Dreger: Ask is "high" on Alex Chiasson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You wouldn’t, since you’re a member of the fan base trying to cram Charles Hudon (24, routine healthy scratch, completely worthless) down our throats as a “fair” return.

I don't really recall habs fans pushing Hudon for Pulju. Lehkonen, I recall seeing. Maybe you're mistaken.

Also no shame in being scratched, Pulju is a victim of that as well.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Good God Oilers fans, you guys are dramatic as hell.

The gap between high ask and a 7th round is rather huge, no one said 'fair value' meant you had to drop down to a 7th round pick.

Right, I forgot it’s up to “ottawa” on HFBoards to decide what “fair value” is.

So you tell me - if asking for a 2nd makes them a “joke”, where’s the non-joke threshold?

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't really recall habs fans pushing Hudon for Pulju. Lehkonen, I recall seeing. Maybe you're mistaken.

Also no different than Pulju being routinely scratched.

Or you have selective memory. Which is much more likely. Every single Pulju thread some Hab fan throws out Hudon+5th like an idiot.

Funny that asking for Lekhonen was totally insulting not two months ago. Whatever could have happened?

Yes; it IS different, once again because one of these guys is 20, one is 24.

How about Benning for Mete?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Or you have selective memory. Which is much more likely. Every single Pulju thread some Hab fan throws out Hudon+5th like an idiot.

Funny that asking for Lekhonen was totally insulting not two months ago. Whatever could have happened?

Yes; it IS different, once again because one of these guys is 20, one is 24.

How about Benning for Mete?

I think every habs fan has always been open to trading Lek...we have a surplus of LW and he's the odd man out. It was never insulting asking for him then and it isn't now either.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think every habs fan has always been open to trading Lek...we have a surplus of LW and he's the odd man out. It was never insulting asking for him then and it isn't now either.

Weird, because I’ve been asking for Lekhonen every single time for the last 18 months a Habs fan has trotted out a ‘what would it take’ and it’s never once gone over well. Especially when Lekhonen has done something positive in the last month.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
200+ reply thread on a nothing report from Dreger, all because people are too stupid to actually read the "rumour" and would rather just dump on the team involved.

People are too used to Chiarelli getting curbstomped every time he picked up the phone. The idea of an Oiler GM getting decent value is a trade is personally offensive.

Flyers fans were livid they didn’t rake us over the coals on the Talbot deal. :laugh:

Reactions: RattsSSV

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I don’t get why people are slamming Oilers management for an unrealistic ask when it’s Dreger saying “I think they’re asking a 2nd.” If he had confirmation, he would say “one GM has said the ask is a 2nd round pick.”

So far, all we know is that whatever sources he has feel that the ask is too high. Maybe the ask is a 3rd, but this source thinks he’s worth a 5th. Too vague to **** on the Oil for this one.

As for realistic, I think a 3rd is fair. Has his recent play warranted that? Probably not, but he’s dirt cheap and a vet with a Cup ring. With a lot of teams tight up against the cap, that should bump his value up to a 3rd.

Its HF where fans fight tooth and nail about value. Everyone agrees he will probably get a 3rd maybe a 3rd+. Yet you mention a 2nd and people freak out without looking into it. It's not like the oilers would get an early 2nd, it would be a late 2nd if we got one. Is the difference between a pick at lik 55 vs 65 such a huge difference?

Reactions: Homesick

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Chiasson for a 2nd is the equivalent of a fantasy football owner picking a WR off the waiver wire who has a good couple of weeks and then trying to trade him to you for Kamara.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Every team has a fringe NHLer with 17 goals and 10 assists on their roster or in the AHL?
He’s having a career year (great for him) but I cannot see any club giving up assets for a 28 years old career 0.35PPG, -28 player.

“Fringe NHLer” may have been a bit unfair by me.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I'd probably laugh until I cried if Edmonton somehow got away with trading Chiasson for a 2nd round pick

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
He's got 14 5-on-5 points this season and over half of them are with McDavid on the bench.

Would it kill some of you to look at the stats before posting in here?

I think it was his 9th goal of the season he scored on the PP. Up till then he spent as month a healthy scratch, 4th and 3rd lines before he was put on the PP.

Chiasson is the one and only reason for him having the year he's having. I'm having a good ole time reading typical, completely uninformed usual banter of a player value.

:laugh:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Well, I'd rather have Edmonton brass put high prices on expendable assets, as opposed to what they did for the past 3 years, in selling low and getting owned on the trade market

Chiasson already stated he wants to stay in Edmonton long-term and wants to secure a contract. And I'll lose it if they trade Kassian, he's the heart and glue of the team, playing with Connor on the top line, and still has a year left on his contract. Why on earth would they trade him?

Reactions: RattsSSV

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You’re just salty about the Montreal thread and feel like being an *******.
Hagelin has 2 goals/ 8 points and he got a 3rd + 6th round picks, Chiasson has 17 goals/ 27 points but yeah he’s only going to get a 4th.

I can’t wait to quote this once he gets dealt.
:laugh:

Ryan Rishaug‏Compte certifié @TSNRyanRishaug
SuivreSuivre @TSNRyanRishaug
Plus
There had been some interest in Chiasson in recent days, but those teams ended up making other deals taking themselves out of the mix. Very little action/interest for players the Oilers were considering moving.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Chiasson for a 2nd is the equivalent of a fantasy football owner picking a WR off the waiver wire who has a good couple of weeks and then trying to trade him to you for Kamara.
So if it was the 63rd pick instead of the 62nd pick it would be better? 3rd rounder instead of a second rounder.

When people talk about picks around here, they never seem to acknowledge that there's a massive difference between picking in the top of a round, and picking at the bottom of a round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad