Arsenal FC Thread

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Jonas Eriksson skriver bok om livet som domare (expressen.se)

"Who is the nastiest player you have judged? - The former Juventus and Arsenal player Stephan Lichtsteiner. He was always nasty, angry and questioned everything. It did not matter how it went in the match, he always had the same attitude." (google translate)

No surprise there of course - that the nastiest player he ever came across was a gooner.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Forgot he even played for us. Only ever played like 5-10 Arsenal games though, but he was very shit.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Doesn’t sound too encouraging. Need more drastic measures to remove the Kroenkes

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
As much money as everyone says they steal they aren't going anywhere. The club to them is like part of their portfolio.
In that case there is no reason to hope for a good future for Arsenal unless we hire a good manager by accident. Giving him no money is a reason for him to leave though. Don’t buy merchandise, boycott games.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In that case there is no reason to hope for a good future for Arsenal

I don't know if I'd say that because the same thing applies to United and Liverpool because we have the same problem. It just takes the right things to all align into place. While their hopes in Arteta are frankly delusional, when he leaves all it takes to get back in position to do something right is to make four signings that really pop and float the team up the table. That being said if their hopes for Arteta last too long then it might take longer.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I don't know if I'd say that because the same thing applies to United and Liverpool because we have the same problem. It just takes the right things to all align into place. While their hopes in Arteta are frankly delusional, when he leaves all it takes to get back in position to do something right is to make four signings that really pop and float the team up the table. That being said if their hopes for Arteta last too long then it might take longer.
The situation is salvageable in the summer but Arteta won’t be sacked. The logical decision is obviously to sack such an underperforming coach, when you don’t that sends a very worrying message. We could very easially get the likes of Ragnick and Gasperini and get much, much better but for some reason we don’t.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The situation is salvageable in the summer but Arteta won’t be sacked. The logical decision is obviously to sack such an underperforming coach, when you don’t that sends a very worrying message. We could very easially get the likes of Ragnick and Gasperini and get much, much better but for some reason we don’t.

It might be a good time to wait if those are the options though. Gasperini did get handed one very good squad at Inter and it completely blew up in his face. He needs to be able to build a team entirely and he's 63 years old.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It might be a good time to wait if those are the options though. Gasperini did get handed one very good squad at Inter and it completely blew up in his face. He needs to be able to build a team entirely and he's 63 years old.
He is currently the best manager in the world though, the Inter stint was 10 years ago. He got CL with Atalanta 4 times in 5 years, a team that finished in the top half once in the 10 years before him. Nothing to suggest he couldn’t do great at Arsenal. There are many options though. Ten Hag, Blanc, Rodgers, Allegri, Jardim, Fonseca, Potter, Ancelotti, Enrique, Hassenhuttl can likely all be poached quickly.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thing is, if they let Arteta dictate the next window (and they will), they'll give one more year. And get rid of players like Saliba and others who are actually great purchases by Emery.
And I don't think Arteta's transfer targets have been striking good either.
All in all, they'll lost at least another year of bad coaching and bad transfers.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Thing is, if they let Arteta dictate the next window (and they will), they'll give one more year. And get rid of players like Saliba and others who are actually great purchases by Emery.
And I don't think Arteta's transfer targets have been striking good either.
All in all, they'll lost at least another year of bad coaching and bad transfers.
Arteta will definately be on his knees for more mediocre spanish players. If he gets his way we are probably getting Joan Jordan and Eric Garcia, while selling Willock (who has 6 goals in his last 7) and Saliba. Giving Arteta funds will cause a lot long term of damage.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
And they are both away, playing top teams. They aren't going to lose out on anyone they want to sign if they're out of Europe entirely rather than in the meaningless Europa so in that sense finishing 8th or 9th may actually be better. Have one season to focus on the league. It would be hilarious to finish ahead of Spurs though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oh gosh let's not rehash that Wolves game or anything from that stretch of the season. Been trying to block it out as best I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->