Arsenal FC Thread

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Aside from Conte I would love to poach Mancini or Enrique from top national team jobs but that’s probably harder than the other options. I also wouldn’t mind Potter at this stage. I like the way he plays even if he isn’t proven at the top level and he would be easy to lure to Arsenal. Bielsa and Gasperini are other options I would like to explore because Arsenal should play liquid football. And I still want Blanc or Jardim.

The thing I would want the most however as an Arsenal fan is genuinely to have Wenger back. But I don’t want to put the great man through all of that stress. Let him enjoy retirement.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Too bad the source sucks.

Yeah I don't believe that; it's either both of them get canned or Arteta gets the pink slip first. I know it happens, but very rarely does (essentially) a GM get fired before a coach except if the technical director/GM left to join a new team.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
best possible lineup with no one injured i would say is:

Auba - Laca
Saka - Partey - Odegaard - Pepe
Tierney - White - Gabriel - Bellerin
Leno
Leno

Bellerin - White - Gabriel - Tierney

Partey - Xhaka/Lokonga

Pepe - ESR - Saka

Aubameyang

Sometimes Odegaard over Saka/ESR. Xhaka/Lokonga have to start.

If we get Conte and play a back three this could be genuinely exiting

Leno

White - Gabriel - Tierney

Mailand-Niles - Partey - Xhaka - Saka

Pepe - Aubameyang - ESR

I'm not against returning to the Auba-Laca strike duo that was genuinely world class just two years ago either.

With Saliba both those teams improve massively though. f*** Arteta.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This pity PR tour is something else. He slagged off West Ham while he was there and continued after he left, talking about how he needs a big club that plays free-flowing football, and look now - there's not a third-tier side in the country on his radar.

I'm sure there's an MLS side that could use some jersey sales, he should just make the jump.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This pity PR tour is something else. He slagged off West Ham while he was there and continued after he left, talking about how he needs a big club that plays free-flowing football, and look now - there's not a third-tier side in the country on his radar.

I'm sure there's an MLS side that could use some jersey sales, he should just make the jump.
The jump would just put him on IR tbf.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If I’m Arsenal I play a 4-4-2 narrow diamond with ESR essentially as a false 9/10.
Saka - Pepe
Esr
Partey - Odegaard
White
Tierney - Gabriel - Holding(Saliba) - Bellerin
Out of possession White drops into the backline so Tierney and Bellerin can stay a little higher up and wider on the pitch. They’d provide attacking width. Saka and Pepe would stay in the channels and make cutting runs into the box for ESR to find. If the ball goes to the touch line, ESR/Odegaard make the late runs in.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
If I’m Arsenal I play a 4-4-2 narrow diamond with ESR essentially as a false 9/10.
Saka - Pepe
Esr
Partey - Odegaard
White
Tierney - Gabriel - Holding(Saliba) - Bellerin
Out of possession White drops into the backline so Tierney and Bellerin can stay a little higher up and wider on the pitch. They’d provide attacking width. Saka and Pepe would stay in the channels and make cutting runs into the box for ESR to find. If the ball goes to the touch line, ESR/Odegaard make the late runs in.

Seems like this is essentially the same setup as the 3-4-3 discussed on the previous few pages with the caveat of ESR as a false 9/10. I think we'd be better suited with a true 9 and natural finisher up top, but I would be down to see some rotation in the front 3 between all of Saka, ESR, Pepe, Auba, Lacazette, Martinelli, Balogun, etc. Also I think Odegaard could be used in a winger role that drifts inside (much like I would use ESR in a 3-4-3).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have wondered about White transitioning to being a CDM more full-time. As I have mentioned before in various threads, White is not a combative CB. He is elite at reading the play and breaking up passing lanes and runs though. Could be a very effective shield for the back line and it would keep him from being exposed by the big strikers of the world.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Seems like this is essentially the same setup as the 3-4-3 discussed on the previous few pages with the caveat of ESR as a false 9/10. I think we'd be better suited with a true 9 and natural finisher up top, but I would be down to see some rotation in the front 3 between all of Saka, ESR, Pepe, Auba, Lacazette, Martinelli, Balogun, etc. Also I think Odegaard could be used in a winger role that drifts inside (much like I would use ESR in a 3-4-3).
Similar yeah, but with white pushing higher up in possession. I think auba could rotate in with Saka/Pepe and Laca could try the False 9 role. Martinelli would also rotate with Saka/Pepe/Auba.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Speaking of Arsenal documentaries (apologies in advance to Gooners- this is cold, I know)

full

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I’m convinced Pep sent Arteta as an agent. Revenge for Arsenal writing to CAS to ban City from Europe.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad