For

Lehkonen

giphy.gif

Reactions: Fatty McLardy

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I think the entire hockey world is aware of this already. Trading a player we signed on a PTO at league minimum for a 2nd rounder would be a step in the right direction, this comment doesnt really make sense in this thread.

It's not unlike what the Montreal Canadiens did a few years back.

They signed Tomas Fleischmann to PTO then later on packaged him with Dale Weise and returned a 2nd round draft pick and Philip Danault.

Reactions: A91

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
He makes league minimum, will cost a team a lousy 160k for the rest of the season.

Only 94 forwards have 17 goals this year...there are a lot of "better"players will less goals than Chiasson, making way more money and playing on a much better team.

Oh yeah, he also played 16 games in the playoffs and WON the cup last year!

Of course he has value.

What do you want Dreger to say....the asking price is low.

Some of you have no clue.....

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Here are some players that can't say they have 17 goals. I don't give a sh!t who they play with.....they don't have 17 goals!!

Elhers
Kadri
Kuznetsov
Huberdeau
Marleau
Ferland
Simmonds
Silfverberg

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Hagelin just went for a 3rd and a 6nd, while having less than half as many POINTS as Chiasson has GOALS, and even with the retention Hagelin carries a much higher caphit.

The irrational Oiler hatred people have doesn’t make that an unreasonable starting point to ask for
Irrational Oilers hatred?
What are expecting for him?
I wouldn't be shocked at a max of two 3rds but I highly doubt anyone would pay more than that.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Based on what?

Since the start of 2016/17 season:

Chiasson: 38 goals, 69 points, 192 games
Hagelin: 18 goals, 61 points, 180 games.

Hagelin’s been riding off of his good run with Pittsburgh at the end of the 15/16 season for three years now.
Playoff experience?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What do you want Dreger to say....the asking price is low.

Some of you have no clue.....

Something like, EDM might be able to find a taker for Alex Chiasson?

What does it mean that the asking price is "high"? The lowest asking price you can have is like a 7th rounder in 2020. A 5th is like what you have to give up to get failed kid in the AHL not totally without skill, that like at least can help out in the AHL and maybe has some remote potential. A 3rd-4th is the price for a NHL that you aren't giving away. Given the amount of bodies available, I think a 2nd is unlikely.

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
He's got 14 5-on-5 points this season and over half of them are with McDavid on the bench.

Would it kill some of you to look at the stats before posting in here?

Do you honestly think that he is worth a 2nd round pick? Because I don't, he's a 3rd line player at best on a contending team.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Chaisson is straight uselessness on a contender but right at home on the Oilers.

I dont think he'd be useless. He'd be a serviceable 3rd liner and a star 4th liner basically. Not worth a 2nd, more like a 3rd but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad