At 26th the Sens Take Jacob Bernard Docker

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Projecting is what scouting is about, if not, they'd just issue the players based on Aphabetical order 1-31 to the clubs.

When Trent Mann says Brady plays the game by dragging his team into the fight, that's a characteristic of his game. We can judge players based on their game at 18, very few players change the way they play.

And off ice issues with Galchenyuk I've heard all about - but it didn't change his game to mean he floats for 75% of the game. Same as how Hoffman had obvious off ice issues, didn't change how he played a puck hog game.

You discuss players not changing and a player’s style pretty much staying the same. OK, but why does Brown have to change? He has the best vision and passing of all our prospects, and is well on his way to being the #2C for this club. Therés what I project. You say that Brady’s characteristic is dragging his team with him, well Brown’s is making his team score, being the most skilled guy on the ice most times, and having the vision and hands to make plays few players can make. Should we transform him into something he isn’t and not focus on these strengths? (rhetorical)

Are you reading too much into the Kool-Aid of the posters saying he’s lazy and not committed? You realize that the taller you are, the more likely your skating stride is to « look lazy »? Logan’s development has gone great so far a part from some unlucky injuries, and I suspect he will prove lots of posters wrong on this board as soon as this upcoming season. He already did that last pre-season and the couple games he played in the NHL, and he’s only gotten better since.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have no idea why Boucher would play a Pyatt-Smith-Stone line

It’s way more likely that he plays with Dzingel, Boedker, Pageau, Duchene, Ryan and probably even Brown

If I was the coach I would go

Ryan-Brown-Stone

Stone brings the best in other players. If Brown and Ryan produce, you are in really good shape. That would be a very skilled line and everybody brings specific elements that are not in every hockey player.

On the opposite, I think the Center depth will be a big strength of the team.
Duchene, Brown, Batherson, White, Chlapik, Pageau. I think we’ll easily have 3 good/great centers and 2/3 of them will have to play on the wing.

On defense, it’s still early too tell but assuming we keep EK, we have Karlsson and Chabot as building blocks and then Jaros, Wolanin, Ceci, JND, Tychonick, Lajoie, Bergman, Harpur, etc. I think you have a good chance to build a decent/good defense.

Strange that you say that because Stone is exactly that type of player... Did you know that he averaged 70 pts per 82 games in his 4 full NHL seasons. That’s on top on being a Selke level winger and the king by far at stealing the puck. He makes anyone he plays with better

If only Batherson and Tkachuk hit, you still have

Tkachuk-Duchene-Dzingel
Ryan-Batherson-Stone
Boedker-Pageau-White

The Ryan - Brown - Stone line, while intriguing, appears to likely be too slow on the back-checking. I think it needs a faster player with defensive skills to minimize the 3 on 2s against. An Alfredsson or MacAthur type would be great. Maybe White or Boedker could be that guy.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You discuss players not changing and a player’s style pretty much staying the same. OK, but why does Brown have to change? He has the best vision and passing of all our prospects, and is well on his way to being the #2C for this club. Therés what I project. You say that Brady’s characteristic is dragging his team with him, well Brown’s is making his team score, being the most skilled guy on the ice most times, and having the vision and hands to make plays few players can make. Should we transform him into something he isn’t and not focus on these strengths? (rhetorical)

Are you reading too much into the Kool-Aid of the posters saying he’s lazy and not committed? You realize that the taller you are, the more likely your skating stride is to « look lazy »? Logan’s development has gone great so far a part from some unlucky injuries, and I suspect he will prove lots of posters wrong on this board as soon as this upcoming season. He already did that last pre-season and the couple games he played in the NHL, and he’s only gotten better since.

I like Brown and thought they should of kept him last year, around he bet he’s awesome and he’s got a super nice touch. But I still think he’s not a player that’s fully engaged all over the ice, I think he’ll have amazing games and games where he’s not noticed, and that’s just the player he’ll be. Your hope is that during a playoff run he gets hit and carries the team for a round or two or four

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I hope you are right, but I am left wanting more. :)

His size, reach, play-making and possibly strength as he matures, could make him a formidable player. I am looking forward to watching Brown’s development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad