At 26th the Sens Take Jacob Bernard Docker

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think the trade down was brilliant and amazing value for a 4-spot drop late in the 1st round, and I think the player is exactly the kind of kid you like taking with a second 1st rounder - a long-term piece who you can let grow in NCAA for a couple of years.

Also: call me crazy, but did I notice a bit of bells palsy when he was talking in the interview? He definitely had that "talk out of the side of your mouth" characteristic that BP people have. Obviously not a thing that will ever affect his NHL career, but mildly interesting, I guess.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
No nothing of the guy but off the top of my head i hope he joins Ekman-Larsson, Nugent-Hopkins and Smith-Pelly as a successful double last name players!

Reactions: Hands of Stone

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He looks like he has some legit potential, hopefully it translates to the NHL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought Bernard-Docker was a stay at home guy?
Not according to any writeup I've seen (never watched more that a clip or two). One report I read listed getting caught deep in the OZ as one of his weaknesses.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Not quite with only 1 excellent rating. Good to very good otherwise translates IMO to late first to second round pick.

Nice that it's for Hockey Sense, probably the most important quality in a player.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Similar stats compared to Makar at the same age in the same league. Interested to see what he can do next year. Will be a lot of guys to keep an eye on in college next year.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Nice that it's for Hockey Sense, probably the most important quality in a player.
Maybe, but it's very encouraging that the excellent is in hockey sense and there are only two "good" ratings, both in things that can be less relevant - physical play, and size/strength. He's got high marks in the important categories. Not sure how important his"top pair" rating is at this point though.

ness180

Jan 27, 2012
I sincerely hope that JBD pans out better in the pros than the last time Ottawa made a reach for a UND-bound defenseman(Brian Lee) in the first round.

Reactions: Ed Wood and Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I stopped regularly watching Major Junior hockey a few years ago in favor of NCAA hockey.

You'd better believe I'm going to have UND games on lock this season. Bernard-Docker and Tychonick as a future-Sens d-pair to watch all year? Yes please.
Where do you watch these games?

I catch a few because some are on. But it’s too rare for me to specifically pick a team to tune in to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad