Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
He has 30 assists and is 11th in points and is starting to be on fire..and he has 545 assists in his career..last time I checked 545 is a very good number.

exactly. Why are all these posters so obsessed with the scoring race anyway? Don't they realize that Ovechkin has 545 career assists?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
OP is updated. The Tampa Bay trio was shut down by the Bruins tonight, who just dominated. Doubt the Senators will be able to do that Saturday.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I noticed Crosby in 10th on 77 points.

Chance of him getting a top 5 spot?

5th is currently MacKinnon with 81 points.

He's been quietly creeping up for a while now. Needs to put some multi-point games together. The Avs duo have slowed down a lot, but are still picking up a PPG usually.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
OP is updated. The Tampa Bay trio was shut down by the Bruins tonight, who just dominated. Doubt the Senators will be able to do that Saturday.
You never know, the Lightning "love" playing crappy against lower teams for whatever reason. Just like last night against Boston! ...I kid, Boston's a terrific team and IMO the biggest threat to the Lightning in the East come playoffs. Nonetheless, the outcome of last night's game was to be expected as it was the 3rd game in 4 nights on the tail end of a back-to-back for us.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
You never know, the Lightning "love" playing crappy against lower teams for whatever reason. Just like last night against Boston! ...I kid, Boston's a terrific team and IMO the biggest threat to the Lightning in the East come playoffs. Nonetheless, the outcome of last night's game was to be expected as it was the 3rd game in 4 nights on the tail end of a back-to-back for us.

Boston has more to play for as well.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Havent been following this thread as closely the last 1-2 weeks. I'd say a month ago, everyone was convinced (myself included) McDavid would still win the Ross. Kucherov has a very sizeable lead now though - with Kane right smack in the middle.

Is it a foregone conclusion Kucherov wins? Or does he slow down and people expect Kane to win? Or do people still expect McDavid to close the gap?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I just want a top 10 finish. Don’t care what position. Preferably top 5 obv.

Your bar is too low. top 10 finish doesn't do much for Crosby imo.

I do feel as though Crosby will be the best player in the league the last month of the season. Him and Malkin have never missed the playoffs. They should also be one of the absolute top contenders this year based on last 3 seasons. But you can't contend if you don't make playoffs, and i think they both go all out to get the team in the playoffs.

I expect Crosby (Malkin too) to go on a tear in the next few weeks until Pittsburgh is back comfortably in a playoff position.

He's obviously too far back to catch Kucherov now - but i wouldn't be surprised to see him keep climbing up the scoring race and finish really strong - 100+ points.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Your bar is too low. top 10 finish doesn't do much for Crosby imo.

I do feel as though Crosby will be the best player in the league the last month of the season. Him and Malkin have never missed the playoffs. They should also be one of the absolute top contenders this year based on last 3 seasons. But you can't contend if you don't make playoffs, and i think they both go all out to get the team in the playoffs.

I expect Crosby (Malkin too) to go on a tear in the next few weeks until Pittsburgh is back comfortably in a playoff position.

He's obviously too far back to catch Kucherov now - but i wouldn't be surprised to see him keep climbing up the scoring race and finish really strong - 100+ points.
I think a top 10 will do something. Crosby is now 31 not exactly old but not exactly young anymore. Top 10 this year would give him his 11th top 10 finish. How many players have 11 or more top 10 finishes?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think a top 10 will do something. Crosby is now 31 not exactly old but not exactly young anymore. Top 10 this year would give him his 11th top 10 finish. How many players have 11 or more top 10 finishes?

Joe Sakic had the best season of his career at age 31. Your bar is too low.

I expect Crosby to finish minimum top 4 in scoring race. I'd love for him to somehow reach higher though.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Joe Sakic had the best season of his career at age 31. Your bar is too low.

I expect Crosby to finish minimum top 4 in scoring race. I'd love for him to somehow reach higher though.
Some players age differently. Also Crosby plays a very physical brand of hockey. Which takes more of a toll on the body. The kids (Mack, Johnny hockey) are only 4 points ahead and Sid is white hot right now. I think it’s a very good chance

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Havent been following this thread as closely the last 1-2 weeks. I'd say a month ago, everyone was convinced (myself included) McDavid would still win the Ross. Kucherov has a very sizeable lead now though - with Kane right smack in the middle.

Is it a foregone conclusion Kucherov wins? Or does he slow down and people expect Kane to win? Or do people still expect McDavid to close the gap?
As long as kucherov maintains at least a ppg threw the rest of the season he can’t lose

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Let's say Kucherov slows down and goes "only" 1 ppg the rest of the way. In that case McDavid would have to go over 2 ppg to win. He's out of it. Kane is the only one left capable of catching him.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Let's say Kucherov slows down and goes "only" 1 ppg the rest of the way. In that case McDavid would have to go over 2 ppg to win. He's out of it. Kane is the only one left capable of catching him.

He could easily drop below ppg the rest of the way though. He did that last year - i think 15 points in his last 16 games.
And McDavid scored 37 points in his last 21 games last year

After game 65+ of the season last year - McDavid outscored Kucherov by 16 points.

Not saying it's going to happen this year - but this is exactly how it played out last year. So it's probably not as far fetched as you'd imagine.

Reactions: jbobell98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad