Dreger: Ask is "high" on Alex Chiasson

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The Insider was asked if he thought the Oilers would get more for Alex Chiasson or Zack Kassian, if they were to trade one or both.
“Yeah, I think they’ll get more for Chiasson,” indicated Dreger. “I believe that the ask is pretty high. I think it’s a second-round draft pick or a pretty decent prospect or, if you want to be creative, I suppose you could find a way to maybe add both in that package.
“But I don’t think that the Oilers have written off the idea of potentially extending Chiasson either. That has to be considered. But given the situation that the Oilers as an organization are in, Chiasson is likely going to fetch the highest return among the players that you’re willing to trade. If they were willing to consider any of the bigger boys like Darnell Nurse, they’d knock it out of the park. They’re not doing that, we can understand why.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Glad he's having a great year but who in their right minds would go for that? He did win the Cup with the Capitals last year but he was a healthy scratch on several occasions during their Playoff run.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers are better off re-signing him. 60% of 2nd rounders don't even play a full season in the NHL

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Let it sink in that he's their 4th best forward behind McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH and let it sink in that Chiasson went on record saying he wants to stay in in Edmonton

I can't face palm hard enough

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Yes, they should give whatever assets they have left for 7th round picks. Good one.
we dont know what the offers are but i doubt it's a 7th rounder being offered but nice try......he's a ufa that probably wont be resigned so yea lets put him at a premium price when wingers are saturated....

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Meh I think thats what Dreger is saying he could see Chiasson getting. Then again this is all based off of Darren Dreger who I personally dont think knows much.

Fair I suppose.

For me the quickest and easiest comparison is Maroon. Bottom six guy elevated by playing with McDavid. He got a 3rd and had a better track record imo, in a better market for sellers than we seem to have this year.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
we dont know what the offers are but i doubt it's a 7th rounder being offered but nice try......he's a ufa that probably wont be resigned so yea lets put him at a premium price when wingers are saturated....

So asking a 3rd for him is fine, but a 2nd makes management a joke?

Reactions: ujju2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad