Arsenal FC Thread

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I was surprised to read that AMN had asked to play RB/RWB rather than in midfield. Why the hell are we playing Cedric over him then? If Arteta thinks Cedric is the better player, then he should get his head checked and also let AMN leave.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
He wants to play right back instead of midfield apparently. Getting rid of Bellerin seemed like a pathway for more playing time. Though Everton overpaying for another one of our mediocre players would have been fine by me. Maybe we can get them to take Chambers, Holding, Nketiah and Nelson while they're at it.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Quite a funny nuance at the club at the moment is that the people dictating which positions are recruited for are completely mad, whilst those in charge of finding the players are highly competent

Our recruitment at the moment when it's not managerial requests is actually great. All signings we have made outside of managerial requests this summer are u24, properly scouted & cheap (Tomiyasu, Lokonga, Tavares). Will be shite under Arteta but good for the club going forward. If we didn't listen to Arteta and do the homegrown nonsense that landed us Ramsdale and White in less than important positions (we need a goalie but not a clear backup) for 75 million this could've been a good window.

Reactions: S E P H

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I was surprised to read that AMN had asked to play RB/RWB rather than in midfield. Why the hell are we playing Cedric over him then? If Arteta thinks Cedric is the better player, then he should get his head checked and also let AMN leave.

I think the timeline was he wanted to play in midfield but Arteta played him as a fullback. He adamantly didn't want to play fullback to the point he was seeing a shrink because of it. So he got loaned to WBA where he played midfield. Now he's back and I guess came to his senses since that he wants to play fullback but Arteta plays him in mid during preseason.

Arteta is an ass if he's going to banish him from first team training but they shouldn't accept the piss poor offer from Everton which is a 2 year loan where they can then sign him on a free when his contract expires.

If he doesn't get transferred he needs to be 2nd choice RB.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I don't think Lokonga and Tavares have particularly high potential. Tomiyasu, possibly.
Lokonga is has way way more potential than Tomiyasu and it isn’t close. He was Anderlecht captain and just made the Belgium squad at 21. He’s a brilliant player.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don't think Lokonga and Tavares have particularly high potential. Tomiyasu, possibly.

Lokonga has looked very good so far. Hopefully he keeps it up while Xhaka is out and we can see a Lokonga - Partey pairing.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think the timeline was he wanted to play in midfield but Arteta played him as a fullback. He adamantly didn't want to play fullback to the point he was seeing a shrink because of it. So he got loaned to WBA where he played midfield. Now he's back and I guess came to his senses since that he wants to play fullback but Arteta plays him in mid during preseason.

Arteta is an ass if he's going to banish him from first team training but they shouldn't accept the piss poor offer from Everton which is a 2 year loan where they can then sign him on a free when his contract expires.

If he doesn't get transferred he needs to be 2nd choice RB.

I do recall him originally wanting to play in midfield rather than as a wingback, which is why I was surprised to see he flip-flopped. But if thats the case then he definitely should have been starting over Cedric.

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Absolutely disgusting, I am ashamed.

The new man in action!

@AB13 has complained about us putting up forty thousand crosses in every single effin' match, this bloke looks like he's going to break the record with Arteta in a season. We're just going to load him up and he can cross it to the best target man in the world with Auba....FML, Arteta doesn't know tactics does he?

Reactions: AB13

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Makes me think there must be more happening behind the scenes....

Well he played with the first team in a behind closed doors match today so maybe they resolved it.

It all stemmed from AMN posting an IG story with a plea to play him or let him leave.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
if arsenal loses next game (against norwich) do you guys think arteta will get sacked? fredrik ljungberg taking over until they found someone worthy.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He won't be sacked because the board was stupid enough to back him with a bunch of money. Ljungberg would be way better though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arteta loses next game I think he is gone for sure.

I honestly think he needs 6 points going into that Spurs game to keep going!

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

Already talks about a deal in principle with Conte. If he doesn’t win upcoming games including NLD he’s surely gone.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He won't be sacked because the board was stupid enough to back him with a bunch of money. Ljungberg would be way better though.

@The Abusement Park can attest to this as well, but Kroenkes' tend to allow coaches to pass their stay by big amounts in their other sports. They also give coaches benefit of the doubt and I guarantee that the Covid/injuries will be used as a valid excuse.

Already talks about a deal in principle with Conte. If he doesn’t win upcoming games including NLD he’s surely gone.
Not sure I buy that, Edu just came out to the public today saying to defend the transfers they made together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad