Rumor: Artemi Panarin to Be EA NHL 22 Cover Athlete (Edit: It's Matthews again I guess? LMAO)

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
To offset that disappointment here is Richter making the "save," in discussion:

The rush up ice starts at 1:45:50.

That was the MSG version, here's the terrible quality ESPN version with Thorne:

Starts there at 1:35:50.

PS if anyone ever finds a better version of that ESPN version game 7 please PM me immediately, I want it. I started watching Hockey for the first time with Game 7 of the Devils series, but the Canucks series as a whole and this Canucks game 7 in particular is the game that really made me a hockey fan and Rangers fan. It was so thrilling.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Seriously, he was just on the cover! Why again?

It would have been cool if it was a Ranger, but that doesnt annoy me nearly as much as Matthews getting the cover again.

North American more marketable than Euro Russian sadly.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Matthew’s being on the cover twice in three years is super weird, but I could care less who is on the cover. The trailer sucked. Looks like the exact same game with a couple of new canned animations added and some better lighting/textures. Look at the warping on Draisaitl’s nameplate, in the frame it specific slows down and focuses on, when he passes to McDavid for a one timer. This genuinely looks terrible going into next gen consoles.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Matthew’s being on the cover twice in three years is super weird, but I could care less who is on the cover. The trailer sucked. Looks like the exact same game with a couple of new canned animations added and some better lighting/textures. Look at the warping on Draisaitl’s nameplate, in the frame it specific slows down and focuses on, when he passes to McDavid for a one timer. This genuinely looks terrible going into next gen consoles.
I don't get why the jerseys still look so awful. How hard is it to do stitching and make the logos & numbers look proper? They look like warped cartoony screen prints

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It looks exactly the same from when I last played it.. It needs a complete new engine.

I don't get why the jerseys still look so awful. How hard is it to do stitching and make the logos & numbers look proper? They look like warped cartoony screen prints
It's a game engine/hardware limitation probably

Reactions: mas0764

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I would've bought the physical if it were Panarin
I'll be buying digital now

I would have bought physical probably for two different consoles if it was Panarin.

Now it's probably neither, unless it releases for PC.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Wow the teaser was such a bait and switch. EA must have realized that the game sells more copies if you put Matthews on the cover. Not even mad

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yup Sam called it as a save because it was bang bang and I don't think MSG showed a good angle replay. Canadian feed showed the replay where it was clearly off the post and harped over what might have been. Baseball isn't the only game of inches.
By that line of thinking, if Leetch's shot in overtime didn't hit the crossbar we'd have swept them.

Reactions: romba and mas0764

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad