Arsenal FC Thread

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't even want Europe at this point. Less money goes to the club and maybe that will help push a certain owner out of town.

Reactions: phisherman

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I might do a major post later, but I can tell you this much...

1. NO Allergi
2. NO f***ing Spanish ball anymore.

Stay in Spain all you bloke who desire playing from the back and possession. It doesn't work when you don't have an insanely generational squad to get it done like Man City, Barca, or Real have.

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alright this is what I'll do...

Front Office
- Let go of Arteta and his entire coaching staff (I truly wanted it to work, I really did, but enough is enough).
- Hire an offensive coach such as Julian Nagelsmann, Laurent Blanc, or Christophe Galtier.
- Get rid of Edu and hire Damien Comolli.
- Get rid of that Indian bloke with the weird hair.
- Hire all the scouts we let go and scout the world again.
- Get rid of Stan Kroenke, but I doubt this.

Sold
- Alex Runarsson, GK [For anything, was one of the weirdest buys since Kallstrom]
- Hector Bellerin, RB [He's been given enough chances, he needs a change of scenery]
- Pablo Mari, CB [He's too slow and has no pace even for a centreback, he's not good enough]
- David Luiz, CB [After being a disaster he was actually good this season, but time to move on]
- Dani Ceballos, CM [He was great last year, perhaps underrated, but absolutely shocking this season]
- Martin Odegaard, CAM [Isn't consistent enough to play at a club like Arsenal, he's Bilbao level]
- Granit Xhaka, CM [Not a performance reason except I wanted him gone for a long time, need a change]
- Alexandre Lacazette, ST [I think this is another change of scenery type of move for both parties]
- Willian, RW [Buy him out at all costs, ASAP, I don't want to see his face ever again in my club's kit]
- Nketiah, ST [Championship level player who somehow found his way on this mighty club, unbelievable]
- Luca Torreira, DM [Wants to go back to South America, lets make it happen]

Buy
- Nicolo Zaniolo, CAM [Coming off a major injury, but a brilliant player who fills in a major weakness]
- Boubakary Soumare, CM [Athletic freak who's an engine in the middle of the pitch]
- Benoit Badiashile, CB [A young defensive prospect that can develop into a legit player]
- Alexander Isak, ST [A good prospect that had a solid season and can overtake Auba's spot in the future]
- Other options include (more unrealistic) Fekir, Koita, Soler, Milinkovic-Savic, Wirtz, Cherki, Zielinski, Ndombele, or Osimhen

4-2-3-1 in 2021-2022
Aubameyang
Martinelli - Zaniolo - Saka
Partey - Soumare
Tierney - Gabriel - Saliba - Chambers
Leno​

Bench
Ryan [Solid back-up keeper]
Holding [Very solid back-up and has been a good warrior]
Badiashile [Good young prospect to eventually replace Gabriel]
Cedric [Back up]
Maitland-Niles [Back up option that can play multiple positions at a passable rate]

El Neny [Solid in coming off the bench]
Smith-Rowe [Will eventually become our main #10]
Pepe [Good player to bring off the bench for energy and hype]
Nelson [Good in case of injuries]
Guendouzi [Engine player that can shutdown matches late]
Willock [Put him as a BxB and good things will happen from him]

Isak [A risk, but has the potential to replace Aubameyang]
Balogun [Already better than Nketiah and way younger]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why is soumare coming to Arsenal?
I don't think it's crazy to think that if Chelsea got all their best players when they were out of European football, then why can't Arsenal? However, I think it's also very reasonable to say that if Soumare ain't coming here (as there isn't a point for him to move laterally or below), then 97% of Arsenal's targets won't be coming here either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Some cryptic messaging coming from Arteta. Apparently, he knows why we declined but cannot say at the moment...

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Soumare could come to Arsenal. He's still not a starter with Lille.
Eh, he's started half of their games and played in 29/35. And next year he'd be doing that in the Champions League as opposed to starting who knows how many with a team that's not in Europe.
I don't think it's crazy to think that if Chelsea got all their best players when they were out of European football, then why can't Arsenal? However, I think it's also very reasonable to say that if Soumare ain't coming here (as there isn't a point for him to move laterally or below), then 97% of Arsenal's targets won't be coming here either.
If you expect Chelsea spending, then yes, you're crazy. Again, I listed three targets, all three of which would be making considerably less of a step down (if any) than leaving the potential French champs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Eh, he's started half of their games and played in 29/35. And next year he'd be doing that in the Champions League as opposed to starting who knows how many with a team that's not in Europe.

If you expect Chelsea spending, then yes, you're crazy. Again, I listed three targets, all three of which would be making considerably less of a step down (if any) than leaving the potential French champs.
Lille will sell. They NEED to sell. Soumare is bound to leave. He's one of their biggest trade asset because he's young, good and has potential to be even better. He'll go for 40M and Arsenal is IMO a very possible destination.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lille will sell. They NEED to sell. Soumare is bound to leave. He's one of their biggest trade asset because he's young, good and has potential to be even better. He'll go for 40M and Arsenal is IMO a very possible destination.
Fair. I wasn't sure about Lille's financial situation and whether winning the league (potentially) and making UCL would alleviate some of their selling pressure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fair. I wasn't sure about Lille's financial situation and whether winning the league (potentially) and making UCL would alleviate some of their selling pressure.
It will, but they need to sell first. Which is why Galtier will leave BTW. He's had enough of constant rebuild, especially since they'll be killed in the CL most likely if they sell too much.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It will, but they need to sell first. Which is why Galtier will leave BTW. He's had enough of constant rebuild, especially since they'll be killed in the CL most likely if they sell too much.
Fair enough. If we're shopping Lille, I'll take Celik and David too. I'll even through in one slightly used Lacazette

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So, everyone still happy Wenger got run out of town?
There was a stat from the most recent Arsenal match from NBCSN which had Emery vs Arteta side-by-side statistically and they were almost exactly similar (with a bit more negative towards Arteta like less points and more losses). We all made a huge mistake on Wenger, but he still needed to go because he was too much of a yes man for the front office to hide behind.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
There was a stat from the most recent Arsenal match from NBCSN which had Emery vs Arteta side-by-side statistically and they were almost exactly similar (with a bit more negative towards Arteta like less points and more losses). We all made a huge mistake on Wenger, but he still needed to go because he was too much of a yes man for the front office to hide behind.

Cool story.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah no shit maybe hiring someone with experience when you are one of the biggest sports teams in the world is an actual good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad