (DT), Devin White (ILB), Greedy Williams (CB)

For me the choice is like night and day, a clear difference. The draft is this Thursday. All of those are bona fide 1st rounders, but I'd trade down rather than get one set, trade up for the other.

Your call?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Which offensive group?

TEAM ALPHA

TJ Hockenson (TE), Drew Lock (QB), Jawaan Taylor (OT), DK Metcalf (WR), Hakeem Butler (WR)

TEAM OMEGA

Noah Fant (TE), Dwayne Haskins (QB), Jonah Williams (OT), Marquise Brown (WR), A.J. Brown (WR)

Note: Guys like Kyler Murray, Rashan Gary and Brian Burns I am of two minds over, so not clearly a grab or pass type of prospect.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'm hoping for a SJS/STL v CBJ finals, that way we'd have a first time winner again
Agreed.

But isn't there a bit of the ATDer in you that would like to see the stock rise for: Chara, Bergeron, Marchand,... maybe MLD Krejci, Backes, Rask?

Thornton, Burns, Karlsson, ... maybe MLD Pavelski, Couture, Kane?

Bruins vs. Sharks has all-time greats potential!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Agreed.

But isn't there a bit of the ATDer in you that would like to see the stock rise for: Chara, Bergeron, Marchand,... maybe MLD Krejci, Backes, Rask?

Thornton, Burns, Karlsson, ... maybe MLD Pavelski, Couture, Kane?

Bruins vs. Sharks has all-time greats potential!
Thornton isn't an important enough piece to have this boost his case any more than Timmonen's case was boosted by Chicago. Although depending on how long Pavelski is out for, he may be in a much bigger role.

Reactions: seventieslord

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Thornton has 4 points in 6 games these playoffs, is 5th in ice time among Shark forwards and could very well score 6 or 7 points in a Stanley Cup championship series victory this postseason. That WILL help his legacy and ATD stock, at least a little.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Third consecutive Ted Lindsay nomination for Connor McDavid. He probably won't win because of Kucherov. If he didn't get injured in his rookie season and had played 300+ games he'd be on my ATD team next year

AST: 1, 1, 1 (probably)
Lindsay: 1, 1, 2/3
Hart: 1, 5, who knows

Solid resume so far, for a youngish career

Reactions: tinyzombies

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Third consecutive Ted Lindsay nomination for Connor McDavid. He probably won't win because of Kucherov. If he didn't get injured in his rookie season and had played 300+ games he'd be on my ATD team next year

AST: 1, 1, 1 (probably)
Lindsay: 1, 1, 2/3
Hart: 1, 5, who knows

Solid resume so far, for a youngish career

That is a fantastic resume so far.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Conn Smythe candidates as of this moment, also taking into consideration their team's likelihood of winning:

1. Nathan MacKinnon
2. Logan Couture
3. Jaccob Slavin
4. Brent Burns
5. Artemi Panarin
6. Ben Bishop
7. Seth Jones
8. Tuukka Rask
9. Sergei Bobrovsky
10. Alex Pietrangelo
11. Jaden Schwartz
12. Brad Marchand
13. Robin Lehner

MacKinnon and Slavin are not THE TWO best players in the playoffs, but they are close, and they are literally the only great candidates on their teams at the moment. while San Jose, St. Louis, Boston and especially Columbus will have some vote-splitting.

Also, Bishop is the only standout on a Dallas team with four forwards tied with 9 points currently. Lehner is NYI's only hope, if they come out of this hole his sv% will be even higher than the .934 it's at now.

If Colorado loses tonight, Mac drops right down to about 8th due to his low likelihood of winning the cup.

Reactions: tinyzombies

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
image.jpg

I told my mother I annoyed him once outside the Forum asking for too many autographs. She bumped into his wife and she got me this. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad