Rumor: Arthur Staple: Isles Remain Front-Runner for Tavares | Other teams still in mix

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He stays on Long Island.

$33 million in cap space, pre-resigning; can offer 8 x $12m no sweat.

Islanders get a goalie and coach that knows defense.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Translation: Lou is cleaning up the big steaming pile Snow left him with.

Yup. What's worse for Snow (and Weight) is that they are still with the organization and have to watch as Lou swings the axe. Watching helplessly as their cronies are punted can't be pleasing. I hope they land on their feet elsewhere as you hate to see anyone lose their jobs, but this was needed in the worst way.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yup. What's worse for Snow (and Weight) is that they are still with the organization and have to watch as Lou swings the axe. Watching helplessly as their cronies are punted can't be pleasing. I hope they land on their feet elsewhere as you hate to see anyone lose their jobs, but this was needed in the worst way.
If there was any other team who wanted to hire them for other positions wouldn't they have left already or will leave the first chance they get? It's just like when Lou left the Leafs because everyone knew he was not going to remain around another 4 years as a Senior Advisor.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
So I guess since they didn't mention the Leafs as a possible destination everyone is ok with that, however when Staple mentions the Leafs all hell breaks lose.

I find it funny to see Montreal listed on there because they are far from being a contender next season and long after that.
No Leafs!!! It has to be speculation and I guess I should start to discredit the writer because he didn't include my favourite team. From what I've read in this thread that's the proper reaction

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No Leafs!!! It has to be speculation and I guess I should start to discredit the writer because he didn't include my favourite team. From what I've read in this thread that's the proper reaction
Since the Islanders are mentioned in that Hockey News article at #1 for re-signing Tavares I guess that's why it's ok to be mentioned. Oh wait Staple mentions the Islanders as well, however I guess since Toronto was mentioned he can not be trusted. :sarcasm:

Reactions: 93gilmour93

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Fake news. No Leafs!!! Did Bob McKenzie confirm this? I need a safe space. Who is this hack writer anyways. I think I'm getting how the thread works. :sarcasm:

According to you, everyone has some sort of credibility and shouldn't be ruled out. So I posted it. Make fun all you want, you're just mocking yourself as you do.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
According to you, everyone has some sort of credibility and shouldn't be ruled out. So I posted it. Make fun all you want, you're just mocking yourself as you do.
Nah just my sarcastic response to the way this thread works. Didn't say everyone is credible just to not discredit someone who brings up the evil Toronto Maple leafs. Those damn leafs fans

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think his point is if no one wants to believe it when Tavares is linked to Toronto when a story like that is posted like the one Staple wrote, why should anyone believe The Hockey News article which does not list Toronto as a possible place for him to sign.

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
Lol. Oh the leafs hate. Why is it leafs fans can't comment on a thread about JT and Toronto as a possible fit. As for your example if Karlsson was linked to Edmonton why couldn't fans comment on it?
He’s got nothing better to do. He enjoys going on leafs threads and start talking garbage. Then again, what else is there to do in Manitoba ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad