Rumor: Arthur Staple: Isles Remain Front-Runner for Tavares | Other teams still in mix

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Its not all that crazy to think Tavares will go to the Leafs. Toronto has the money to give him 10-11 mill a season. Will be competitive until his contract runs out (7 or 8 years) and I don't know any other 105 point teams that can afford him really apart from Vegas/San Jose (who knows if Vegas will be as good as they were this year, everyone had a career year)

The real question becomes does JT want to stay out of the light or does he suck it up to try to give himself a good chance at winning the cup? All I know is I feel a lot more confident that he could choose Toronto rather when Stamkos was going to be a free agent.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I think Toronto IS JT's first choice. I am not sure the Leafs will do it though.
And leave the Leafs D alone. Anyone think LA has a better team than the Leafs now or going forward? Of course not. And they have Doughty. LA is not looking good at all.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They did not have superb goaltending. Again the stats and facts to not support your statement.
they did not have superb goaltending? maybe that was a stretch. they had great goaltending. andersen kept them in almost every single he started in because he has to make too many timely saves due to the defense allowing way too may scoring chances.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
they did not have superb goaltending? maybe that was a stretch. they had great goaltending. andersen kept them in almost every single he started in because he has to make too many timely saves due to the defense allowing way too may scoring chances.
.918 is not "Superb" goaltending at all. It's rather average. And Freddy was just horrible for the month of October.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think Toronto IS JT's first choice. I am not sure the Leafs will do it though.
And leave the Leafs D alone. Anyone think LA has a better team than the Leafs now or going forward? Of course not. And they have Doughty. LA is not looking good at all.
its most likely the other way around. leafs first choice at a free agent is tavares but he probably doesn't want to sign there.

Reactions: deaderhead28

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
its most likely the other way around. leafs first choice at a free agent is tavares but he probably doesn't want to sign there.
The only reason would be to avoid the spotlight. They are the best fit in terms of talent.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I genuinely think Buffalo could be in the running. Already have a top #1 Center, getting a #1 D in the draft, have Tavares' long time line mate signed in Okposo, close to home without having to deal with the Toronto media, and have ROR to trade to fill out the holes in the roster.
If Tavares has decided he wants to leave the Islanders he's still better off in Toronto than Buffalo since the Leafs are closer to a Stanley Cup.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
.918 is not "Superb" goaltending at all. It's rather average. And Freddy was just horrible for the month of October.
did you forget his amazing November-February that quickly? october and march were the only two months he was putrid in.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

So a local elite #1C comes knocking at Shanny's door and Shanny does not answer ? The Leafs are no longer owned by Harold Ballard, they will welcome him with open arms.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So a local elite #1C comes knocking at Shanny's door and Shanny does not answer ? The Leafs are no longer owned by Harold Ballard, they will welcome him with open arms.
I just question if he's a fit with Dubas as GM and if theyw ould be too worried abo

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If he goes Toronto, I will say farewell and good luck to the Captain.

With that said, they’ll run him out of town in a few years when his cap hit is preventing them from plugging the team’s holes... :naughty:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lol gonna be another fun offseason when Tavares doesn’t go to the leafs.... Same people just never learn.

If he doesn't come here we move on, this isn't 2016 anymore we don't need a saviour now we just need pieces.

I personally think he goes to Vegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad