Dreger: Ask is "high" on Alex Chiasson

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
I think if Hagelin brought a 3rd and a 6th, Chiasson could land a mid to late 2nd without too much fuss.

I guess we'll have to wait and see then because I think he will be dealt. I'd be very surprised if he fetches a 2nd rounder. He was on Washington's fourth line during their cup run and wasn't much of a factor.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You mean the Cup ring Chiasson won like eight months ago?
Then, kind of like the "McDavid Effect" where players suddenly shift the axis of the universe fighting to play with McD even though it hasn't happened, there's the "Edmonton effect" where GMs don't want to risk their playoff lives bringing in a player from such a toxic environment.

That later, is surely real (chuckles)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Then, kind of like the "McDavid Effect" where players suddenly shift the axis of the universe fighting to play with McD even though it hasn't happened, there's the "Edmonton effect" where GMs don't want to risk their playoff lives bringing in a player from such a toxic environment.

That later, is surely real (chuckles)

So toxic that Chiasson has already said he’d prefer not to be traded and wants to stay?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Lol at the Oilers suddenly asking for the moon for their scraps when they let their serviceable players go for nothing.

The Edmonton follies strike yet again with jazz hands high and shimmering

I’d rather them ask for the moon and keep players over trading players for .10 cents on the dollar.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
The 'ask' should be high, but at the same time, pride can't override logic. Maroon got what, a 3rd rounder last trade deadline and he's got that heavy playoff style game that teams like. Chiasson should theoretically get less as he never produced anything close to what Patrick Maroon had. When the clock hits zeroes, he should be traded for the best available offer.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Wow a PTO who benefited from playing with Mcdavid but has been cold for months now. Oilers want a high pick. I see a fourth at best. I like the guy but come on Edmonton

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Dude hasn't scored a goal in over a month and only did anything this year while playing with McDavid. Good luck with that one, Edmonton.
Making good use of mcdavid. Pump up the value of bottom six players to a 3rd round pick. Trade and replace. Repeat and prosper. RIP Connor mcdavid

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Interesting how Dreger speculating turns into an Oiler bashfest. Whether Dreger is right or wrong on value shouldn't have any bearing on the opinion people have of the Oil.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This guy has scored 1 goal since the New Year and is still shooting over 20% for the year. Nobody is giving up a 2nd and a prospect for him. Dreger is a toad. You might coax Bergevin into giving up a third, what with Chiasson being born in Montreal and being over 6'0.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Early in the season, I recall that he was the only Oilers player who was producing without McDavid. Also if any contending teams are right up against the cap, he becomes a more valuable commodity. He can be added for next to nothing, yet be a legitimate contributor. I'm not saying that makes him worth a 2nd, but it does need to be factored in.

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Decent depth player who I think could net a 3rd rounder. A 2nd..I dunno about that. The Habs make a bit of sense as I don't know if their right side is all that solid as you go down the lineup.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I thought Dreger was a hack? Why are so many people taking his word as gospel here? Oh that's right, it's ok if it can be used to bash the Oilers.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
16 games without a goal, 6 assists, a minus 6, 28 shots in those 16 games with 8 coming in one game.

He's not worth a whole lot, and the Oilers if they want to sign him can't afford to over pay him based on a unsustainable hot start.

He's probably worth a mid round pick at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->