Art Ross Thread Part II: 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF91

Nov 12, 2015
I don't know what the arguing is all about. While McDavid is clearly in his own stratosphere, Kucherov is a product of Stamkos and Point. And maybe Hedman. And possibly Sergachev and Cernak. Lets be honest here. If Stamkos is not on Kucherov's line, Kuch likely has 60 points right now.
Did you mean St. Louis or Stamkos?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I don't know what the arguing is all about. While McDavid is clearly in his own stratosphere, Kucherov is a product of Stamkos and Point. And maybe Hedman. And possibly Sergachev and Cernak. Lets be honest here. If Stamkos is not on Kucherov's line, Kuch likely has 60 points right now.

o_O ::: not sure if serious or not :::

Just in case, a wee bit of info for those who do not watch the Lightning regularly; Stamkos and Kucherov haven't been on the same line for the vast majority of the season. They only play together on the first PP unit.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Here is the amount of "support" Kucherov has since 16/17:

Kuch - 289 points
Point - 186 points
Stamkos - 183 points

He is outscoring his next best teammates by over 50%!.

50%, you know the number that keeps on getting thrown for McDavid's % of total Oiler goals.

Reactions: TheGuiminator

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Here is the amount of "support" Kucherov has since 16/17:

Kuch - 289 points
Point - 186 points
Stamkos - 183 points

He is outscoring his next best teammates by over 50%!.

50%, you know the number that keeps on getting thrown for McDavid's % of total Oiler goals.

Even this season, Kucherov is actually outscoring his next best teammate (Point) by 24 points. I know he’s on a stacked team, but he still finds a way to distance himself from the rest of his teammates relatively easily.

As far Mcdavid, he’s outscoring his next best teammate (Draisailt) by « only » 9 points.

Even though he’s probably the consensus best player, Mcdavid was never able to distance himself from the rest of the pack since he entered the league.

Reactions: daver

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Point is great but not great enough to outscore Kucherov by 25 points in 18 games.
Anything is possible bro. As you should know, Stamkos is just a product of Kucherov. And Point is just a product of Kucherov as well. But more importantly Kucherov is just a product of Stamkos and Point. That scoring support. That powerplay... #insanedepth

From all that I've learned the past few days it's safe to say Kuch will come down to earth and disappear in mediocrity where he came from and where he belongs and the true puppet masters of the Lightning's success will take what is theirs.

If only they weren't so dependent on Kucherov performing... :huh:

Reactions: DFC and JoVel

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Congrats biased deluded McDavid fanatics. You’ve now catapulted this player into the dreaded Crosby hand wringing territory. Making up every excuse in the book to try and wrest attention from the player having the better season.

Maybe McDavid fans will start pretending he's good at defense like Crosby fans did.

Reactions: um and Sky04

lightningfanqc

Oct 30, 2009
Nordiques City

It's why Kucherov is with Point and Johnson/ Stamkos with Palat and Miller. If only, you would have said the PP.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Kucherov has a 10pt lead now. Kane needs to start putting up some multi-point games if he wants to even get close.

TB is at Boston and Oilers at Sens
Who knows maybe McDavid puts up 8 pts and gets back into it. Sens are really bad.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
It's why Kucherov is with Point and Johnson/ Stamkos with Palat and Miller. If only, you would have said the PP.
Why would I? I maintain that Kucherov plays on the line with Stamkos. Occasionally with St. Louis. And sometimes with Lecavalier. I do not let facts stand in the way of a good story.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC and DMXATF23

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The only way anyone is getting close to Kucherov is if he sits a game or two for rest near seasons end, and still nobody is likely to catch him.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Well he is one of the league leaders in takeaways so yea I would say he is good at defence

Nonsense. Crosby is 70th in in NHL in takeaways with 39. Malkin has 58 BTW.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ype=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=takeaways

I've come to expect this sort of unchecked nonsense in support of Crosby though. Several weeks ago a bunch of Canadians and Pens fans were making the case that Crosby kills lots of penalties. When I pointed out that he was 370th in the NHL they said that was old news and his penalty killing minutes were on the upswing.

Now he's 359th.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...e=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=shTimeOnIce

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Nonsense. Crosby is 70th in in NHL in takeaways with 39. Malkin has 58 BTW.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ype=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=takeaways

I've come to expect this sort of unchecked nonsense in support of Crosby though. Several weeks ago a bunch of Canadians and Pens fans were making the case that Crosby kills lots of penalties. When I pointed out that he was 370th in the NHL they said that was old news and his penalty killing minutes were on the upswing.

Now he's 359th.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...e=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=shTimeOnIce
Great post, too bad I wasn’t even talking about Crosby though.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I noticed Crosby in 10th on 77 points.

Chance of him getting a top 5 spot?

5th is currently MacKinnon with 81 points.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Good chance. Adding that longevity now

If he hadn't of missed those 3 games? earlier in the season he'd be on 81 already and a pretty sure fire bet to get to 100 points.

He should be able to get there, we have a few games against some rubbish teams and he needs 23 points in 19 games.

Reactions: Vjbasile87

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
If he hadn't of missed those 3 games? earlier in the season he'd be on 81 already and a pretty sure fire bet to get to 100 points.

He should be able to get there, we have a few games against some rubbish teams and he needs 23 points in 19 games.
I just want a top 10 finish. Don’t care what position. Preferably top 5 obv.

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
A loaded lineup does not, in and of itself, mean that a player will have by default more points. Individual line chemistry or a guy getting bumped up a unit into a better line can make a huge different (like when Abdelkader got Holmstrom's job on the Datsyuk line), but simply having Stamkos playing a line below him isn't a detraction from what Kucherov has been able to do.

I'd love to see an in-depth look at how much overall team quality impacts individual production, because I firmly believe it wouldn't to the extent that people think. In some cases, it can have the inverse effect because of shared offensive responsibilities and competition for quality minutes, offensive zone faceoffs, etc. Jagr's a perfect example of a guy who flourished offensively when he was given the keys to the Pen's offense because Mario couldn't stay healthy (aside from 95-96). Yzerman is another example of a guy who's role had to change significantly because the roster around him got better.

Reactions: binop7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad