Dreger: Ask is "high" on Alex Chiasson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Why even have draft picks after the 2nd round then?

It’s important to have lots of picks in play and it’s important for this team to have as many assets as possible.
it really isnt. Draft picks are crapshoot after 2nd round. Even in 2nd EDM drafted Benson\Pitlick\Musil etc who were all long term projects. We run out of patience before they amount to anything. see Petry, Pitlick, Dubnyk.
Oilers need to go after a HoSang, Duclair, Schmaltz instead of a 3rd round pick.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He will get a 2nd imo because a lot of GMs overpay at the deadline, He's worth a 3rd.
Prepare yourself to be disappointed, the best you will get for him is a fourth rd pick, the market is satured this year and there are way better options than Chiasson out there...

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
He's worth a third or fourth but could see them get a third+prospect at deadline or both a third and fourth, a second would be an amazing return. bearing in mind it would be in the later half of the second round.

He has proven he can play anywhere in the lineup with skill or checking, and he's on a 650k contract so anyone can take him on. Plus he was on the cup squad last season. Lots of good arrows as a decent deadline pickup.

Kassian would also be very attractive, but he's on a bit of a pricey contract plus is for another year.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Why even have draft picks after the 2nd round then?

It’s important to have lots of picks in play and it’s important for this team to have as many assets as possible.

because you have a farm system that needs players, and if it were left to free agency, we both know that GM's can't help themselves when spending money

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Nothing wrong with having a high ask. Edmonton has a lot of factors going in its favour.

1. Almost everyone in the west is in the playoff race. Few teams will be giving up players when they still have a shot at making it.

2. Teams historically overpay for rentals at the deadline. Especially for players that can play anywhere in the lineup and able to produce now. He also won a cup and can provide leadership during a cup run.

3. Chiasson wasnt gifted time with McDavid, he scored without him and worked his way up the lineup. 17 goals isnt any easy feat and their are maybe a handful of guys available that score more and are going to cost at least a 2nd.

I know it's an overpayment and hes not worth it but teams want to win and willing to spend to give their team even the slightest advantage

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
God the oilers management is a joke.
Not a joke to ask for a good pick for a guy who had 17 goals. It's trying to not get ripped off that would make them a joke...which was happening when Chiarelli was here.

Stanley cup winner, good season, veteran playoff experience. If Brian Boyle can net a 2nd why can't chiasson. Get of your high horse bro.

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017
notsureifserious-vi.jpg

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol at the Oilers suddenly asking for the moon for their scraps when they let their serviceable players go for nothing.

The Edmonton follies strike yet again with jazz hands high and shimmering

And yet they got a 3rd for Davidson last year . I bet if you heard that was the asking price you would had you gums flapping on your that as well . Let face it none of us know shit because GMs get crazy during the trade deadline and UFA period .

The more you think you know the more you are wrong .

Reactions: Homesick

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
And yet they got a 3rd for Davidson last year . I bet if you heard that was the asking price you would had you gums flapping on your that as well . Let face it none of us know **** because GMs get crazy during the trade deadline and UFA period .

The more you think you know the more you are wrong .
Lol if it makes the pundits feel secure they can think what they want.

Scraps are scraps. Nothing that happened last years means a thing this year.

Pool party had more value last year, and now he's a bust. Should teams give up what little he was worth last year this year?

Hahahaha

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I was thinking even if they dont have business experience have they never seen an episode or heck even a pitch of Sharktank?

Example: I want $100,000 for 5% of my company. A few sharks go out and a few counter with 30%. Entrepreneur counters and they go back and forth until settling for something in the middle of the two asks.

Putting this in hockey. Oilers ask for 2nd. Team counters with 6th rounder and they meet in the middle.

Really doesnt seem like such a crazy idea as the posters calling it insane are making it out to be
To ask for 100k in exchange for 5% means your company is worth 2mil. If your company is worth 500k and you're asking for 100k in exchange for 5%, you're not being realistic. You can ask for 100k in exchange for 5% if you're bargaining from a position of power, which the Oilers are not in, in this case.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Prepare yourself to be disappointed, the best you will get for him is a fourth rd pick, the market is satured this year and there are way better options than Chiasson out there...
You’re just salty about the Montreal thread and feel like being an asshole.
Hagelin has 2 goals/ 8 points and he got a 3rd + 6th round picks, Chiasson has 17 goals/ 27 points but yeah he’s only going to get a 4th.

I can’t wait to quote this once he gets dealt.

Jul 6, 2016
Chiasson is VERY lucky to play with McDavid. He was scratched for most of the Finals last year with Washington.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You’re just salty about the Montreal thread and feel like being an *******.
Hagelin has 2 goals/ 8 points and he got a 3rd + 6th round picks, Chiasson has 17 goals/ 27 points but yeah he’s only going to get a 4th.

I can’t wait to quote this once he gets dealt.
I would rack up points playing with McDavid, my little sister would rack up pts playing with McDavid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad