Arsenal FC Thread

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Besides Partey’s injury the only super concerning thing today was Leno. He's the big big problem with retaining the ball from the back. The collective levels increase 50% at least once he is binned.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Besides Partey’s injury the only super concerning thing today was Leno. He's the big big problem with retaining the ball from the back. The collective levels increase 50% at least once he is binned.

In the expansion draft thread just the other week you considered keeping him over Gabriel who you claimed was one of the best defenders in the league. What gives?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Just the other week you considered keeping him over Gabriel who you claimed was one of the best defenders in the league. What gives?
Can’t take his lack of ball playing ability anymore. It’s so frustrating to watch. He’s a brilliant shot stopper but we just can’t play the way we want to with him

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

They still need to sign a better CM. Hope they don't get complacent on this.

I wouldn’t hate this, he’s improved even though he’s still clueless out there. I do want to eventually replace Xhaka, but I want like someone like Yaya or a 70+ million pound player like Pedri if we do.

FYI that was fake image, his ankle injury was totally fluke play.

Reactions: Rob

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How much longer do you give Arteta? Or is it too far gone for the manager to get into your good books?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If any of them get fired or canned, I give them around or before Christmas time except if they go on an Emery-esque losing streak where there was no other choice, but to let them go. I do think Kroenke will be patient though because we are starting this season off 0-3.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Who replaces Arteta mid-season though? The biggest rumor toward the end of last season was Brendan Rodgers, but I don't see him leaving Leicester during the season.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Should have been Blanc but it's probably not happening.

Didn't realize he is managing in Qatar now until I just looked it up. I would have taken him over Rodgers and some of the other names thrown around.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Antonio Conte would probably be the one we get. I would take anyone, litteraly anyone in Europes top 5 leagues over Arteta though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I take Conte in a heartbeat next summer. Switch to a 3 back;
ESR - Auba - Saka
Tierney - Partey - Lokonga - AMN
Gabriel - Saliba - White
Leno

This is just using the players at the club currently. Definitely some areas to improve.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If they do get Conte he will demand massive investment or quit immediately. So nobody would have to worry about watching trash.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Screw Conte, Blanc is the best fit. Arsenal should only be ran by offensive-styled managers and nobody else.
I agree with this. We need someone to play the Arsenal way and we need to stay true to the Arsenal brand that has given the club so many millions of fans worldwide. However, short term I would absolutely take Antonio Conte to stop the fall (and even though he doesn’t have Wenger DNA he isn’t as pragmatic as some people like to think). Conte objectively a brilliant manager and would do very well with this squad. Would prefer Blanc too though. If we can get Enrique or Mancini from an international job that would be brilliant as well. Gasperini is another great alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: maclean and S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I agree with this. We need someone to play the Arsenal way and we need to stay true to the Arsenal brand that has given the club so many millions of fans worldwide. However, short term I would absolutely take Antonio Conte to stop the fall (and even though he doesn’t have Wenger DNA he isn’t as pragmatic as some people like to think). Conte objectively a brilliant manager and would do very well with this squad. Would prefer Blanc too though. If we can get Enrique or Mancini from an international job that would be brilliant as well. Gasperini is another great alternative.
I want Arsenal to succeed and Conte is a serial winner.
I understand wanting Conte considering his pedigree and experience, but it wasn't like Emery was inexperienced either. He's a winner too, but wasn't that good in the end. I am a believer of hiring someone offensive, skilled, and build another "Wenger" with him in charge. That's Blanc, but I suggest that Nagelsmann is the best of the bunch. What he was able to do at Leipzig with limited funds and always getting players poached is pretty damn amazing. Disgusting that our organisation hasn't even had him as a prime candidate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad