Arsenal FC Thread

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I take Conte in a heartbeat next summer. Switch to a 3 back;
ESR - Auba - Saka
Tierney - Partey - Lokonga - AMN
Gabriel - Saliba - White
Leno

This is just using the players at the club currently. Definitely some areas to improve.

This is probably the best formation based on current personnel - although replace Saliba with Holding at the moment, and I'd still start Xhaka instead of Lokonga for now. Tierney and AMN can both defend well as the wingbacks, and Tierney can push forward to provide width and allow ESR to float between a winger/10 role. Also allows you to rotate Pepe and Odegaard into the winger roles.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Why would Holding start over Saliba when he's already miles better?
Don't believe Arteta guys. Saliba is amazing RIGHT NOW.

Because Saliba isn’t “experienced” enough.

I only meant that Saliba is out on loan, so Holding would be the best short-term fit there. He's certainly played better than Mari for us.

I read his post as Saliba isn't with the club right now so it would need to be Holding there. I may be wrong though.

:thumbu:

Reactions: The Abusement Park

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
More of the good old days. From the Invincible season. Wengerball at it’s best. Pires and Henry showing off their class. Love to see it.

Reactions: S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Look at how stupid our club is...we've spent the most money in the EPL and have the same squad of last year except for Ben White. I can't think of anything worse than that lol.
Part of me wonders if they put money into some younger players to sell us on 'trusting the process

:laugh:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't particularly like Conte but at this point I'd be willing to put personal preference aside for the sake of the team

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arteta is breaking so many Arsenal records.

Lost at home to Leicester for the first time since 1973, at home to Wolves for the first time since 1979 and at home to Burnley for the first time since 1975

Four league losses in a row for the first time since 1959

Lost the first two games in a league season without scoring for the first time in Arsenal’s 134 year history.

Finished outside of the top 6 for the first time in 25 years, and did that twice.

Already lost more games at The Emirates in 20 months than Wenger lost in 12 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad