Player Discussion At 47 the Senators Select Alex Formenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Batherson invited to training camp, Formenton not. Again, the team shows they clearly know 1 guy was involved, the other guy not.
Unsigned players aren't covered if they get injured, Tkachuk didn't attend training camp when he was unsigned and holding out, it's the same thing. Whether or not he is invited to training camp or not isn't really indicative of anything, one way or the other, at this point.

Reactions: Icelevel and dekem

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
And why do you think the team didn't offer him a contract? He has no leverage, would have signed any 1 year offer.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
And why do you think the team didn't offer him a contract? He has no leverage, would have signed any 1 year offer.
No need for shell games.

You said he's not at camp because of HC. Hes not there because he has no contract.

It doesn't change anything and it's not dispositive of what occurred.

We're all aware of the underlying circumstances.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The team did offer him a contract, they qualified him two months after the HC scandal broke, thus retaining his rights. if they wanted nothing to do with him, they could have let him walk. He chose not to accept the QO, presumably because he thinks he can get a better deal than 1 year ~800k.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Unsigned players aren't covered if they get injured, Tkachuk didn't attend training camp when he was unsigned and holding out, it's the same thing. Whether or not he is invited to training camp or not isn't really indicative of anything, one way or the other, at this point.
Welll let’s not play TOO stupid here lol. Sure he doesn’t have a contract. There’s also been next to zero news on contract front. The signs are pointing in a particular direction.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
So, the only contract the team offered him was 1 they knew he wouldn't accept. They clearly didn't want him around.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Welll let’s not play TOO stupid here lol. Sure he doesn’t have a contract. There’s also been next to zero news on contract front. The signs are pointing in a particular direction.
No one is disputing this. Goes without saying.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We can certainly speculate that the scandal is influencing things, but the idea that he would have signed any 1 yr deal is obviously not true since he didn't sign his QO. It's also obviously not true that him not being on the Training camp roster is an indication of anything other than him not being signed.

It's not like Formenton is the only player in history to ever hold out on signing, there are other possible explanations, you're free to come to whatever conclusions you like, but we've learned nothing new regarding Formenton's status as the result of the training camp invites.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We can certainly speculate that the scandal is influencing things, but the idea that he would have signed any 1 yr deal is obviously not true since he didn't sign his QO. It's also obviously not true that him not being on the Training camp roster is an indication of anything other than him not being signed.

It's not like Formenton is the only player in history to ever hold out on signing, there are other possible explanations, you're free to come to whatever conclusions you like, but we've learned nothing new regarding Formenton's status as the result of the training camp invites.
Ok

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
So, the only contract the team offered him was 1 they knew he wouldn't accept. They clearly didn't want him around.
What? Every qualifying offer is just the last salary plus 10%. That’s just the regular QO to retain the player’s rights. Then they negotiate.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That’s the contract , all teams offer their RFA’s until they sign, they have to ,to maintain rights.
Just like Sandin in Toronto.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Mm I believe it is being disputed. But some people hate to speculate and that’s fair.
Well actually, in this case, people are disputing that a specific thing is a sign. There are signs the that point to Formenton being in hot water, him not being on the training camp roster when he doesn't have a contract is more like a sign that says there's a Tim Horton's 10 km down the road. Given his contract status, we already knew he wouldn't be on the roster. No new information here.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Loved him on the ice last season...But if there are legal implications ,especially of what has been rumored...Then I can absolutely understand why the Sens and likely the NHL arent in any hurry to do much about this player

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
There are many, many, many things in life more important than winning hockey games.

If our two kids are innocent, I'll welcome them on the team with open arms. If one or both are guilty, I don't care how much it hurts the team, I don't want someone guilty of what happened after that party wearing my teams' uniform. A second chance can be given by a different team.

Now all that being said, I'm not surprised Formenton isn't in camp yet. We had a number of our core kids get big deals the last two years, it's only natural for him to want a piece of that pie. I mean....there isn't much pie left! We're hitting damned close to the cap, and only player we want to move is Zaitsev, and that doesn't open up all that much space.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I just told my dog that Forms wasn't going to attend training camp and he told me :

"bro you are waking me up for this? Tell me something I don't already know"

He was not a happy camper to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad