Rumor: Artemi Panarin to Be EA NHL 22 Cover Athlete (Edit: It's Matthews again I guess? LMAO)

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
since the NHL is about the youth, Fox would make more sense but it's Panarin.

Youth wants goals. Look how many are uptight with losing Buch and bringing in Goodrow despite the team being better equipped to make the playoffs

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pretty sure fox is a Bauer guy

that’s gotta be bread but who knows if it has anything to do with the cover

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Pretty sure fox is a Bauer guy

that’s gotta be bread but who knows if it has anything to do with the cover
Is there a fundamental difference between the two brands? I’ve always used CCM skates and used Easton or Koho sticks when I used to play back in the day.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Is there a fundamental difference between the two brands? I’ve always used CCM skates and used Easton or Koho sticks when I used to play back in the day.

They're just brands. I’m a Bauer guy. It’s like Nike or Reebok sneakers. Some people just have a preference. Every brand fits a little different, and their different models fit differently. Like Bauer Vapors are shallower, narrower and have a more aggressive forward lean and Supremes are deeper, have more volume in the footbed and less of forward lean. But every brand has their own comparable models so it really comes down to preference and/or who you sign an endorsement with.

I run Supreme 2S skates and all Bauer gear but I have a couple of Easton and Warrior twigs as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Modest Grouse

Sponsor
Jun 20, 2019
cut.jpg

It's actually Ranger the dog. The new feature this year is in Be a Pro you can go dog shopping and post your dog on Instagram. You can fully customize a team dog in the new Franchise feature Create a Dog.
I think you're confused. The internal EA project name for NHL 22 is Create a Dog, it's not actually a feature in the game.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

All my goalie equipment has been Heaton/koho/reebok/CCM. I’ve always been in that lefebvre line of gear. But skates over gone back and forth. Bauer run narrower always have which sucks for me because my foot gets wider from the heel out to the toes. But when I’ve gone to Reebok skates I’ve never loved them. So I went back to Bauer and have stayed with Bauer and a wider cut. I think it’s a far superior skate product at least. But there are definitely differences. I personally believe Bauer gear lasts longer too. Although I like CCM/Reebok gear much better

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
There isn't really any "superior" brand, I would say Bauer & CCM are better than the smaller brands though as they have much more money to put into R&D. A lot of innovation from the smaller brands gets bought up by the giants too, Bauer bought Easton some years ago and then with the Bauer Flylite sticks they brought back the beloved elliptical taper from the OG Easton sticks. I'm a Bauer guy and wear all Bauer Vapor everything, just because growing up watching hockey all the best players had big endorsement deals so they wore all a single brand. A lot of scrubs wore a mismatch of gear.

I'd say different brands are superior at different things, one thing CCM is ahead on is one-piece boots. Bauer still does not offer a one-piece boot, although I'm not sure a one-piece boot is necessarily superior. There must be a reason Bauer is holding off. Then sticks I see a lot of people complain Bauer sticks aren't very durable, I break a lot of them. I broke my 1X Lite within the first 30 days when it was still on warranty. I broke my 2N Pro within like 3 months.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
There isn't really any "superior" brand, I would say Bauer & CCM are better than the smaller brands though as they have much more money to put into R&D. A lot of innovation from the smaller brands gets bought up by the giants too, Bauer bought Easton some years ago and then with the Bauer Flylite sticks they brought back the beloved elliptical taper from the OG Easton sticks. I'm a Bauer guy and wear all Bauer Vapor everything, just because growing up watching hockey all the best players had big endorsement deals so they wore all a single brand. A lot of scrubs wore a mismatch of gear.

I'd say different brands are superior at different things, one thing CCM is ahead on is one-piece boots. Bauer still does not offer a one-piece boot, although I'm not sure a one-piece boot is necessarily superior. There must be a reason Bauer is holding off. Then sticks I see a lot of people complain Bauer sticks aren't very durable, I break a lot of them. I broke my 1X Lite within the first 30 days when it was still on warranty. I broke my 2N Pro within like 3 months.

I've broken more Bauer sticks than any other brand, for sure. I think one season in college I went through four One95s. One of them crumbled on a breakaway (obviously had been slashed or broken on an earlier play). One broke in warmups.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Reactions: mas0764

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

It’s all about foot shape (ccm is generally considered wider, Bauer narrower) and what brand fits you and your skating style best.

But half the time the skater chooses the brand they think is cooler or has a more appealing look.

I wore Grafs for years, last pair I had were the top of the line and fell apart in 3 seasons. Shouldn’t happen. Brand quality took a hit. I wasn’t the only who complained.

Went back to the Bauer’s I had when it all started. But man I loved those Grafs

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Best stick I ever used, not counting the original Synergy, is TRUE. I am a cheap ass when it comes to gear so I have used the same stuff for way too long and just recently started replacing gear. TRUE are the best sticks I have seen on the market in a long time. I dont know if its the placebo effect though cause when I worked at a pro shop I learned there are only a few factories in the world and everybody gets their stuff from the same factories, just with different stickers. That could have changed though. This was 10+ years ago.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That is absolutely the shot that hits the post in Game 7. Richter never made the save.
82594-nhl-95-dos-front-cover.jpg

Yup Sam called it as a save because it was bang bang and I don't think MSG showed a good angle replay. Canadian feed showed the replay where it was clearly off the post and harped over what might have been. Baseball isn't the only game of inches.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
82594-nhl-95-dos-front-cover.jpg

Yup Sam called it as a save because it was bang bang and I don't think MSG showed a good angle replay. Canadian feed showed the replay where it was clearly off the post and harped over what might have been. Baseball isn't the only game of inches.

wow look at how much more net there was to shoot at. It almost looks like the net was a different size than it is now lol.

such a distant memory for me. But i remember playing that game. If i remember correctly that was the first one where you could create a player.

Reactions: romba

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Guess my memory was off a little I always thought it was a different angle and my young brain assumed it was a goal and not a cross bar. Still not the best picture they could use. Stopping Bure on the penalty shot from above would have been cool.

True; but I always will love that moment because 11 year old me was watching the ESPN feed and remembers Gary Thorne incorrectly identifying it as a save, but his call on the moment was legendary.

So I still pretend it was a save. Richter's flailing pushed it just wide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad